AMD Heat sink fan problem.

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys 2-3 days before i bought the system which is in my siggy.the fan on the heat sink runs at a speed of 5000-6000RPM @ temperature 45C when i will be there in BIOS.i have chosen PWM as the smart fan control option.because of such a high RPM it makes a whole lot of nice,i feel like i am under a truck engine.:evil:.Is ther any way to reduce its speed?
BTW will the TIM takes some time to get settled after installation?as i am seeing some temperature drop of 3-4C from yesterday to today night.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
i will try speedfan tomorow.my mobo has got three smart fan control option,
1]Auto
2]Voltage
3]PWM
when i set to auto it mostly runs above 5000RPM,if i set to voltage it runs at 6050RPM whole day,if i set it to PWM it varies according to temp from 3500-5000RPM.
Thank you.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the fan is sniping high because of overheating - this is posted by the OP himself
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/145492-processor-over-heating-problem.html
So if reinstalling the stock HSF with good TiM does not solve this he better get a TX3.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^Exactly.. this was one of the reasons why I ditched Phenom II's stock HSF & went for Cooler Master TX3... Get it bro, it's worth every penny..

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys look like i found the solution:p.i decreased the V core from 1.4 to 1.25 and the temp decreased to 62 after 15 min of prime 95 test.i will see if i still can lower the v core and get a stable system.for now it is stable.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
guys look like i found the solution:p.i decreased the V core from 1.4 to 1.25 and the temp decreased to 62 after 15 min of prime 95 test.i will see if i still can lower the v core and get a stable system.for now it is stable.
that is just a temporary solution will not lowering the default vcore affect performance/stability on full load as others suggested get a TX3

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
What's the TDP rating of your processor? And, what's the idle temperature now? Please post the exact results.. A CPU-Z screenshot along with SpeedFan would help..

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
There is very little you can do in this case. Apart from maintaining proper ventilation , you need to invest in after market CPU cooler, if that noise is bothering you and if you CPU is overheating. The stock HSF for this CPU and x6 , suck!!

and yea, please change that frontech PSU :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
First of all, the TDP is 125 W.. secondly, you've overclocked it to 3.4 GHz, last but not the least it's running at full speed.. The temperature of 42 D is normal.. you should select balanced mode in the power profiles. It should underclock the processor when not in use, just make sure the minimum processor usage state is 5% (it is in most of the cases)

I had a Phenom II 720 BE & it reached 42 even here in Himachal when I overclocked it, when I used to run 3D mark and other benchmarks, it used to touch 70 Degrees.. So, it is normal.. If you're very concerned about the temperature, then you should get a Cooler Master Hyper TX3..

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@ op i am also having the same proccy like u with stock cooler but not OCed. I ran P95 one day to see the temp reading. it ran for two hrs.(see the start time & system time).

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^can you tell me your temp as it is not clear.
here is the pic after running prime95 for 1 hour.now it idles @ 38C after i changed its power profile.btw if it tends to heat that much then why don't they provide better cooler.and also their optimum temp is less than all other proccys.

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@Op 38 C is good.. besides, where do you live, what is the room temperature & which case are you using?

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
i live in udupi, Karnataka.room temp may be around 25-28C.the case is a crappy frontech one.i played assassins creed for about 2hr and the max temp was 55C.2cores loaded full and other two @ 75%.thank you.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
^^can you tell me your temp as it is not clear.
here is the pic after running prime95 for 1 hour.now it idles @ 38C after i changed its power profile.btw if it tends to heat that much then why don't they provide better cooler.and also their optimum temp is less than all other proccys.

CPU 52
MOBO 43
HDD 40
CORE 56

CPU FAN 6308
REAR EXHAUST 1891
SIDE INTAKE 1214

VCORE1 0.00V
VCORE2 1.62V
+3.3 1.15V
+5V 5.08V
+12V 16.32V

To what power profile you have changed it?

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
VCORE2 1.62V
:shock:do you want to kill your processor?
i just dragged the speed setting slide in cpu overdrive.now its set at min-800MHz and max-3400MHz.and i guess the value at your +12V rail is way too high.

Top Bottom