AMD Launches first AM3 DDR3 CPUs - Phenom II X4 810, X3 720 Black Edition and X3 710

Status
Not open for further replies.
*www.cclonline.com/product-categories.asp?category_id=952

:D

Check out the link. AWESOME NEWS.

Best part is current AM2 users can buy one and wait till AM3 mobos stabilise in price and become truely VFM.

The X3 720 looks like the prize. Very reasonably priced and designed for overclocking.

PS: THIS is the REAL news, not Core i7 920 D0 ;)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: AMD Launches first AM3 DDR3 CPUs - Phenom II X4 810, X3 720 Black Edition and X3

where the hell are the reviews!!!!

I want them right now :)

Re: AMD Launches first AM3 DDR3 CPUs - Phenom II X4 810, X3 720 Black Edition and X3

^^Dunno much about reviews, but expect 720 to overclock VERY well, better than both 940BE and Core i7 950. Because its a triple core and lesser no. of cores means better overclock.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

But is it a quad core with one core disabled or a true triple core procc?

^^WTF ?

A TRUE triple core is a CPU with 3 working cores.

A NATIVE triple core is a CPU with 3 working cores on the same die.

Whether this is a Phenom II X4 with a missing core or not, it fills both above qualifications. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with it being a recycled Phenom II X4. It only helps AMD save money, us get reduced price benefit and environment suffering less damage due to wastage. Performance is not at all hit.

amitash

Intel OCer

But is it a quad core with one core disabled or a true triple core procc?

LOL.... I dont expect to see more than 10% increase in performance but that ought to be enough to beat intels core 2 quads....Intel need to hury with core i5 if they dont want their market share stolen

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

*www.cclonline.com/product-categories.asp?category_id=952

:D

Check out the link. AWESOME NEWS.

Best part is current AM2 users can buy one and wait till AM3 mobos stabilise in price and become truely VFM.

The X3 720 looks like the prize. Very reasonably priced and designed for overclocking.

Thats really a great news.

Anybody got news from Indian retailers about this ?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^WTF ?

A TRUE triple core is a CPU with 3 working cores.

A NATIVE triple core is a CPU with 3 working cores on the same die.

Whether this is a Phenom II X4 with a missing core or not, it fills both above qualifications. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with it being a recycled Phenom II X4. It only helps AMD save money, us get reduced price benefit and environment suffering less damage due to wastage. Performance is not at all hit.
Hey, I wasn't giving a statement, see the question mark,I was asking!

amitash

Intel OCer

I knew you were asking...it was just a stupid question

^^No probs.

BTW, any idea bout AMD;s craziness ? Wasn't XY5 supposed to stand for a AM3/DDR3 CPU and XY0 supposed to stand for a AM2+/DDR2 CPU ? Why the fsck are 720, 810 and 910 DDR3 then ?

x3060

A LOTR fan

any idea about performance ...am in x2 3600 oc to 2.5g .
was thinking about changing , so i guess wait till it stabilize is it???
hope its cheap too

Dude, first wait till they hit INDIA.

But don't jump to new AM3 mobos till their prices REALLY come down along with DDR3 prices.
The manufacturing tech is undergoing a major overhaul according to an article in overclock.net and many like samsung are switching to 40nm process to make RAM faster, cooler, more OCable and CHEAPER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom