All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

A

amit.tiger12

Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

Any new sci fi show suggestions, please?
Only watched till now arrow, flash, legends of 2moro, izombie, I robot, GOT,
Please suggest me in sci fi and horror category.

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Any new sci fi show suggestions, please?
Only watched till now arrow, flash, legends of 2moro, izombie, I robot, GOT,
Please suggest me in sci fi and horror category.

Mr Robot
Person of Interest
Limitless
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Constantine

A

amit.tiger12

Mr Robot
Person of Interest
Limitless
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Constantine
Thanks any best series suggestion of 2014-15?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amit.tiger12

Hey friends please link IMDb link in name, serial movie etc.
It will be easy to find.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Just finished The Wire as per me its a very good tv show.
IMDB LINK
The Wire (TV Series 2002–2008) - IMD

A

amit.tiger12

Hey anybody use app for TV Series/shows episode manager,.
Which actually checklist of tv series
Please suggest best..

Some apps I found:

TV Series - Your shows manager – Android Apps on Google Pla

SeriesGuide – Android Apps on Google Pla

Etc etc

Actually it should show stats of past present and future tv series,

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Being using SeriesGuide along with trakt integration for quite some time now and I feel it does the job perfectly for showing upcoming episode as well as tracking watched episodes

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I use TVShow Time, TV show guide – Android Apps on Google Pla , very satisfied. The user base is huge, so I really enjoy the comments and meme by the users over there.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

The Expanse (IMDB Link)
This is something I am following now. I find it good.

yeah, it is like game of thrones set in space. have read the books. waiting for season to finish to binge watch.

- - - Updated - - -

oh season is finished. awesome.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Hey anybody use app for TV Series/shows episode manager,.
Which actually checklist of tv series
Please suggest best..

Some apps I found:

TV Series - Your shows manager – Android Apps on Google Pla

SeriesGuide – Android Apps on Google Pla

Etc etc

Actually it should show stats of past present and future tv series,

Try kodi.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

on ep 3 of expanse... it's too slow till now, got bored
Avasarala is awesome though. Just to see old Indian woman as one of the most powerful people on earth is awesome. Watching birds fly in low gravity was mesmerising too.

Childhood's End is great though, better produced, tighter storytelling, moves faster, better styled graphics. Of course, the base material is much better also, expanse is at most an epic joyride, childhood's end constantly brings up thought provoking questions and scenarios. If you are missing Charles Dance's (Tywin Lannister) badass voice, there is a lot of that here.
If possible read "Guardian Angel" short story by Arthur C Clarke before watching, not Childhood's End

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

childhood's end was awesome. Absolutely no reason to not see it. It's the best sci-fi series I have ever seen. It tells the whole story in 3 episodes.

hey anyone interested in a GOT rewatch thread leading up to the next season? we can schedule couple of episodes each day and watch all seasons just in time for next season?

Really liking Dharmakshetra on Epic. It's post mahabharat discussion on the mahabharat in a courtroom setting with Chitragupta as the judge. They try to wade through the moral implications of each character in an episode, and everyone brings up arguments and counter arguments. It's a great new way to tell the story.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Justified - Final Season 6 .... my oh my what a roller coaster ride was this. The sheer quality of writing, dialogues and actions has made Justified in my top 6 all-time TV series. As I have been sharing in my previous Justified posts, every season has been better than the previous one and 6 was no exception. The final fate of lead characters was decided and it was as satisfying as it can be. There are very few TV series (even if they are in my top 5-6) which have characters you care and love so much you actually do not stop thinking about them even after days you have finished the season. The killing was one such TV series, BB ofcourse and now Justified. I am gonna realy miss Raylen Given, boy timothy olyphant player that character to perfection. The way he walked, delivered, his strengths weaknesses all were grounded and you felt everything. My rating started with a 7/10 for Justified and at season 6 ending its an easy 8/10 ....
I am off to watching DeadWood the original TV series with Timothy Olyphant from which Justified was born ....

Hi i am out of watching Agents of Shield and planning to watch something new . I was thinking of Wayward pines or Twin peaks. Then i came across deadwood & Justified. Since i like western novels and movies a lot can you suggest which is better Deadwood or justified?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

aww guys I really want all of us to participate in planned, structured fun. I know I sound like monica but we should try it, and Game of Thrones is perfect for that. The community enjoys the meta discussions more than any other pop culture thingy, by which I mean that you can ace a discussion based on how much you can think as against how much you know. What makes GOT different from LOTR, HP, or something like SW is that you watch that one episode of Marg interacting with the orphans of fallen soldiers at king's landing, and that one episode, or one sequence, or one scene is enough to launch you into a discussion about Marg's intentions, plans of the Tyrells, and what each person is up to, even if anyone involved has no clue of the books or the episodes before and after. It's just so awesome that there is so much to interpret. So this is all about you and not the show. Such opportunities are few and far between, and we will lose the opportunity, forever, always, and there is no chance short of time travel, for theorizing this upcoming series together if we do not do this now. After a month, there wont be another chance to claim the honour of being right. Just to be clear, Im gonna do it anyway, and party all the way to the upcoming season, but really want to share this pleasure, and want you guys to be a part of it as well.
So, I ask you people again, let us schedule a GOT rewatch, pace out the episodes, absorb it, understand it, watch it together, two episodes per day and a weekend to catch up. Let's talk about it. Have given the idea, now it is up to you guiz.

Last edited:

Kaltrops

In the zone

I have not seen Deadwood, but justified is said to be a spinoff of Deadwood, so I am assuming it should be as good as if not better than Justified. ....Justified alone is on an another level .......... however let me warn you its not like typical western with a mexican background, and clint east wood style characters ...nope ...its just the main protagonist has a very distinctive style that resembles western attire plus the draw he has,....another resemblance with the genre.

Twin Peaks was ultimate too but different category and also very unique presentation, well who so ever has seen any movie of David lynch will understand what I mean and if they like David Lynch movies they would go bananas over twin peaks ...like me .. :)

Agents of shield was just avg for me could not even complete ..... yet to see wayward pines, but its said to be good

- - - Updated - - -

it was wasn't it :)... and people went all bananas over it, same with Arrow (we have a separate thread for gods sake ....can you believe that).... The only super hero TV series I loved was DareDevil the only reason I continued Flash was coz every god damn poster kept saying ...its gonna get better, its gonna get better...lol....but 10 episodes and I was done with it ...:) moved on ...
Justified was not a Spin-off of Deadwood. Those shows were not related at all, apart from a few of the same actors appearing in both.

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Flash and Arrow thread

Well to be a spin off not necessarily means they have to be related .... but I agree I might be wrong on justified being a spin-off of deadwood, as I could not find any article that says the same .... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very True ...very different taste .. not only choices ...like I dispise SRK and you .... bhai every ones that ...lol ;-)
Why there is so much rating for GOT on imdb?
I haven't started watch GOT yet.. Still in watchlist..
And Jessica Jones is good?

Top Bottom