An Orkut Community Puts Google India in Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ashX]

Broken In
Orkut has its OWN Rights with which it can stop or remove that like threads.

STOP IT! :-< STOP IT! :-< STOP IT! :-( STOP IT! :-( STOP IT!

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
I believe that Nazi communities on Orkut were banned after complaints in France and Germany; Something similar could be done here. Though I would not blame Orkut for this. As it is, freenet is used most effectively for 'hate' purposes. And try banning things on freenet!

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Vyasram said:
there are hundreds of sites/communities which wud be spreading hatred abt india or any other country , and everyone has the right to express themselves , u beleive them - believe them, else - ignore them. simple as that.
freedom of expression as u might put it. just ignore them.

S

sariq

check here rules of orkut for uploading a photo:
You can upload a JPG, GIF, or PNG file. (Maximum size of 500KB) Do not upload photos containing children, pets, cartoons, celebrities, nudity, artwork or copyrighted images.
and here is orkut terms and conditions:
In addition to illegal content, we may also remove content that violates our Terms of Service such as hate speech, violence, and commercial activity.
there can be seen many profile violating these terms and conditions, orkut does not remove them despite of reporting. so, orkut does not impliment its rules, which says:
When you click this button and tell us why you think the page should be removed, we receive a notification. If there is illegal content, we may immediately remove it and report the content to the appropriate authorities if necessary.

^ in practice orkut has no control over these activities, if they cant maintain it they should shut it down. or orkut should develop a system to impliment their rules.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
i had received an fwd message abt this community and asking to report it as bogus...this ws abt a month back...i wonder hw cum 1000 boguses have not been reported till now...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
sariq said:
check here rules of orkut for uploading a photo:

and here is orkut terms and conditions:

there can be seen many profile violating these terms and conditions, orkut does not remove them despite of reporting. so, orkut does not impliment its rules, which says:

^ in practice orkut has no control over these activities, if they cant maintain it they should shut it down. or orkut should develop a system to impliment their rules.

Good compilation Sariq.
All the 'so-called' supporters of Orkut, DO READ THIS CAREFULLY.

What kind of freedom of expression are you speaking about? Harassment? Nudity? Huh! There is a limit to everything. Orkut is a place for communities. So some moderation is essential. Upon report of such anti-country communities by some countries, those were removed. Now if India is doing that, some people are called it as freedom of expression? Terrible!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i hope orkut is legally sued .... it is not only india .... 2moro some 1 might start an anti-pak community or anti-america (anti-bush will be a run-away success) ..... this is a global issue such things should not be allowed ...

dheeruymv1212

Broken In
This problem must be solved by just removing that community which totally in abuse.............................uuuuuuuuuuuuuu delete the community......?????

47shailesh

Security Exp
Vyasram said:
there are hundreds of sites/communities which wud be spreading hatred abt india or any other country , and everyone has the right to express themselves , u beleive them - believe them, else - ignore them. simple as that.
but difference is in the media others use to do that suppose someone abuse ur family on some HIFIVE omunnity it does'nt matters to u but if someone does so by calliing u on ur mobile that does matter....orkut is same case accessible and reachable to aall.....

OP
F

freakitude

Journeyman
I agree with many of you who say that Orkut is idle, Orkut forums are inactive, but using Orkut is the option for many of us.

As most of the colleges, universities and schools have their communities on Orkut so Orkut is the only way to stay in touch with friends. I found many old lost friends on Orkut & I know many people who hardly know use e-mail but they use Orkut.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
For every action theres equal and opposite reaction. Thats why there are also 'We hate those who hate India' comm.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mods this is becoming a continuation of the 'shud orkut b banned' fite club thread .... split this one so we can continue the fite

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Okrut is crap , i hate social networking sites . Every third day i have invite from one of the million social networking sites and they have stupid names as zuzu,guga, #%^$%&.. wtf.

For the ppl who have time to kill, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom