AMD Vs. Intel, Which is Better?

Amd or Intel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Intel...I feel that for gaming purposes, Intel has slightly better performance than AMD. For productivity apps however, AMD usually was the more powerful processor. Of course, with the Core 2 Duo, things have shifted...and since I don't give a d@mn about money when I buy a computer (I don't compromise on the things I love! :))...its Intel for me!!

arunhalo

crazy overcloking
*www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=946&model2=882&chart=419

see amd vs intel c2d king of hail :p

satyamy

Alive Again...
as already you hav mentioned

If you need Cheaper PC
than
I love AMD, its cheap and better!!!!

If you need the Best
Everyone knows its InTeL iNsIdE

I like Intel for My PC

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Whats FUSION?
another great innovation by AMD...
AMD has got a habit of doing unique things that too differently :D

its a project to combine CPU and GPU... one unit to do both..
it was initiated almost 5 years ago secretly and has taken a leap after AMD acquired Ati... though it will still take time, unofficial sources tell that Fusion will debut sometime in Q4 2009
and it is the hardest job in hardware industry according to me...

actually another effort to make PCs more compact, more cost effective and a great effort to sabotage Intel... :))

AMD has lost a lot of its market share due to Intel COre 2 duo...

now i guess it will do anything to regain it..

but im not criticizing any party...:p

OFFTOPIC..

I think this is the most debatable topic in computer hardware..(today)

Guys why not make it a Sticky?? :D

i dont know where to go and whom to ask for that purpose...

can you guys help it out
......:)

Nav11aug

In the zone
bikdel said:
another great innovation by AMD...
AMD has got a habit of doing unique things that too differently :D

its a project to combine CPU and GPU... one unit to do both..
it was initiated almost 5 years ago secretly and has taken a leap after AMD acquired Ati... though it will still take time, unofficial sources tell that Fusion will debut sometime in Q4 2009

And why was the GPU invented in the first place? To take the load off the CPU, nah?

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ point...... but that was because at that time (20 yrs or so) the CPU was too weak to handle graphics intensive applications....

Nav11aug said:
And why was the GPU invented in the first place? To take the load off the CPU, nah?

have you seen a CPU supporting Pixel/Vertex Shader ? Have you seen a CPU supporting OpenGL?... i am yet not sure about Direct X, .. but OpenGL 2.0 is the minimum the Fusion CPU will support.. :) Open GL claims come out first because its much more scalable and is 'open', thats why...

like initially if you had to listen to music, sound card was needed.. but nowadays you get better than anything onboard sound cards, isnt it?.. that has cut down costs by a great margin... and its not hitting performance..

The AMD fusion technology wont be a simple 64 bit desktop computer processor..
it willl have almost 40 percent algorithms dedicated to graphics processing...

Now you may tell that we do have onboard Grafix.... but the AMD innovation is to make a universal processor.... in onboard gfx you still have a dedicated GPU on the motheboard... things will change with Fusion.....

i doubt that present applications will work properly on the platform.. nevertheless something highly technical is being done and is good...

I would say its an effort to build upon its current share in low to mid end market...

And of course the laptop market.. this one will reduce power consumption and make the machine more compact ;)

EDIT : Id likle to add up to say that kinds of fusion are already available in the market... though in a different platform!

any guesses what it may be? I mean tell me where both CPU and GPU work are done by a single processor :))

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
keith_j_snyder2 said:
I heard about fusion almost 2 years back but never though that it comes to life so quickly.

its not yet out...
i read unofficial sources saying that it will be released in Q4 2009..

don't actually believe this because the thread in which it was posted doesnt even exist... so no commitments...

but at least its on the way.. its coming and will debut soon.. that will earn lots of praises for AMD... ;) unless intel already got something up its sleeve :))

ax3 said:
bt does any problem occur 4 opengl & directx with AMD pcs ?

do games played on AMD work same as on INTEL ?

common.. why are you saying that?..

most of the gamers have used AMD PCs for gaming..
just 2 years ago gamers looked at nothing other that AMD Athlon XP or AMD ATHLION 64 clubbed with Nforce chipset for gaming...

AMD was ruling gamin earlier ... how come a problem will arise all of a sudden :p ?

as of today Intel is the winner... but that does not mean you will not get to play games on AMD PCs

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ax3 said:
bt does any problem occur 4 opengl & directx with AMD pcs ?

do games played on AMD work same as on INTEL ?
And what role does proccy has on DX nd OpenGL???
AMD is the first to use 3D Now, which boosted game performance. But now a days the main work is done by GPU.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
AMD PHENOM has new sets of multimedia instructions i.e SSE4a too where as INTEL QX9770 still doesn't have this one!

Hope there will be new breed of Quad cores with AMD!

anand1

In the zone
AMD is the best. If the same performanc we can get in a cheaper price then why not go for it. I m using it for years and without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom