amd fx 8350 disscussion

niz04

Journeyman
does amd fx 8350 released in india if it is released what is the price in kolkata . i see in some places 8350 comes with water cooling inside the box does it cost little more than a normal heatsink inside the box and one think does 8350 is good for gaming and multitasking at this price:-D:cool:

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
You ll be better off with an i5 3570k or a i5 2500k for gaming.
If you do intensive "multi-tasking", than probably the FX 8150 or the FX 8350 would suit u better.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
FX 8350 should be available starting form December and the pre-order price of 14-15k is way too much for the kind of performance it offers ( except some mult tasking apps ) - Intel core i5 2500k/3570k is a much better all around performer with similar price tag.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
PrimeABGB has listed the CPu at 12.5k. Confirm whether it is actually available.

OP
N

niz04

Journeyman
what is the cost difference of 3570k and 8350 ... i do multitasking and gaming and suggest a best gpu under 12 k

sukesh1090

Adam young
Actually the price for 8350 is around 10k and at that price it is a steal but in india it costs around 13k which is more than i5 2500k and also takes that VFM title back from it.so if you can get this processor around 10k then buy it put the extra money on gfx card but if you are getting it at 12-13k then go for i5.

Thetrueblueviking

10k ?
I am not sure about that.
In US, on a handful of sites, the cost is 200$ with sale = 11k.
Average price ~215$. On newegg price is 220$.

The 3570k or the 2500k also come for ~ 220$.
So even outside India, the 3570k and 2500k are better buys for gamers.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
PrimeABGB has listed the CPu at 12.5k. Confirm whether it is actually available.

@12.5K it is a better choice than 2500K because of performance, and better choice then 3570K because of ultra-high price of 3570K

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for gaming core i5 3570K FTW ! but Op needs multitasking and gaming both and he is also opting for a 12k GPU.

@ OP - add 1.-1.5k to your GPU budget and get a HD7850 2GB.

OP
N

niz04

Journeyman
can i get any best gpu under 13k ... and i am little bit confuse which processor to buy i am going to play game at 1600x900 in ultra setting and multitask something like browsing internet while gaming and hearing music please suggest best cpu ...... and what 3570k cost locally in kolkata .... i hear that amd 8350 comes with a liquid cooler

whcih should be more future proof because i think i cant upgrade my pc for 7 to 8 yrs. i known no cpu can be that much future proof this much please suggest best one.. i think 8350 will more future proof

Thetrueblueviking

What u mentioned is not serious multi tasking. You don't need a 8 core processor just for listening to songs alongside browsing the net(given u are not browsing 10s of tabs) and gaming. The 3570k can very well handle that.

7-8 years is way too long.
Go for the 3570k as it out performs the 8350 in your area of needs. Add a Z77 mobo and at a later stage OC it to ~4.5 ghz. Add a GTX 660 or a 7850 to it. This config should last u atleast a good 3 years.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
But what if ones primary concern is gaming ?
Still you d opt for 8350 ?

Yes. No game can utilize more than 4 cores, and as far as I know, it won't require more than 4 core in next few years. Actually they don't need to.
8150/8350 over 2500K/3570K because of Indian price.

for gaming core i5 3570K FTW !

Ok, so you suggest everyone to spend 2K more only to get 2-3 more fps in some of the (say, all) games?
Bad idea. Those extra 2K could be spend on better GPU which will matter most in the end in case of gaming.

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Dont start comparing the prices right now
All prices listed on primeabg and bitfang are preorder prices
Piledriver processors should arrive in Christmas time
And prices should stabilize in January so right now 3570(non k) should be good enough

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. No game can utilize more than 4 cores, and as far as I know, it won't require more than 4 core in next few years. Actually they don't need to.
8150/8350 over 2500K/3570K because of Indian price.

Ok, so you suggest everyone to spend 2K more only to get 2-3 more fps in some of the (say, all) games?
Bad idea. Those extra 2K could be spend on better GPU which will matter most in the end in case of gaming.

no - I'm not suggesting everyone to get a core i 3570K cpu for their gaming rig but the fact is most of the gamers, system builders, enthusiasts are using either core i5 3570k or i7 3770k on the gaming rigs ( even you are using a SB/IB chip ) and they are not very wrong - for the people who want top notch gaming performance should stick with Intel, there should not be any kind of spending one components saved money on some other type attitude - I'm talking about the very best performer here ( that's why the FTW! word ) not some VFM thing - if one can afford just go for it.

Top Bottom