AMD Gaming Rig around 45k

Souro_Ray

In the zone
The point in buying a Black Edition part is to overclock and gain additional performance bonuses. Its like buying biriyani and just keeping it in a showcase and not eating it.. at all.. somewhat.. :p

anyway, that Asus board should be good for mild overclocks. And i'll say again, try to extend your budget a bit and go for an HD6870. You dont buy processors, motherboards and graphics cards everyday.. so make this purchase count :)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Asus M5A97 has 4+2 phase heatsinked VRMs.

For overclocking Phenom II X6, we usually recommend 6+2 or 8+2 phase VRMs. Asus M5A97 Pro has 6+2 phase VRMs.

Now, you should be fine overclocking X6 with M5A97 even with 4+2 phase as well because Asus is NOT known to include poor quality VRMs and the fact that VRMs are heatsinked. Just make sure that you are not running after records. For mild OCs with X6, even M5A97 is fine. But spending a little more for M5A97 Pro is what everyone will recommend you.

S_V

In the zone
@RIGOD

Recently I have done lots of Testing Between these processors for HWBOT submission. I can dare say.... AMD 1090T is really Wrong choice. If you can extend your Budget or can wait till you extend Budget, I strongly suggest you to go for i5 2400 for better gaming and application use. Even with mild OC 1090T can't cope or catch up with stock i5 2400. Forget OC'ing 1090T or any other heavily will only decrease it's life span and not recommend for Normal user. I am not just talking based on Internet Results , this is coming from the one who worked extensively with these two Processors for last 6 months. Even with 6 Cores 1090T struggled to Run VmWares and the same VM configurations ran quite well with i5 2400 4 cores.

AMD X6 1090T vs i5 2400 is another example from Internet Results.

Last edited:
OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
For the sake of effective discussion let me split my buy into two.

1.Fixed part (Everything except CPU+GPU+MB) ~ Rs.16400

2.Variable part (CPU+GPU+MB+Cooler) = 45k-16.4k ~ 28.6k

So that's it. Suggest me the best AMD CPU+GPU+MB+Cooler.

According to ico

1090T + Asus M5A97-PRO + HD6850 + Cooler ~ 29.3k

Another option

970BE + Asus M5A97+ HD6870 + Cooler ~ 27.6k

Which one? Any better suggestions?

Once more, my resolution is 1600x900. I just need a config for games to run fine in that.

@RIGOD

Recently I have done lots of Testing Between these processors for HWBOT submission. I can dare say.... AMD 1090T is really Wrong choice. If you can extend your Budget or can wait till you extend Budget, I strongly suggest you to go for i5 2400 for better gaming and application use. Even with mild OC 1090T can't cope or catch up with stock i5 2400. Forget OC'ing 1090T or any other heavily will only decrease it's life span and not recommend for Normal user. I am not just talking based on Internet Results , this is coming from the one who worked extensively with these two Processors for last 6 months. Even with 6 Cores 1090T struggled to Run VmWares and the same VM configurations ran quite well with i5 2400 4 cores.

AMD X6 1090T vs i5 2400 is another example from Internet Results.

Its a fact that everyone in this forum knows dude. Still I'm going for AMD. Suicidal? Waste of money? Whatever. Help me with this if you can. Please stop suggesting Intel.

S_V

In the zone
well if you set your mind.. I have no Problem mate. :)

Still... I would recommend you to go for this

* Prices according to Primeabgb and I am sure you get this same config for couple of Hundred Less in your Local shops..

Intel i5 2400 (10,700) + Intel DH67BL 4 Dimms (5,800)+ HD 6850 1GB(10,000) + CPU Cooler (2000) = 28,500/-

You can Remove CPU cooler(you don't need here) and go for HD 6870 and for same Price and you are getting Awesome Performance compared to that AMD combination....

Now Choice is yours......

EDIT: Just now saw your last Post.... I am out from this Thread... All the Best mate :)

Souro_Ray

In the zone
i gotta hand it to you mate! with your budget, anyone would go for intel, but you're vehemently sticking to AMD. Forum member CILUS has the same processor. you can PM him if you wanna know more about the cpu.

Also, the motherboard will allow for a Piledriver upgrade, if the series doesnt get off to a bad start like Bulldozer did.

Anyway. Congrats for your new rig-to-be ;)

Amithansda

Journeyman
I got core i5 2400,it is awesome indeed \m/
I got Sapphire 6870HD regular edition NoN-OC'ed... Not awesome but great card... 6900series is awesome.

Mr.V

Journeyman
How about the FX series? The apps he uses need higher cores! :)
I myself use Autodesk 3DS MAX 2012 PRO and CS5.5 Master collection.
8 cores are just AWESOME and it helps in rendering graphics and videos really fast!

Processor around 11k and mobo around 6 = great comp
pair a fx + HD 6xxx + 900 series mobo = great performance.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
How about the FX series? The apps he uses need higher cores! :)
I myself use Autodesk 3DS MAX 2012 PRO and CS5.5 Master collection.
8 cores are just AWESOME and it helps in rendering graphics and videos really fast!

Processor around 11k and mobo around 6 = great comp
pair a fx + HD 6xxx + 900 series mobo = great performance.

Thanks for the advice mate. I'll look into it for sure.

970BE vs 1090T

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Not much difference nah? So how about this one

AMD Phenom II 970 ~ 7600
Asus M5A97 ~ 6400
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 ~ 10000
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ~ 2200

That comes to a total of 26.2k. Good enough for casual gaming @ 1600x900?

dibya_kol

In the zone
Thanks for the advice mate. I'll look into it for sure.

970BE vs 1090T

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Not much difference nah? So how about this one

AMD Phenom II 970 ~ 7600
Asus M5A97 ~ 6400
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 ~ 10000
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ~ 2200

That comes to a total of 26.2k. Good enough for casual gaming @ 1600x900?

Nice choice .. U can drop cpu cooler and invest it on ram or better cpu .. Stock cooler is good enough, if u nt oc it right now ..

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
I'm already planning to get 2 x 4GB G.Skill RipjawsX. Thanks for the suggestion dibya. But where are the others gone? Come on guys, say something about my latest idea:hissyfit:

Hours have passed since the last post (and even that was by me). Seems like everyone's done with this thread:deadbored:

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Relax bro. Its the weekdays.. Replies will be slow on these days

If you're going for multi-threaded apps, then the 1090T is the better option. And its Black Edition, so easy overclocking! The 970BE is a quad core part and based on the same design as the previous black edition quad cores from the Phenom II X4 line.

If you decide to go for any Black Edition part now, go for an aftermarket cooler. Summer's nearly here, and Phenoms get quite hot, even though the current copper heatpipe stock coolers are better than the aluminium block coolers of the past.

The RAM market is quite stagnant now because of the Hard drive market mainly. So RAM prices wont go up any time soon. So you can buy RAM later as well. But its your choice in the end.

In a nutshell, go for the six core Phenom :)

Mr.V

Journeyman
But isnt the phenom series discontinued?
will make a problem for warranty and support --'

You can also consider the fx6100 with 880gm or the fx8120
Its best for your needs

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
FX 6100 is way costlier mate. If FX series is good enough I'll go with FX 4100. Waiting for expert opinions here.:cool:

Souro_Ray

In the zone
FX4100 isnt worth it. It isnt even a true quad core design. It comprises 2 Bulldozer modules, each of which can process 2 threads. In essence, its closer to the i3-2100 in terms of concept ( 2 cores, 4 threads). The bulldozer architecture isnt properly supported by Windows 7 yet, that and poor single core performance adds to a less than pleasing performance for the cost

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
FX4100 isnt worth it. It isnt even a true quad core design. It comprises 2 Bulldozer modules, each of which can process 2 threads. In essence, its closer to the i3-2100 in terms of concept ( 2 cores, 4 threads). The bulldozer architecture isnt properly supported by Windows 7 yet, that and poor single core performance adds to a less than pleasing performance for the cost

Appreciate the helpful input mate. Sticking to the phenom 970BE right now.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
I'm using the Phenom II 955 Black Edition now and have been using it for a year now. No hitches of any sort. Its a tried and tested piece of kit, but it does get hot, especially during the summer times. So go with the Hyper 212 Evo as well. Get AMD Overdrive software; its a very good tool for overclocking your proccy. No need to go into the bios :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't go for cooler if you are not going to overclock. use the PC for a month. if you are unlucky to receive a noisy cooler, then order a new cooler.

Top Bottom