AMD Gaming Rig around 45k

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Seems like EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked is apt for my needs and fits in my budget. But how about the warranty and stuff? Does anybody here own an EVGA?:confused:

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Few queries:-

*Any clue if nVidia Kepler series cards will be available in 15k price range?

*Can't find any local dealer selling nzxt cabinets. Is CM 311 plus a good alternative? It has provision for cable management I guess.

*Will there be a performance difference between i5 2400 & i5 2500?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Kepler has to come out first :p Yes, it will definitely have a card within that range, but you have to wait a couple of months. If nVidia follow AMD's approach and release their uber cards first and the others in the later months, then you definitely have to wait a couple of months!

The performance difference between the 2 is just the clock speed. Otherwise, they are architecturally similar and both are enough for gaming purposes! If you happen to be an enthusiast or intend to become one, the locked multiplier and inability to OC the processor might vex you... Else, its a great proccy

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Okay then, I've decided all the components except the GPU.

Component Model Price
Processor Intel Core i5-2500 11960
Motherboard Intel DH67CL 5460
RAM 2xG.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB 2400
Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 311 2100
Power Supply Corsair GS600 4270
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1130
KB+Mouse Logitech MK200 710
Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 2210
UPS Numeric 600 VA 1800

Total around 32k leaving approx 13k for the GPU. Keeping my fingers crossed for a fall in prices by Q2. And waiting for KEPLER:cool:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. Wait up. Kepler should come soon. But yes the 6950 2 gb mentioned by Jaskanwar is properly future proof and will be card to get if you decide against waiting :wink:

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
I've been reading a lot about cabinets these days and have decided to go with a NZXT one. Can someone suggest the best one here? (Suggestion from owners shall be highly appreciated lolz)

1.Gamma (Great reviews)
2.Beta Evo (Love its looks, not much reviews)
3.Source 210 Elite (Again, great reviews)

And also suggest me the best online shop to buy it. No local dealers for NZXT!!!

Souro_Ray

In the zone
In my opinion, the difference in stock speeds of the i5-2400 and the i5-2500 will matter little in gaming. I think it would be better to go with the i5-2400 and save a bit there. But thats purely my opinion

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
In my opinion, the difference in stock speeds of the i5-2400 and the i5-2500 will matter little in gaming. I think it would be better to go with the i5-2400 and save a bit there. But thats purely my opinion

A'ight mate. How about the cabinet thing? got any opinion?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
If you can get CoolerMaster Elite 430, its a great VFM cabinet. If you have some budge to spare, you can try for the Corsair Carbide 400R. It too is a solid case

I am a Corsair fan boy by the way, say what you want :p

But no matter, the 400R is a great cabinet

Cilus

laborare est orare
Regarding i5 2400 and i5 2500, my vote goes to 2500 as Non-K series can't be overclocked. Also sandybridge processors respond very well even with slight clock speed increase.

For Cabinet, get NZXT Source 201 Elite at 2.4K.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ for now its enough but as you can't increase clock, so getting the fastest "non-K" processor is the safer bet.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Chances are high that I can extend my budget to around 50k. So I'm planning a configuration (maybe the cheapest) with i5 2500k. Here it is

Component Make Price
Processor Intel 3.3 GHz Core i5-2500k 12830
Motherboard Biostar TZ68K+ 7430
Graphic Card MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC 15800
RAM G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB 1610
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 3250
Power Supply Corsair GS600 4270
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1130
Keyboard+Mouse Logitech MK200 710
Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 2210
UPS Numeric UPS 600 VA 1800
TOTAL 51040

1.Any suggestions to decrease price/better parts at same price range?

2.To limit it to 50k I'm planning to go for a CM Elite 311 (Cable management, black interior and comes with two fans @ Rs.2100). Will that be a good substitute to Gamma?

3.I've chosen the cheapest Z68 MB available. Could someone comment on the build quality of Biostar boards?

4.What about the GPU? Good deal? I personally prefer nVidia that's why I stood away from 6950

5.Again, my maximum resolution is 1600x900. Is this configuration going to be an overkill/waste of money for gaming at this resolution that I must stick ti the 45k configuration? BTW no plan to upgrade the monitor in near future.

(Whoa!!! The more I read about stuff the bigger is this thread getting. Hope this is not getting tiresome for you amigos:pray:)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there are various review links according to which biostar TZ68K+ is a very good quality mobo.i am not a gamer so no preference but as i understand it if you are planning to use the same monitor for at least 2-3 years then it would be a waste to upgrade your gpu too for the same duration.this means it would be best to buy the fastest gpu possible right now that fits your budget.

dfcols71

In the zone
Processor Intel 3.3 GHz Core i5-2500k 12830 buy this Theitdepot - Intel Core I5-2500K 6MB 3.30GHz Processor rs12768
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 3250 buy this rs 2536 Theitdepot - NZXT Source 210 Elite Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Disaster!!! Had to use 6k from my overall budget for some unavoidable matter. So that leaves me 44k maximum to build the rig. So the current suggestions are almost irrelevant I guess. Maybe I'll start a new thread later this month. Thanks to all those who replied and helped.

Top Bottom