Almost anyone can fake your facebook death

Vignesh B

Youngling
How Almost Anyone Can Take You Off Facebook
Facebook has offered "memorialization" for accounts of deceased people for a while, but it seems that the bar has been lowered for how they verify the person in question is actually expired. Ideally, how it works is a friend or relative of a deceased person fills out a form from the Facebook Help section that gives the name, email, and account name of the deceased person. It also asks if you're a friend, immediate family member, or other.

Lastly, it asks for proof that your friend is dead, but it will accept a link to an online obituary as sufficient proof. If your friend has a common enough name, just Google their name + "obituary" and you'll probably find a match.

Once memorialized, your buddy will be locked out of his or her account. R.I.P.!

Source

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow. That is "Awesome".
Now, we just need a script to kill everyone's who's on FB! :lol:

newway01

Journeyman
Now this is stupid. What if any of my friend tries to play an April fool prank by "memorializing" my account?? And does facebook provides an option to unlock the account if we "resurrect" from death?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
First Facebook has privacy issues. Almost nothing remains hidden from Facebook. And now this....

I Feel the happiest person on earth who now realizes what a precious decision i took not ever registering on Facebook .

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
^ Whatever you say, your avatar fits perfectly to it! :mrgreen:

offtopic :: Thank you Gearbox !!

Actually i have limited bandwidth user . whenever i want to open facebook i lost 30 to 40mb bandwidth , i lost time also , Finally i decided to joined here !! Here i gain lots of Knowledge about computer, computer related problem . etc.

saswat23

Human Spambot
offtopic :: Thank you Gearbox !!

Actually i have limited bandwidth user . whenever i want to open facebook i lost 30 to 40mb bandwidth , i lost time also , Finally i decided to joined here !! Here i gain lots of Knowledge about computer, computer related problem . etc.
You from Odisha?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
First Facebook has privacy issues. Almost nothing remains hidden from Facebook. And now this....

I Feel the happiest person on earth who now realizes what a precious decision i took not ever registering on Facebook .

+1

Although i registered to check it out, when it was cool(around 2006, i guess, FB was good) and later realized it is waste of time and more of a games/dating/useless-post/photo-sharing/stalking site, so i deleted my account by 2007.

Now, with this, FB is even horrible. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom