All webhosting and domain related queries here.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Had nothing to do so landed on bigrock.in and saw that all the plans listed here have phpBB app. So does this mean that I can get a domain name & hosting and then enable phpBB to make my own forums? :???:

Has anyone here used bigrock? :unsure:

enjoy

Journeyman
Which is a good windows web-hosting service provider ?
I am planning to move from my current service provider, Is there something I should be careful about ?

ajith025

Broken In
Had nothing to do so landed on bigrock.in and saw that all the plans listed here have phpBB app. So does this mean that I can get a domain name & hosting and then enable phpBB to make my own forums? :???:

Has anyone here used bigrock? :unsure:

I dont know about bigrock. if you host with softronicz.com you can eaisly setup your forum and many more like joomla, drupal, etc using quick install software, Site Software, Fantastico De Luxe.

Forum Softwares..

Quick Install

1. Advanced Electron Forum
  2. bbPress
  3. MyBB
  4. phpBB
  5. punBB
  6. Simple Machines Forum

Site Software
  1. Bulletin Boards
  2. Chat
  3. Ecommerce

Fantastico De Luxe
  1. Simple Machines Forum
  2. phpBB

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Many hosting providers provide fantastico these days. It's not something great in any case. you can upload any script in zip file and extract it using file manager from cPanel.

BTW, if anyone want free hosting just for parking domain or trying out their site, HostZilla is good. provides 100MB. Only drawback, you cannot install your own scripts, just from fantastico

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
Re: Hosting A site

I would suggest x10hosting.com if you're in for Free Hosting.

The Conqueror as suggested this hosting provider i already using :wink: , but i have to ask one query as

If i m using free web-space of given provider (x10hosting) and if i buy top level domain in future say example.com then my question is My Domain should use web space of free web space provider like-------->

Front End-Web address--www.example.com--------->which
Back End--Web Space--free web space provider(x10hosting)---> then what to do? which setting to do with Domain Provider and with Web space provider with cpanel ? :!:

I m beginner in this field so please help me!:-?

mohityadavx

Youngling
That's just a PR stunt. They still support SOPA.

but namecheap is charging almost double that of godaddy at the instant and how can u be so sure that they are not supporting anymore after all no company would like to loose its customer base and what would godaddy gain with supporting SOPA now that they realize its killing their business?

sygeek

Technomancer
but namecheap is charging almost double that of godaddy at the instant and how can u be so sure that they are not supporting anymore after all no company would like to loose its customer base and what would godaddy gain with supporting SOPA now that they realize its killing their business?
Well, SOPA exempts GoDaddy domains and GoDaddy is known for it's asshattery in the past. They still haven't officially denied their support for SOPA.

clmlbx

Technomancer
hey guys pls recommend where to purchase domain and some good hosting.

Requirements:-
domain:.com
disk space : 100MB will be enough
bandwidth: 1GB will be enough for now
most importantly I need unlimited domain support or at least 5-10 domains

My site will have this type of files other then most common(html,css,java script)
php
mysql
and some blogging(I don't know which so if you can then pls recommend this too)

so this is very basic so all host will provide but better to mention.

clmlbx

Technomancer
common guys no replies.

I would like to update my requirement from 100mb space to minimum 500mb space

Anish

Spectre
Hi friends, planning to buy a domain and hosting space.
I centered upon these:
domain: bigrock (a .com for 10 years @ 4890INR)
hosting: outpowerhosting (not yet planned may be the beginner plan)

Is it worth spending the above money?

Please throw in some valuable suggestions

PS: My english is bad.

Top Bottom