Amd or Intel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@ smit,

dude, U plz try to understand..
Let say, I brought a C2Q E today for 40K (for future proof)
I can get a good C2D with 10K
==> I can buy 4 C2D now instead of C2Q E

U say, C2Q E will be last for 4 years.
So, I can upgrade my C2D every year with LATEST AVAILABLE technology which may be cheap.
Who say, @ 4th year, I'll get C2Q E in 10K ??? ;-)

So, I will enjoy a brand new Processor EVERY YEAR which is obviously NEW TECHNOLOGY !!

Got the point ??

BTW, do anyone know, when Barcelona is going to release ?? I heard it's on next Monday! Is it ??

Who

Guess Who's Back
shirish_nagar said:
@ smit,

dude, U plz try to understand..
Let say, I brought a C2Q E today for 40K (for future proof)
I can get a good C2D with 10K
==> I can buy 4 C2D now instead of C2Q E

U say, C2Q E will be last for 4 years.
So, I can upgrade my C2D every year with LATEST AVAILABLE technology which may be cheap.
Who say, @ 4th year, I'll get C2Q E in 10K ??? ;-)

So, I will enjoy a brand new Processor EVERY YEAR which is obviously NEW TECHNOLOGY !!

Got the point ??

BTW, do anyone know, when Barcelona is going to release ?? I heard it's on next Monday! Is it ??

no you don't get my point , when i said C2E cheaper in the longer run i really had made my point there, also C2E quad E6850 will only last around 3.2 years not 4 years.

Anyway let me explain my point , i will have to make 2 rigs for it

Future Proof PC

intel C2E quad E6850 - 40k , good MObo - 12k , 4 GB ddr 3 ram - 12k , 9800 GTS - 30 k
Total amount - 94 k round about

Upgrade every year PC
1st year
intel C2D e6600 - 11k good mobo - 10k 2 gb ram ddr 2 - 5k , 8700 GTS gfx card - 10k , Total :- 36k

2nd year
intel C2q e6600 - 11k , good mobo :- 10k, 4 gb ddr 3 :- 6k , decen GFX card :- 10k , Total : -37 k

3rd year
intel 8 core - 11k , good mobo :-10k , 4 gb ddr 4 :-6k , decent GFX ( PCI 2.0) :- 10 k Total :- 37 k

Grand Total : - 110 k

now let me make a run down on both PC, when i will buy the future proof PC , it can 100% let me play games on max setting on 1600 x 1400 for 2 years at least , i might have to switch the res to 1280 x 1024 but thats ok

now your upgrade ever year PC :-
1st
since you are talking about buying a C2D now & since ddr 3 rams are hard to find right now & they are i have given it 2 gb ddr2 ram which should be enough for now & i haven't give high end graphics card like 8800 GTS because it is a dying tecnology & a 9800 GTS would be bottleneck due to the CPU.

2nd

you will really need switch to C2Q this year , so you need to buy a new mobo & it will DDR3 ram & you will need more ram for the future games , also you would need to buy a new card cause 8700 GTS would not be suffice for you to play the games at 1024 x 768 on high settings

3rd year

you will go with a 8 core proccer , so you will need to buy a good mobo, again you will switch to DDR 4 this year & will buy a decent PCI 2.0 card which will perfrom some what better than my 9800 GTS.

so this last upgrade will make your PC nearly as powerful as my 3 year old pc or more, but with this upgrade route it will cost you more , you will never get the benefit of playing games on high res, you will never get a time when you never have freedom to set AA/AF on the level which you want to set.

so i think my future proof PC wins in the longer run , yes i have to pay more as a one time payment but i will be happy because i will have a future proof system.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude no one upgrades that much every year man ur exaggerating if that happens in ur case, well sad
people may upgrade once in 2 years man
or some people only upgrade if its abosolutely obsolete, u think anyone wud REALLY spend that much money every to upgrade just to run everything at maximum

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
of course that's my point no sane person would upgrade every year to play games on max details at just 1024 x 768 , he would go & buy a high end system or the person will lower his details or res to 800 x 600 but i am not here to tell what the person should if he has no money.

my point is your theory that a C2D would be suffice for 2 years is very wrong & if he does not upgrade he will have to turn down details in everything or else he can't enjoy it.

i have also proved my point that going with a med- high or high end is way to go if you want to brake a cycle but if you don't want to fine, its your opinion but it doesn't make you right.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I would rather play my games at lowest settings than spend 100k+ money on PC.And besides I don't have that kind of money anyways.I got a very decent PC now and I am not gonna upgrade for next 2-3 years not because I don't like upgrading but because I can't afford.And most people can't afford actually.

But the main point is if you got enough money than go for all the bells and whistles man.If you don't have that kinda cash stick to what you can afford or you have and be happy about it.And trust me dude a lot of people still survives on celeron processor and 128MB ddr ram.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
^^exactly noone wants everything in max
no one can afford that much smit u have to understand that

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
and, this is INDIA !!!

Those days are still to come, when I'll buy a separate Gaming PC of 100K !! :-(

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
shirish_nagar said:
can u please wait for Barcelona ?? ;-)

That's the thing with AMD.They always lag behind Intel in making better processors.Who knows,by the time AMD launches Barcelona,Intel must be contemplating the release of,say,8-core CPUs.:mrgreen:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
shady_inc said:
Which processor from AMD gives performance comparable to C2Qs????none of them.:evil:
This is one of the reasons why I don't recommend hardware sites to the general public. All they talk about is extracting the last MHz by overclocking the crap out of a poor little piece of silicon. Not everyone overclocks, and only geeks care about the difference between 67 and 69 FPS in Quake 4. Hah!

AMD is much better given the prices of their affordable boards and relatively powerful onboard graphics for generic home and office usage. And, all their processors are feature-rich, fast, and balanced - without costing the average Joe his arm and leg.

So stop reciting the same old beaten rhetoric that you probably learned from a fanboy.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
arre Yamraj bhai we are just saying c2d have no real competitor in the market at present and the prices of c2ds are really very competitive.AMD is cheaper and value for money but atleast 1 year behind Intel.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
amd is just following intel
whatever intel releases amd releases after a while so i doubt that amd will ever get past intel

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
entrana said:
amd is just following intel
whatever intel releases amd releases after a while so i doubt that amd will ever get past intel

The_Devil_Himself said:
arre Yamraj bhai we are just saying c2d have no real competitor in the market at present and the prices of c2ds are really very competitive.AMD is cheaper and value for money but atleast 1 year behind Intel.

Exactly what I wanted to say.:razz:

This is one of the reasons why I don't recommend hardware sites to the general public. All they talk about is extracting the last MHz by overclocking the crap out of a poor little piece of silicon. Not everyone overclocks, and only geeks care about the difference between 67 and 69 FPS in Quake 4. Hah!

I didn't say a word about overclocking,Did I???:?: .Intel processors perform better than AMD even without overclocking.

AMD is much better given the prices of their affordable boards and relatively powerful onboard graphics for generic home and office usage. And, all their processors are feature-rich, fast, and balanced - without costing the average Joe his arm and leg.

Seems like you haven't got an update of hardware prices for about a year.Decent GPUs costing as little as 4k-5k are easily available.You may argue that AMD motherboards with onboard gfx cost about the same as these cards.But then,with in Vista and Dx10 era,having onboard graphics is so......well u understand...:D

So stop reciting the same old beaten rhetoric that you probably learned from a fanboy.

Accept the reality.AMD may be good for PCs of shoestring budget,but nothing beats Intel in performance department.;)

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
shady_inc said:
Exactly what I wanted to say.:razz:
Nonsense 2 Duo.

shady_inc said:
I didn't say a word about overclocking,Did I???:?: .Intel processors perform better than AMD even without overclocking.
Since when? AMD X2 4400+ consistently beats Intel C2D 4300, which is actually dearer by 1000/-, in almost all tests. And you can pair it with an AMD 690G board for less than 3000/- with onboard graphics much better compared to any Intel solution available.

You're seriously off the track.

shady_inc said:
Seems like you haven't got an update of hardware prices for about a year.Decent GPUs costing as little as 4k-5k are easily available.You may argue that AMD motherboards with onboard gfx cost about the same as these cards.But then,with in Vista and Dx10 era,having onboard graphics is so......well u understand...:D
Seems like you don't understand the concept of "Personal Computers" at all. Vast majority of all the computers sold worldwide rely on onboard graphics solutions. AMD, with nVIDIA nForce and AMD 690G boards, scores well above Intel here.

And if you didn't know, nForce 6150+430 and 7050PV fully support Vista Aero, and even come with features like hardware T&L and SM3.0 for the casual low-end gamer. Besides, if you missed the news - Vista isn't all that popular and DX10 is struggling still with buggy implementation and news of DX10.1 cards emerging from the horizon.

Again, gaming is all you can think of.

shady_inc said:
Accept the reality.AMD may be good for PCs of shoestring budget,but nothing beats Intel in performance department.;)
Been dreaming much lately?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sometimes I think that we must just wait and watch till the dust settles and reveals the true aftermath of this conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom