AMD Llano (fusion) mobile discussion

Machinehead

Broken In
Re: AMD Llano "fusion" discussion

The thing is, all these benchmarks and encoding, a VERY TINY percentage of people actually give a crap about these, all they care is price, portability and battery life.

And this llano I feel will give perfectly. Even 11-14 year olds, they'll play Counter Strike or at the most NFS(where intel will fail them most probably), and for them, Llano is exceptionally good, almost like god's gift.

egggggzactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coz if i were an average college kid, i'd have made my worth with a llano based pc. To hell with all the numbers..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

The thing is, all these benchmarks and encoding, a VERY TINY percentage of people actually give a crap about these, all they care is price, portability and battery life.

And this llano I feel will give perfectly. Even 11-14 year olds, they'll play Counter Strike or at the most NFS(where intel will fail them most probably), and for them, Llano is exceptionally good, almost like god's gift.

+1. Llano based laptops will offer GPU performance close/equal to the entrylevel mobile GPUs. so if they skip those GPU, we may have some entrylevel gaming laptop at 30k but then only the A8's have iGPU that can match discrete cards.

wondering if we'll see those "Powered by AMD Fusion" ads in TV anytime soon :smile:

kamal_saran

android lover

hey guys , found this while surfing. . This article gives us the answer to guestion that "will the 1866mhz ram will give the enough bandwidth to operate cpu and gpu at one time. ". .A llook at the Llano architecture | SemiAccurate

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^ it doesn't actually. Under 50-50 load, each CPU and GPU should get entitled 10GB bandwidth only. Now compare that to the HD5670.

rajan1311

Padawan

did you guys see the GPU performance gains when memory is OCed? Pretty significant...any chance of seeing onboard GDDR5 memory ? :p

comp@ddict

did you guys see the GPU performance gains when memory is OCed? Pretty significant...any chance of seeing onboard GDDR5 memory ?

the way AMD has designed the APU doesn't allow for SIDEPORT memory(big bummer!)

And the only RAM is DDR3 here, no GDDR5 option

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

the way AMD has designed the APU doesn't allow for SIDEPORT memory(big bummer!)

And the only RAM is DDR3 here, no GDDR5 option

integrating sideport memory in the small cpu/apu would be quite difficult i believe

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

So the APUs would be launching on 30th June:-

Llano motherboards available now, APUs on 30 June 2011

And check the mobos here:-

Several Llano boards listed and priced in EU

Asus' F1A75-M Pro shows up

MSI's A75MA-G55 detailed

Four RAM slots and Crossfire support along with all the other goodies in a mATX package - this is gonna be a killer platform, hope they will allow for upgrade to trinity and beyond. :)

Last edited:

comp@ddict

Re: AMD Llano (desktop) discussion

Finally, something on LAPTOPS:

Fully customisable HP Llano Laptops. Now, COME TO INDIA BABY!

HP Home & Home Office Store - We're sorry!

integrating sideport memory in the small cpu/apu would be quite difficult i believe

it isn't possible with this gen, but I believe, if some extra connections lanes can be drawn from the APU for a direct say 128-bit (2x64bit) access to sideport memory(512MB GDDR5 what say?), the GPU portion would benefit hell loads with it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
they could have gives some kind of electronic auto-switch thing. when GPU isn't used, let the APU use sideport memory. when you insert a GPU, the lanes are gives to the GPU & so access to sideport is cut off.

also a small amount of fast ram won't alter the motherboard price by much. maybe next gen Llano we'll see this (really hoping for).

another reason for this move can be that GPU will start to run ahead of the proccy.

jagdish

Journeyman
Re: AMD Compares Llano and Sandy Bridge in Video

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/11x01038b73amd.jpg

Core i7-2630QM with a discrete laptop GPU will obviously be faster, but if you look from the view point of OEM, it will be much more expensive. Basically, this thing guns for 35-50k notebooks imho.

I also expect Core i5-2xxxM + discrete GPU power consumption to be higher than the APU previewed in the video.

It will use more battery too.

Top Bottom