** All USB EVDO/HSDPA (3.5G) data cards or modems queries here **

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I am using Tata Photon+ Data Card. though the speeds are good , but I am getting less ping in online games even in Dota 2.

Is there any way to improve the pings?

setanjan123

In the zone
Hello guys i got a reliance netconnect 3g modem(unlocked) today. used aircel sim with 16 rs recharge. Now my question is does 3g consume more data than 2g? the 100mb finished a bit too quickly it seemed. I browsed mostly. once downloaded a 3mb song. then firefox 12 19.6 mb. anything else i dunno but still it seemed to finish too quickly. second question is under EDGE does a USB modem provide better speed than mobile phone as modem or is it the same. so should i return the modem becoz all i want to do is online mock tests, fb and digit. no heavy downloads. not this year. please advice.

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
go for standalone 3G stick and airtel OR Vodafone connection and activate 3G on it....!! much better than tata photon+, also they have wider coverage...!

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Guys monthly I use upto 3 GB data & using 3G seems a costly thing to me now if I switch to something like Tata photon+/Reliance netconnect+ etc.. will there be any profit??

will the speeds be satisfactory?? Or should I continue Vodafone/Airtel 3G?? currently I'm staying in Delhi

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Chaitanya Photon is lot cheaper than 3G. From what I have heard the connectivity is good in New Delhi. So you should try that out by visiting their outlets.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
@Chaitanya Photon is lot cheaper than 3G. From what I have heard the connectivity is good in New Delhi. So you should try that out by visiting their outlets.

Hmmm...
Speeds?? have seen mixed reviews many saying poor speeds & many saying the opposite:chinscratch:

Hi friends. I recently purchased this usb modem huawei e303c. It's giving me goosebumps since then. I have this g6-2005ax lappy which has 2 usb 3.0 ports and one usb 2.0 port. Now here is the problem. When I plug the modem in one of the usb 3.0 ports it gets detected fine and the mobile partner automatically comes up. But it never gets connected. After clicking the connect button either it gives the error message connection terminated or simply hangs for a while and nothing happens. I tried using extra initialisation command in modem properties. Didn't work. Now when I connect the modem in usb 2.0 port two things happen-

1) Sometimes the modem gets on a automatic connection/disconnection loop. I can say this because of the sounds of usb pen drive connected and disconnected keeps on popping every five seconds. Also the safely remove hardware icon at the right side of taskbar keeps on appearing/disappearing every five seconds.

2) Mostly the modem gets connected fine and I can surf the internet fine. But a message pops up after connecting the modem that this usb device can perforrm faster. Plug it in a usb 2.0 port. For a list of available ports please click here. I don't know why this message pops up as I've already connected the modem in a usb 2.0 port. Also if I use a 3g connection, will it be affected???? The max speed is 7.2 mbps. Please help.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys monthly I use upto 3 GB data & using 3G seems a costly thing to me now if I switch to something like Tata photon+/Reliance netconnect+ etc.. will there be any profit??

will the speeds be satisfactory?? Or should I continue Vodafone/Airtel 3G?? currently I'm staying in Delhi
I can't say about Reliance Netconnect+, but, Tata Photon+ won't be able to match the speeds of any 3G connection. Though it is fast, but, still not fast enough to be compared with 3G. Moreover, I don't think there'll be any serious profit from switching to any of these. The Tata Photon+ offers a 3GB plan in Rs. 650, while in that much amount, you can get a 3GB 3G plan. The other Tata Photon Plans are almost in tandem with the 3G plans offered by Airtel/Vodafone, so, I won't recommend switching over to Reliance/Tata.

shreymittal

Being Human
@chaitanya Continue with airtel/vodafone or you can consider idea too but i would not recommend you tata photon because it literally sucks

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Hi friends. I recently purchased this usb modem huawei e303c. It's giving me goosebumps since then. I have this g6-2005ax lappy which has 2 usb 3.0 ports and one usb 2.0 port. Now here is the problem. When I plug the modem in one of the usb 3.0 ports it gets detected fine and the mobile partner automatically comes up. But it never gets connected. After clicking the connect button either it gives the error message connection terminated or simply hangs for a while and nothing happens. I tried using extra initialisation command in modem properties. Didn't work. Now when I connect the modem in usb 2.0 port two things happen-

1) Sometimes the modem gets on a automatic connection/disconnection loop. I can say this because of the sounds of usb pen drive connected and disconnected keeps on popping every five seconds. Also the safely remove hardware icon at the right side of taskbar keeps on appearing/disappearing every five seconds.

2) Mostly the modem gets connected fine and I can surf the internet fine. But a message pops up after connecting the modem that this usb device can perforrm faster. Plug it in a usb 2.0 port. For a list of available ports please click here. I don't know why this message pops up as I've already connected the modem in a usb 2.0 port. Also if I use a 3g connection, will it be affected???? The max speed is 7.2 mbps. Please help.

Me too has same lappy same data card & same problem....
Never observed any problem of slow USB conn. on 3g speeds....
I personally like to stick my USB to the 2.0 port(near charge in) so that none of other ports are blocked

Thinking Of getting MTS MBlaze...
Speeds are okay for me tested @ friends system.
Any demerits??
It's Cheaper than any wireless broadband

Currently i am using reliance netconnect+,whereever i go m getting worst network n speed...so i thought to go for airtel datacard(only coz it gives good signals), bt m not knowing even airtel gives good signals?

Finally i decided to purchase datacard for my laptop that works wid SIM,so that i can change any sim card that supports the area network which i visit.
Plz suggest me,
1)that supports 2G/3G
2)gives good signals n speed anywhere
3)Good Brand
4)Model no in dat brand

Main issue is network and speed,m staying in tirupati outskirts where almost no signals for any i guess(but i dont have idea which contains good signals over here),so friends
plz keep in mind about network and speed then suggest me....

Also plz let me know how to find for which service provider(airtel/vodafone/.....)there will be good signals in the respective area?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Huawei E303C Data Card - Huawei: Flipkart.com

Huawei E3131B Data Card - Huawei: Flipkart.com

Micromax MMX 353G Data Card - Micromax: Flipkart.com

Micromax MMX 310C Data Card - Micromax: Flipkart.com
See we can do nothing about poor network....
try using datacards in various rooms.
ask localites for better idea of connection

Currently i am using reliance netconnect+,whereever i go m getting worst network n speed...so i thought to go for airtel datacard(only coz it gives good signals), bt m not knowing even airtel gives good signals?

Finally i decided to purchase datacard for my laptop that works wid SIM,so that i can change any sim card that supports the area network which i visit.
Plz suggest me,
1)that supports 2G/3G
2)gives good signals n speed anywhere
3)Good Brand
4)Model no in dat brand

Main issue is network and speed,m staying in tirupati outskirts where almost no signals for any i guess(but i dont have idea which contains good signals over here),so friends
plz keep in mind about network and speed then suggest me....
I hav some in my mind(Huawei,idea,bsnl)

Also plz let me know how to find for which service provider(airtel/vodafone/.....)there will be good signals in the respective area?

Plz anyone suggest me on this.... I wanna purchase urgently...

Could any1 plz suggest me good unlocked 3g data card,i had gone through this forum,n read all reviews too.
M confused in what to purchase,so plz suggest me good brand(model num also).
M living in city outskirts almost whr no proper signals are,as said by operator airtel n idea contains some signals in my locality..
so plz suggest me in finding the best(huawei/airtel/idea unlocked 3g datacard)

Also let me know how is idea netsetter(mainly network n speed).. Its urgent plz...
Thanks in advance..

dummydave

Broken In
bro try i ball 3.5g

M using it....it support all networks...

Has call/sms functn..

No heatin issue...

Works great....n easy to use

dummydave

Broken In
kool...no probs wid dat....huwaei r gud...

Actually i bot almost aa yr bak..dat tym i wantd huwaei nly but cudnt find ny1 selling huwaei....den i srchd more n gt iball....its totally worth..functn speed all r upto d mark...

U cn go for huwaei as they r leaders in makin d usb modem chipset..

Top Bottom