All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

Flash

Lost in speed
*cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/yGnFjseG5UGMfQSfisAmoyelywI=/0x0:2200x1321/1570x883/filters:focal(924x485:1276x837):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/64775629/GettyImages_1163272717_copy.0.jpg

• Black Widow: May 1, 2020
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Fall 2020 (Disney Plus)
  • The Eternals: Nov. 6, 2020
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Feb. 12, 2021
  • WandaVision: Spring 2021 (Disney Plus)
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: May 7, 2021
  • Loki: Spring 2021 (Disney Plus)
  • What If...? Summer 2021 (Disney Plus)
  • Hawkeye: Fall 2021 (Disney Plus)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder: Nov. 5, 2021
Every Marvel Phase 4 movie and TV show announced at Comic-Con 2019

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Arrow S07

A bit disappointed. Used to be very good. Then they lost focus and kept on recycling characters.
Good that this is coming to an end.
BUT, Stephen Amell was a great Green Arrow.

Flash S05

I realized, I enjoy Flash more. This is a no-nonsense true to comic book adapted show. Yes, not that edgy or sleek but has its moments. Great villains.
This season was good too.

Now to Legends Of Tomorrow.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
In India, Hotstar is to get all Disney+ content
Loki typography is horrible... like juvenile and amateur level of horrible

Just finished watching Another Life
Its like Star Trek, only instead of the crew being made up of heroes, they are shown as being made up of flawed humans. Good things are diverse crew, story that subverts common gender stereotypes, cutting edge theories about alien life forms are explored (dark forest, boron based life form etc), there is an AI on the ship who is much more advanced and closer to human than HAL, GERTY or TARS. This leads to a bunch of really exciting questions and situations. The bad is that the decontamination room of the ship really sucks, not all the theories are explored to their fullest, the writing is contrived on many occassions, and there just too many "firsts for mankind" that seem to happen in rapid succession, which should not be a surprise after the construction of the first FTL ship. It is not for everyone, but some might get really into it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Iris is cringey. I wanted Savitar to succeed. Show would get better then. :rofl:
ha ha. I guess you are not alone in that.

Last season with Thinker was great. This season too was good. They had a "Endgame" like episode where Flash and XS travel to past to acquire certain objects.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Started watching:
Love Death + Robots (Netflix Series)
The CGI animation is mind blowing. Each episode is different story and nicely made.
Must watch.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Which were the ones that you didn't like?
Really liked Zima Blue, Aquila Rift, Good Hunting, Fish Night and Blind Spot
Did not like Ice Age, Alternate Histories and The Dump
The animation is also really well done

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Sophie's Edge is excellent and Aquila Rift.
only completed till Episode 9

- Helping Hand
- Aquila Rift
- Lucky 13
- Secret War

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Which were the ones that you didn't like?
Really liked Zima Blue, Aquila Rift, Good Hunting, Fish Night and Blind Spot
Did not like Ice Age, Alternate Histories and The Dump
The animation is also really well done
Sonnie's edge
Fish Night
Ice Age
Alternate Histories

those I did not like

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Boys 9/10 (Amazon Prime)

Finally Amazon got a good bingeworthy show which would get accolades from critics too.
Go watch it. Like now, and all in a day!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Started watching:
Love Death + Robots (Netflix Series)
The CGI animation is mind blowing. Each episode is different story and nicely made.
Must watch.
Liked: Sonnie's Edge, Three Robots, Sucker of Souls, Shape-Shifters, Ice Age, The Secret War

Mind **ck: The Witness, Suits, Beyond the Aquila Rift

Were okay: Good Hunting, Helping Hand (this felt inspired from Gravity), Blindspot, Alternate Histories (this felt like a Kurzgesagt video)

Disliked: When the Yogurt Took Over, The Dump, Fish Night, Lucky 13, Zima Blue

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Delhi Crime 9.5/10
(.5 deducted due to the pace of the show)

Nauseating, disturbing, awesome and thorough.

We all know the event. But, seeing and hearing things are different.
To create that disturbing and nauseating feeling only the words were enough. Imagine this being a R-rated show from a foreign producer, you would have got the visuals too. For cheap thrills for sure.

Acting is top notch, directing is brilliant, costume, set design, location marveled in all category.

All possible angle explored to give you a 360 view.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Delhi Crime 9.5/10
(.5 deducted due to the pace of the show)

Nauseating, disturbing, awesome and thorough.

We all know the event. But, seeing and hearing things are different.
To create that disturbing and nauseating feeling only the words were enough. Imagine this being a R-rated show from a foreign producer, you would have got the visuals too. For cheap thrills for sure.

Acting is top notch, directing is brilliant, costume, set design, location marveled in all category.

All possible angle explored to give you a 360 view.
Sounds interesting, is this on Netflix or Prime?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The end of the F***ing word .... Oh Man, how should I describe this series. But first I LOVED IT, to end the suspense .... :) ok how should I describe it..... Witty, Funny, shocking, poignant, touching, cruel but most of it honest ...... plot is simple Two 17-year-old couple, one believes he is a psychopath and other alone, too moody. Both totally detached from the outer would, develop a connection and embark on a road trip to find solace in each other. Sound like another road trip genre, but don't be mistaken this is class, dark humour and has everything, weird romance, shocking moments, witty fun. I loved the characters and their performance was top notch. If anyone is looking for a "different" out league show, this is not to be missed................................7.5/10 for this one

Available on Netflix​

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Mindhunter - Season 1 ... Mindhunter is the definition of slow burn, plot is simple "Two FBI agents are tasked with interviewing serial killers to solve open cases. " But boy oh boy the intrigue in the understanding of the psyche of the killers is shown, intrinsic, detailed, and to an extent fascinating if I may dare to say. First three/four episodes are super slow and just builds the underlying plot, from I think 4th or 5th episode the actual interviewing starts. After that its layer after layer of deep-rooted psyche of the killers. On the other hand, the drama of the department that is been created for this cause, its thinking tank, nothing is self-explanatory you have to really put your full intellect to understand. Its not fast/paced or nail-biting, but thought-provoking, intriguing. High on dialogue, very much like the movie Zodiac. No wonder it was also directed by David Fincher. 7.8/10 fo this one. Season 2 starts Aug 16. Available on Netflix

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Great time to watch, season 2 is coming in 5 days!
Manhunt: Unabomber is also a good show on similar lines, but not as well made

Top Bottom