All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Please post all the Far Cry and Crysis
Note: Only PC related posts, no PS2 or XBOX360.

You can ask all the questions from console command to ways of improving graphic and performance.
I am a big Freak of Far Cry and I've been researching on the console commands. I will periodically be telling you about the latest mods and the good maps and also about the update.

You might require the registration to various Far Cry website to download anything , but i'll provide you the direct links.

Also post topics regarding CRYSIS.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Did you people who are owning GeForce 6 or 7 series of cards can enable HDR Rendering in the game. But you must have 1.33 patch installed and antialiasing turned off.
Just press ~ to bring down the console and type \r_HDRRendering 2
the value can be 1 - 11 but 2 and 7 looks best and 2 has better performance.
Also those who wants o play the game with HDR Rendering with anti aliasing with all the antialiasing on you have to install pre beta patch.
*us.rd.yahoo.com/games/buzz/downloa...content/p/0/429618/farcry_v1_4_beta_patch.exe

What people no one is interested in Far Cry? I've not got even a single post from you all.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
No Crysis is not yet released. It is releasing at E3.
If you want to see the gameplay and footages you can see here
*incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=1&id=1&Itemid=2
They say "Play it at E3"

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
What people? No one has interest in Far Cry which is one of the best games of the decade till now. If you have finished the game and feel that its over than you are wrong. There are thousands of maps and mods available which are extremely intresting and adventurous and also dangerous.
I suppose many of you like Far Cry. Look at the Counter Strike Thread, it is just so big and still farcry thread has 3 posts ( excluding mine)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I will have to update to nVidia 7 series to be able to play Crysis. Damn. Recently I got XFX 6600gt 256 PCI-e. :(

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ LOL. By the way, I doubt even on 7800 GTX to play Crysis smooooothly, only 7900 GTX 512 MB can run it efficiently for sure. :)

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
In the Crysis forum they were talking abt SLIs of high end for smooth gameplay. But also they were saying that a 1 GB RAM and 6600GT with work without the following things:
Soft Shadows.
Volumetric Clouds.
Direct X 10 Features
The HDR Rendering will be smooth but if you put Real Time Ambient Light than the HDR will be slow.
But still what you get with 6600Gt and 1 GB RAM is
Dynamic Day and Night Sun Cycle.
Motion Blur.
Depth of Field
Fully Interactive Environment
Shader Model 3 full support and lots of other features.

The Motion Blur and ambient features are also included in X-Isle mod of Far Cry. You can check out the Demo in the single player map pack1.1:-
*farcry.filefront.com/file/Single_Player_Map_Pack;53449
Warning: Size 734.96MB

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
All this is speculation. Why dont u w8 till the actual sys reqs are announced .
However looking at the graphics the 6600 gt will certainly be the bare minimum

reddick

Mobile Freak
I wana ask abt d cheats of FARCRY.

I hit '~' key n d console windows appears while playing d game.But i type all d cheats of God Mode,All Ammo,All Weapons etc. but none of them even works!

Secondly,I replace d file 'DevMode.LUA' to get access in Cheats but nothing works at all.Whenever i type '-DEVMODE' at d end of target file,it says that 'd path is wrong' :(

PLEASE tell me how do i use CHEATS in this game...I search n google for it but only these two methods i found n both failed for me!!! THX FOR UR PATIENCE :lol:

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
after replacing the devmode.lua thing give thae following extension to the shortucut.
"Path of farcry folder\Bin32\FarCry.exe" "-devmode"
It didnt work for you as u might ot have seperated "-devmode" by a space.
Also see if there is no " " for the first part in shortcut properties than use only -devmode instead of "-devmode".
Check and than say me.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i have tried hdr on farcry , strangely i see no difference changing the values to increase decrease HDR rendering , i see only the hdr on and off difference .

one more thing , if u enable HDR while AA enabled on a nvidia card then whole level will get filled up with water , strange . seems like tsunami hit the shores of the island :p

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually the HDR Rendering is in its beta versions. It has been tested succesfully only on one game till now and thats NFS MW. There are minor un notable differences between HDR 1 - 11 but the thing is that as per the experts of Gamerspot.com and also from official website they say that 7 looks the best and 2 has better performance.
If you enable AA the water comes on to top. For this bug there is Far Cry patch 1.4 under construction. but for 6X00 and 7X00 card owner's an unofficial pre release patch is released by which you can play with all the AA on and HDR on without tsunami. The link for the pre release patch is:-
*us.rd.yahoo.com/games/buzz/downloa...content/p/0/429618/farcry_v1_4_beta_patch.exe

reddick

Mobile Freak
@ionicsachin
As per ur suggestion,i rub d commas in target line.Also i put space into -devmode n then without space...But still it shows same error message!
Please tell me in brief how to put damn thing in target line :(

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ionicsachin said:
Actually the HDR Rendering is in its beta versions. It has been tested succesfully only on one game till now and thats NFS MW.

beta versions !!! lol
Dude what are u talking about , nfsmw doesn't even use HDR , and u say it has been tested successfully .

Instead of using HDR, EA chose to implement "overbright," which simulates some of the light bloom effects without being too overpowered.
Source

And the games using HDR are Oblivian,AOE 3, Juiced , Tomb Raider Legend,Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter ,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory ,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom