All laptop related queries here!!!

rouble

Journeyman
Guys please tell me the best laptop among the three.
Tell me overall which laptop will be better considering the modern
Gaming requirements and also the overall build quality, sound system, RAM, HDD, Screen quality and reliabilty.

1. Dell Inspiron 15R N5520 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

2. Samsung NP350E5C-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

3. Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Also tell me about the ASS of Samsung and is there overheating problem in samsung laptops??

Cooldream

Right off the assembly line
Hello all.
I am about to buy a new laptop for me.
My primary uses are general computing, internet, IM (A/V chat), entertainment etc.
I am not into gaming and my budget is 35k.

Config: 3rd Gen i3, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, No OS/Linux/Ubuntu/DOS

After extensive search, i have chalked out 2 laptops, which are:
1. HP 2000-2D28TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500 GB/ DOS) HP 2000-2D28TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500 GB/ DOS) - HP: Flipkart.com

2. Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux) Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux) - Dell: Flipkart.com

I'll upgrade HP to 4GB immediately after purchase.

I am confused between the 2, so would like to have members opinion and advice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other laptops which I am considering, but are not high on hopes.
1. Acer Aspire E1-571-33114G50Mnks
2. Asus S56CA
3. Asus S56CM
4. SVF15212SN _ VAIO® Fit 14E_15E

Any other laptop, which you can suggest in the same price range and features??????

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Guys please tell me the best laptop among the three.
Tell me overall which laptop will be better considering the modern
Gaming requirements and also the overall build quality, sound system, RAM, HDD, Screen quality and reliabilty.

1. Dell Inspiron 15R N5520 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

2. Samsung NP350E5C-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

3. Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Also tell me about the ASS of Samsung and is there overheating problem in samsung laptops??

2nd One.
Win8 + HD7670M is a very good thing

Dell one looses point for 2GB RAM & a missing numeric keypad.

AFAIK Samsung's A.S.S is a bit lazy but not bad... recommendable.
But do check for overheating issues on samsung Laptops ...

I Suggest you to take a look @ HP offerings in that range cause they are also pretty good. A10-4600M+HD7670M

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
2nd One.
Win8 + HD7670M is a very good thing

Dell one looses point for 2GB RAM & a missing numeric keypad.

AFAIK Samsung's A.S.S is a bit lazy but not bad... recommendable.
But do check for overheating issues on samsung Laptops ...

I Suggest you to take a look @ HP offerings in that range cause they are also pretty good. A10-4600M+HD7670M

talking about Samsung A.S.S. - had to rma my monitor, called up CC at 11.30pm and service enginner called me on 12.30pm and showed up at 2pm [ though he is a bit reluctatnt ] got the panel replaced in 2 days - actually it could have been 1 day only but the technician brought a wrong panel but anyway, it's ultra fast IMO.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Hey guys could you tell me which out these laptop is the best one.
Main priority it gaming and some other basic stuff

HP Pavilion G6-2312AX Laptop (APU
Quad Core A10/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/
2.5GB Graph)

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen
Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)

HP Pavilion 15-e017TX Laptop (3rd
Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB
Graph)

HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd
Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB
Graph)

any other suggestions please welcome.
budget 40k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@gamefreak4770k I would suggest you to go for the HP Pavilion G6-2016TX. It is a better overall laptop than the others mentioned and the 3rd gen i5(with the 1GB HD7670) will run most games at med-high settings at ease.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
@gamefreak4770k I would suggest you to go for the HP Pavilion G6-2016TX. It is a better overall laptop than the others mentioned and the 3rd gen i5(with the 1GB HD7670) will run most games at med-high settings at ease.

thanks man but would it be able to play gta 4??
my friend has a sony laptop with 3rd gen i5 with 2gb 7670 and still his lappy struggles to play it. Even at low settings.

What's wrong with amd?

sorry with noob questions and thanks a lot man

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

rouble

Journeyman
@Chaitanya
Thnx for replying
Yeah I too think Dell is asking too much for too little.Ram is a deal breaker.
Confusion is between 2nd and 3rd ones..Both Sammy ones..Although both have their plus points against each other.
2nd one has two USB 3.0 ports against none in the other, Windows 8 out of box, better network chip
but the third one has a better GPU(8750m>7670m), better processor and it is a lot cheaper than the other too.
Both have got kickass looks.

Presently I am looking for an intel only laptop so AMD is out of question.

talking about Samsung A.S.S. - had to rma my monitor, called up CC at 11.30pm and service enginner called me on 12.30pm and showed up at 2pm [ though he is a bit reluctatnt ] got the panel replaced in 2 days - actually it could have been 1 day only but the technician brought a wrong panel but anyway, it's ultra fast IMO.

That's very good.
Actually I have no personal experience, another thing do the models specified above have good cooling?

That is music to my ears :)
Now my only concern is the heating in Samsung laptops.I don't think there should be any problem
but still need to know from the folks who are using or have used Sammy laptops.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
@Chaitanya
Thnx for replying
Yeah I too think Dell is asking too much for too little.Ram is a deal breaker.
Confusion is between 2nd and 3rd ones..Both Sammy ones..Although both have their plus points against each other.
2nd one has two USB 3.0 ports against none in the other, Windows 8 out of box, better network chip
but the third one has a better GPU(8750m>7670m), better processor and it is a lot cheaper than the other too.
Both have got kickass looks.

Presently I am looking for an intel only laptop so AMD is out of question.

i3-3110m & i3-3120m don't have significant performance difference.

USB 3.0 is actually good for USB 3.0 devices like an external HDD or so. (that actually makes a lot of difference in speeds.)

Win8/Linux is purely your choice.

GPU.. I misread it as HD 8570m instead of 8750m.. (GPU is almost 25-30% better as far as FPS are considerd)

More gaming = option 3
else
Option 2

Also may I ask why Intel only??

Hrishi

Guys if i don't get an i5, would i3 be better or amd a10??

for gaming purposes...

thanks

I3 /I5 both are dual cores with hyper threading.
I3 should suffice , but if you need turbo boost and more power , then i5 all the way.
A10 is good if you planning to play games with CF support.

IMO, get A10. But insure that CF works properly with the config you are choosing.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Can you post which laptop? It's hard to make a comment seeing only the processor name.

same

HP Pavilion G6-2312AX Laptop (APU
Quad Core A10/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/
2.5GB Graph)
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen
Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)
HP Pavilion 15-e017TX Laptop (3rd
Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB
Graph)

rouble

Journeyman
i3-3110m & i3-3120m don't have significant performance difference.

USB 3.0 is actually good for USB 3.0 devices like an external HDD or so. (that actually makes a lot of difference in speeds.)

Win8/Linux is purely your choice.

GPU.. I misread it as HD 8570m instead of 8750m.. (GPU is almost 25-30% better as far as FPS are considerd)

More gaming = option 3
else
Option 2

Also may I ask why Intel only??

I am not at all dying for a 100mhz difference..
Yeah since most of the external hard disks do come with USB 3.0 nowadays, I can't go wrong with it's inclusion.
And the purchase of an external HDD is inevitable due to all the movies and series :cool:

Even DOS will suffice.In any case I will be putting Windows 7 :mrgreen:

Yeah but if the other has better heat dissipation and build quality then I would be likely to go with the 2nd one.And gaming is not the only priority..not dying for it..Infact gaming is a 2nd priority here which gives the answer to your question of why I am going for an intel one...
Need better processing power too and since heat is a major concern here, an intel will suit me more as everywhere and from everyone I hear that APUs produce more heat as compared to Intel and I don't think any one can deny that Intel is a better technology..
All in all still not ready for AMD..In future, maybe!!

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
since heat is a major concern here, an intel will suit me more as everywhere and from everyone I hear that APUs produce more heat as compared to Intel and I don't think any one can deny that Intel is a better technology..

:facepalm:

That's an age old concern..
My G6-2005ax remains at 43-49C during watching movies & browsing net.

Also in a review conducted by Digit that consisted of almost 10 laptops in 30-40k range varying from 2ndgen i3 to 3rd gen i5, APU scored highest in battery life.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
I3 /I5 both are dual cores with hyper threading.
I3 should suffice , but if you need turbo boost and more power , then i5 all the way.
A10 is good if you planning to play games with CF support.

IMO, get A10. But insure that CF works properly with the config you are choosing.

what about crossfire of 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 7660G
(Integrated) and 2 GB ATI Mobility
Radeon 7670M HD Graphics
(Dedicated) in amd a10 laptop of hp

will it be better than i3+7670??

thanks

rouble

Journeyman
:facepalm:

That's an age old concern..
My G6-2005ax remains at 43-49C during watching movies & browsing net.

Also in a review conducted by Digit that consisted of almost 10 laptops in 30-40k range varying from 2ndgen i3 to 3rd gen i5, APU scored highest in battery life.

I don't know man.I still hear it and from the best of the people and hear it quite often..
Longevity, heat dissipation, overall reliability, performance makes Intel a winner by a long shot for me..
That's great!!

That's ok but I am sure a simple google search would give a contrary view too..
Right now AMD is far far behind Intel, which is not a very good thing for AMD and for us also,
and if it continues to happen this way then god save us from Intel monopoly..
And with Haswell coming which brings significant battery savings, it will be very hard for AMD to fight with the mighty Intel though I really hope and pray that AMD shocks the world someday.

Top Bottom