All webhosting and domain related queries here.

mrintech

Technomancer
Re: Hosting A site

Hello

First a .co.cc or .uni.cc is NOT a domain, it's a Subdomain, where anyone don't possess full control on the domain name! And there are some Indexing and Ranking Problems in Google too: Domain name .co.cc - Please Help - Crawling, indexing, and ranking | Google Groups

I will recommend you to get a .com domain from Namecheap or some other good registrar. Remember if you go for .co.in or .in domain, the site will get higher priority in Google.co.in Only, not on other Google TLds, unless the content is super unique and highly SEO

Also you can get 1 Year Hosting from Hawkhost for around 900 bucks a year - PM me for discount code (Don't worry it will be not a affiliate link, just an official discount code)

Hope this helps :)

ajith025

Broken In
help in Hosting - domain - reseller

hi.. i am from Trivandrum Kerala, India...

i would like to start a web designing company.. before that i would like to start web hosting and domain registration as reseller...

i am in the system administration field... i have searched digit forum itself regarding this... i found many replies... but i don't know which one to select... from where can i get reliable hosting ( which doesn't have downtime and very good customer support) and domain registration, both at a reasonable pricing..

mrintech

Technomancer
Re: help in Hosting - domain - reseller

* Reseller Hosting Plans - Web Hosting Packages with cPanel and WHM
* Reseller Hosting Plans - Web Hosting Packages with cPanel and WHM - Servers will be in India :)
* SoftLayer® Technologies - Reseller

Best forum to talk about Reseller Webhosting is: Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet - You will get better information there as per you requirement and it's the biggest forum in the world for all Domain and Webhosting/Reseller related things :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have merged a few webhosting/domain related threads due to repetitive discussions.

This thread has been stuck on top.

ajith025

Broken In
Hi... i need ur advice/comments on hostdime

hope its better... ? they hav office in trivandrum...
i can look forward to buy a reseller account from them...

hostdime or hostgator?

mrintech

Technomancer
Hi... i need ur advice/comments on hostdime

hope its better... ? they hav office in trivandrum...
i can look forward to buy a reseller account from them...

hostdime or hostgator?

Hi

Since prices for both are same, I will recommend you to go for HostGator.com - No Doubt they are the leader in Webhosting :)

Also, here's 25% OFF coupon code for you: HGFLAT25OFF - This will give you flat 25% OFF on your first Invoice.

If you order Reseller Hosting for 6 Months, it will cost you around $112

ajith025

Broken In
Thank U so much Mrintech... i hav fixed hostgator as webhost... but their domain registration is too costly.. i think... ? any other suggestion for domain reseller?is it ok to register domain from one and get space from hostgator or is it better to get domain and space from one provider???

Hi

Since prices for both are same, I will recommend you to go for HostGator.com - No Doubt they are the leader in Webhosting :)

Also, here's 25% OFF coupon code for you: HGFLAT25OFF - This will give you flat 25% OFF on your first Invoice.

If you order Reseller Hosting for 6 Months, it will cost you around $112

mrintech

Technomancer
As a Webhost, HostGator is Top Notch

Regarding domain name provider, I use Namecheap and they are awesome. The things is, both Namecheap and HostGator uses: eNom - domain name, web site hosting, email, registration , and the price difference is quite high

I specifically don't know How DOMAIN System works for RESELLERs?, so I will suggest you to ask your query over Webhostingtalk Forum

ajith025

Broken In
thank u mrintech...

i am going with hostgator... today they offer 40% discount... and for domain as i see ur post earlier i think it will be better to hav it from namecheap :)

mrintech

Technomancer
:)

Make sure you get the discount coupon of Namecheap from their official facebook page everytime you want to register a domain name

For july 2011, the code is here: Our July coupon for... | Facebook :)

ajith025

Broken In
thank you mrintech,,, some of my customers asking for .in so i think it is better to get a domain reseller from reseller club..... any opinion.. ?

mrintech

Technomancer
*india.resellerclub.com/

Yup! Go with it. They are the leaders under: Public Domain Registry | Home :)

Namecheap don't offers .in domains

Also, get your Domain WHOIS Guard Protected, as I can see your complete address and contact related information :p - Not good :)

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Well, I want to sell one of my domain.

ijustgot.in (I Just Got IN ;) )

How much can I expect for this?

amritpal2489

In the zone
Any cheap webhosting co which provides or free domain or some cheapest domain registry co. ??
I dont want to build and run my site at the moment.. just want to reserve a domain...
Any idea guys???

sunzeal

Broken In
@amrit : the cheapest would be .in, but its only for the first year, from second year its more expensive than .com domain :)

If you are looking to buy a domain, you can wait for Namecheap, because it will be soon providing domains for ~1.99$ once it get certain amount of likes.

So wait for sometime, and you can get a cheap domain soon :)

mrintech

Technomancer
Wait for this offer to open: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/146865-offer-register-com-net-org-domain-name-1-99-a.html

Else, hosting companies like Dreamhost/Bluehost provides free domain name provided that you have bought hosting plan from them

Top Bottom