an auto backup software

D

Deleted member 26636

i want an auto backup software that i can use with my external 500gb hdd & a shared laptop...my conditions are- i have a folder in my internal hdd which gets updated almost every 5 mins (i am a student, it is kind of like a project folder)...i want to be able to create a backup of this folder on my external hdd & the shared laptop in such a way that everytime the folder is updated in my internal hdd, it also gets updated in the other drives...please suggest me some softwares? my external hdd is a transcend storejet 25m 500gb. thank you..

Last edited by a moderator:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
You can use folder synchronization, *www.allwaysync.com/. Another approach is to set up a RAID 1 setup on the hardware level, which means there are two copies of all your files.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

You can use folder synchronization, *www.allwaysync.com/. Another approach is to set up a RAID 1 setup on the hardware level, which means there are two copies of all your files.

thank you...i'll try it..but i do not want to backup all my data(everything else other than the mentioned "projects" folder is expendable :) ).is it possible to setup RAID 1 between an internal & external HDD, or an internal & shared drive..& if i setup RAID,i don't think it will be possible to select what folders i want to backup.:|

*www.ghacks.net/2009/04/26/the-10-best-windows-backup-software-programs/

If the folder is not too big, use DropBox. They give a 2gb account with automatic file synchronization. So if you edit the file, the backed-up file will also be edited and stored seamlessly. Works off the PC as a folder too. (though I doubt whether you'll want a 2gb account, especially since you mentioned the need for a 500gb hdd)

If all else fails,
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backup_software
:D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
try this free software. I am sure you will like it.
*www.techtin.com/software/free-complete-and-reliable-backup-for-windows-7-paragon-backup-recovery/

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

thanks guys...i actually found one after some searching & it suits my needs...its called Yadis Backup

Mike_tech

Right off the assembly line
i want an auto backup software that i can use with my external 500gb hdd & a shared laptop...my conditions are- i have a folder in my internal hdd which gets updated almost every 5 mins (i am a student, it is kind of like a project folder)...i want to be able to create a backup of this folder on my external hdd & the shared laptop in such a way that everytime the folder is updated in my internal hdd, it also gets updated in the other drives...please suggest me some softwares? my external hdd is a transcend storejet 25m 500gb. thank you..

Handy Backup can do it well. I have used several backup programs for years, and I recommend Handy Backup, it's easy and reliable backup software for automatic backup.

Top Bottom