All laptop related queries here!!!

Hrishi

Guys how do you clean the display off finger prints and dust no matter what soft cloth I use ,I can't clean off the finger prints and it seems to bend with even the slightest of pressures which worries me .also please enlighten me with any precautions you take to avoid scratches :( also any covering available to prevent dust from accumulating in between island type keyboards ?
any help is highly appreciated

Get a cleaning kit from local IT market. If you can't find one then get a small piece of cotton cloth(for e.g. the one used in clearing spectacle lenses.) alongwith colin.
You can also use cotton balls or soft tissue papers. And if you sceen bends with pressure , then try placing the laptop screen lid touching/pressing the bed/pillow , when you clean it. That should take care of it.

xs.dhaval

Broken In
i M looking for some thing near to 30-35 K ...as I doubt APU will be able to take load for software like Nsys , ProE , AUTOCAD, Catiya ... which are cpu intense progs. and m not a fan of APU either.

My basic concern in battery lyf and CPU , RAM, as storage can b increased by n extrnl one.

For the softwares you are gonna be using, you should definitely opt for intel CPUs, as their math logic process capabilities are unmatched.

I think you should choose a CPU clocked around 3Ghz for good performance.

IndRaj95

Broken In
for upto 27k you best option is Asus X53TK-SX056D [ get from FK ]
Asus X53TK-SX056D Laptop (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

for 2nd option
HCL AE1V3232-I Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4 GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - HCL: Flipkart.com

Could you please specify 2 laptops each in the budget range of 20k to 27k and 27k to 31k (totally 4 laptops)?

All configuration is same except that it should have Core i3 2nd Gen processor.(I forgot to mention it!)
1 more query regarding his laptop:

Can I get a Windows 8 Pro in a DOS OS based laptop for use through dual boot or single boot?

mohit.2105

Right off the assembly line
Hey people,
I need to buy a laptop with following specifications
1. i5 processor
2. 15.6"
3.750-1000GB HDD
4. 4 GB or more RAM
5. WIndows

I'll be using it mainly for college work(projects and all), gaming, movies and other regular stuff. Budget is around 45k. Please suggest the best ones available in the market.(preferrably HP or DELL) And which brand has the best after sales services? Please help..:)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could you please specify 2 laptops each in the budget range of 20k to 27k and 27k to 31k (totally 4 laptops)?

All configuration is same except that it should have Core i3 2nd Gen processor.(I forgot to mention it!)
1 more query regarding his laptop:

Can I get a Windows 8 Pro in a DOS OS based laptop for use through dual boot or single boot?

for upto 27k get this [ it has no os pre-installed so install win 7 / 8 ]
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ No OS) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

for 31k
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

you can install win 8 by completely removing DOS OS but you better use win 7.

Hey people,
I need to buy a laptop with following specifications
1. i5 processor
2. 15.6"
3.750-1000GB HDD
4. 4 GB or more RAM
5. WIndows

I'll be using it mainly for college work(projects and all), gaming, movies and other regular stuff. Budget is around 45k. Please suggest the best ones available in the market.(preferrably HP or DELL) And which brand has the best after sales services? Please help..:)

get this :
*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-15-...FESF&ref=13a94111-2441-442a-8d9f-400e0da27f70

mohit.2105

this HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com or this Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com ??

IndRaj95

Broken In
for upto 27k get this [ it has no os pre-installed so install win 7 / 8 ]
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ No OS) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

for 31k
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

you can install win 8 by completely removing DOS OS but you better use win 7.
The laptops are just meant for me!

What's the actual purpose of 1 GB graphics memory?
There's 1 more thing:I already have a PC with 32 bit Windows 7 installed and I heard from a friend that 32 bit applications don't work on 64 bit.
So I need to know similar laptops with 32 bit architecture.
Can I install Win 7 or Win 8 32 bit on a laptop with 64 bit architecture?

Last edited:

GeekyDon

So, I have a very simple question. I was looking to buy a laptop within a week and was looking for some suggestions. I want a machine which can allow me to do all round work seamlessly. I want to be able to play all the latest games, edit videos and pics, watch movies, surf the internet and listen to music. My budget is 60-70k. I can extend it to 75k if need be. I am not really bothered about memory that much since I already have 4TBs of External Hard Drives. Hence, I'd be fine SSD machines. I am also not particularly concerned about touch displays. I have my eye on the Samsung NP550P5C-S051N. Should I get this one or are there better machines in the market for that price? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dipanjan

P.S. Also suggestions for any added accessories if needed, please!

No one? :(

somebodysme

Journeyman
Hi all, need a laptop suggestion for multimedia, programming and casual gaming use.
Max budget 50k, will be purchasing tomorrow locally.

I am considering following models
1. Samsung NP550,
2. asus-k55vm-sx086d
3. Lenovo Z500

Last edited:

IndRaj95

Broken In
Response required

Reference: #3973
The laptops mentioned by topgear in this post are just meant for me!Thanks!

Some of my doubts:

1)What's the actual purpose of 1 GB graphics memory?

2)There's 1 more thing:I already have a PC with 32 bit Windows 7 installed and I heard from a friend that 32 bit applications don't work on 64 bit.

3)Can I install Win 7 or Win 8 32 bit on a laptop with 64 bit architecture?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com or this Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com ??

get the HP Pavilion but I'm a bit reluctant about HP's A.S.S.

The laptops are just meant for me!

What's the actual purpose of 1 GB graphics memory?
There's 1 more thing:I already have a PC with 32 bit Windows 7 installed and I heard from a friend that 32 bit applications don't work on 64 bit.

In layman terms : 1GB memory is the gpus frame buffer and primarily it's task is to store texture data for gpu to process and it's generally faster than system ram [ with proper memory type ] and takes less time for the gpu to get the data for process rather than requesting the data from the system ram thus causing low latency and faster processing time overall improving the gaming experience but the amount of data this gpu ram to hold depends also on the monitor resolution, gfx settings used in games and gpu's compute power and for 120P resolution 1GB should be enough but sometime manufacturer do add 1GB/2GB ram with gpus which don't have much processing power to process the data very efficiently .. rather than improving any performance at-all this unused video memory just remain dormnant and is a marketing gimmick only.

Don't listen to your friend .. 64 bit OS can run 32 bit apps very nicely and without any issue at-all and more and more softwares are coming with native 64 bit version nowadays.

the Samsung NP550P5C-S051N is a very good one but if you need better gaming performance have a look at this :

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59-379647-laptop-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdhe8gxhhggcfh?pid=COMDHE8FYE7KASYP&ref=9c685b0e-8044-4673-a792-89ac618e6122

IndRaj95

Broken In
Don't listen to your friend .. 64 bit OS can run 32 bit apps very nicely and without any issue at-all and more and more softwares are coming with native 64 bit version nowadays.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
hey guys,
A friend of mine is going to buy a laptop under 30k(he can strech his budget if there is good price-performance/etc jump), so need suggestion on buying a laptop for "office work+surfing online+other normal stuff"
His requirements-
-Good build quality.
-Good quality screen, at least 15"
-Good after sale service and windows 7/8 pre installed(no DOS).
-He prefer a dell laptop, but can opt for other also if that is the best available, but his first preference is dell(don't ask:razz:, he's a fanboy)
-should be able to handle the "above" tasks for at least 3-4 years.

This is what I've shortlisted-
*www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-s56caxx030r-ultrabook-3rd-gen/425587

Thanks

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys need help here :confused::confused:

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

This one seems to b the best deal for you GT 740m is about 10% slower than GT 650m but u are casual gaming ain't u?? (else go for Samsung one)

I too would suggest this Lenovo one as tg did.
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59-379647-laptop-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdhe8gxhhggcfh?pid=COMDHE8FYE7KASYP&ref=9c685b0e-8044-4673-a792-89ac618e6122

Hello veterans , If any of u can help me solve this crap plz ... :-x *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/networkin...-sharing-internet-connection.html#post1985840 .... Help much appreciated !! :/ :)

somebodysme

Journeyman
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

This one seems to b the best deal for you GT 740m is about 10% slower than GT 650m but u are casual gaming ain't u?? (else go for Samsung one)

and what will be best for only multimedia experience??
This lappy is for mostly multimedia use like movies, music, internet and all.
I didn't find any laptops with hd resolution.
This purchase is for my friend and he doesn't play games ;)

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
hey guys,
A friend of mine is going to buy a laptop under 30k(he can strech his budget if there is good price-performance/etc jump), so need suggestion on buying a laptop for "office work+surfing online+other normal stuff"
His requirements-
-Good build quality.
-Good quality screen, at least 15"
-Good after sale service and windows 7/8 pre installed(no DOS).
-He prefer a dell laptop, but can opt for other also if that is the best available, but his first preference is dell(don't ask:razz:, he's a fanboy)
-should be able to handle the "above" tasks for at least 3-4 years.

This is what I've shortlisted-
Asus S56CA-XX030R Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB 24GB SSD/ Win7 HB) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Thanks
help me here guys.

Top Bottom