amd p2 955 temp. Touching 95C!!

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
guys, day before yesterday when I was sitting on my pc, I just opened medal of honour.. I was playing the game when my pc just went off.. I powered it again but when I saw the temperatures, I was amazed to see 93C!! in summers when I used to play it, the temp would go upto 75 to 80 max but at that time my hsf would be at around 7000rpm.. This whole season it ran at around 3200rpm(prob. Due to cool temps- idle 35C n load 60C).. I have tried increasing its speed through bios n various other softwares but it never goes above 3600rpm..

Also, my pc is always running on 3.2ghz.. It only comes to 800 n temps lower to around 40C when i enable max power saving mode from amd green power.. Amd cool n quite is enabled.. Please help me.. I will open my cabinet after 30th(12th boards :( )..

P.s Will post cpuz n coretemp day after tomorrow..

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

n i am using cooler master extreme power plus 500w rite nw.. Could it be the problem?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's not a PSU issue.

looks to be your cpu fan is clogged with dust and that's why the fan is not spinning at full speed at high temp.

Get some good TIM like arctic Silver/MX or CM Nano Fusuion

Remove the HSF completely and clean off the remaining TIM from the CPU surface and from the bottom of HSF.

Clena the HSF properly.

appply a fresh layer of TIM on the cpu surface and remount the HSF properly.

BTW, can you tell the CPU Vcore Value from bios ??

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
here is some info for you....

please do see that these values are for max power optimization mode in green power....

i had cleaned my hsf just 3 weeks before.... may be the thermal paste has dried.... ??

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
will i really have to buy a new hsf?? i was saving some bucks for a new 1tb hdd and ram stick....

if necessary, please suggest a cheap and good hsf.... under 1500 bucks....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
rahul, try applying new thermal paste & also reduce core voltage as long PC is stable. also uninstall all MSI based utility. h/w cool&quite is enough. MSI or other such softwares may just mess up the whole process.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here is some info for you....

please do see that these values are for max power optimization mode in green power....

i had cleaned my hsf just 3 weeks before.... may be the thermal paste has dried.... ??

will i really have to buy a new hsf?? i was saving some bucks for a new 1tb hdd and ram stick....

if necessary, please suggest a cheap and good hsf.... under 1500 bucks....

I've not told you to buy a new HSF - I only told you to buy TIM ( Thermal Interface Material ) or thermal paste to apply with you existing cpu HSF.

From the pics I can see your CPU vcore is just too high - set it to 1.36x/ 1.39X/ 1.42x value and see which one is most stable - a lower vcore should reduce cpu temp.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
I've not told you to buy a new HSF - I only told you to buy TIM ( Thermal Interface Material ) or thermal paste to apply with you existing cpu HSF.

ok.. will buy one....

From the pics I can see your CPU vcore is just too high - set it to 1.36x/ 1.39X/ 1.42x value and see which one is most stable - a lower vcore should reduce cpu temp.

rahul, try applying new thermal paste & also reduce core voltage as long PC is stable. also uninstall all MSI based utility. h/w cool&quite is enough. MSI or other such softwares may just mess up the whole process.

will do so....

what about the fan speed issue????

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
amd 790gx g-65..

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

clean the fan dust and dirt cling to it some time of use and this makes the fan slow

Cleaned it just 3 weeks before.. With brushes and do so at least once in a month..

sparx

TechFanatic
Seems the thermal paste has dried up or, dust cloged fan. You need to:

1) Re apply good thermal paste

2) Clean the cpu fan

3) Undervolt that cpu

4)Check the cooling of the cabinet

Top Bottom