All laptop related queries here!!!

IndRaj95

Broken In
Don't listen to your friend .. 64 bit OS can run 32 bit apps very nicely and without any issue at-all and more and more softwares are coming with native 64 bit version nowadays.

Can I install Win 7 or Win 8 32 bit on a laptop with 64 bit architecture?

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
hey guys,
A friend of mine is going to buy a laptop under 30k(he can strech his budget if there is good price-performance/etc jump), so need suggestion on buying a laptop for "office work+surfing online+other normal stuff"
His requirements-
-Good build quality.
-Good quality screen, at least 15"
-Good after sale service and windows 7/8 pre installed(no DOS).
-He prefer a dell laptop, but can opt for other also if that is the best available, but his first preference is dell(don't ask:razz:, he's a fanboy)
-should be able to handle the "above" tasks for at least 3-4 years.

This is what I've shortlisted-
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-s56caxx030r-ultrabook-3rd-gen/425587

Thanks

somebodysme

Journeyman
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

This one seems to b the best deal for you GT 740m is about 10% slower than GT 650m but u are casual gaming ain't u?? (else go for Samsung one)

and what will be best for only multimedia experience??
This lappy is for mostly multimedia use like movies, music, internet and all.
I didn't find any laptops with hd resolution.
This purchase is for my friend and he doesn't play games ;)

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
hey guys,
A friend of mine is going to buy a laptop under 30k(he can strech his budget if there is good price-performance/etc jump), so need suggestion on buying a laptop for "office work+surfing online+other normal stuff"
His requirements-
-Good build quality.
-Good quality screen, at least 15"
-Good after sale service and windows 7/8 pre installed(no DOS).
-He prefer a dell laptop, but can opt for other also if that is the best available, but his first preference is dell(don't ask:razz:, he's a fanboy)
-should be able to handle the "above" tasks for at least 3-4 years.

This is what I've shortlisted-
Asus S56CA-XX030R Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB 24GB SSD/ Win7 HB) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Thanks
help me here guys.

diya.r

Broken In
Does anybody here have details on this particular laptop. Someone who actually owns it, the indian model.The laptop is "HP Envy TouchSmart 15-J001TX". Hope someone can help

bubusam13

Human
I want a Laptop with i5 or i7, backlit keyboard and good display(I really want a good display).
The laptop should look good coz I have been using a thinkpad lately and bored with it's dull looks. USB 3.0 is preferable though not necessity. I don't want to invest much.
Pls help me find one.

Are laptop with tochscreen good ?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
I want a Laptop with i5 or i7, backlit keyboard and good display(I really want a good display).
The laptop should look good coz I have been using a thinkpad lately and bored with it's dull looks. USB 3.0 is preferable though not necessity. I don't want to invest much.
Pls help me find one.

Are laptop with tochscreen good ?

Get a rMBP 15 else post a budget.

somebodysme

Journeyman
Are there any good laptops under 50k with full hd display??
Actually I want and i5 processor, 4-6GB RAM, more than 500GB HDD and good Video Card sufficient for HD movies.

nikufellow

In the zone
Guys this might seem like an uber noob query and i don't know if this has been bought to discussion here before btw will "setting 200% volume on VLC damage laptop speaker's ?" , even googling this brings up mixed results so can't really tell. There are even threads on other forums on where people claim to have damaged there speakers on using VLC continuously and warranty was denied (hp?) by manufacturers , i have no means of checking the authencity of those sources but please let me know if there's a possibility of damage as a consequence of using VLC or is this all a misconception .

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Guys this might seem like an uber noob query and i don't know if this has been bought to discussion here before btw will "setting 200% volume on VLC damage laptop speaker's ?" , even googling this brings up mixed results so can't really tell. There are even threads on other forums on where people claim to have damaged there speakers on using VLC continuously and warranty was denied (hp?) by manufacturers , i have no means of checking the authencity of those sources but please let me know if there's a possibility of damage as a consequence of using VLC or is this all a misconception .

VLC's sound boosting feature damages the speakers for sure cause my friend blew on of speakers of his MacBook air.
Although can't say about warranty claim... If u ever give laptop for servicing remove VLC cause they get agitated on seeing it..... :-D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

It's not a misconception, rather 100% true. Sooner or later, you'll be blessed.
The thing is, setting the volume above 100% in VLC cranks up the sound above hardware level, which make puny laptop speakers burst out.
Some brands like HP, Dell, which used to provide good speakers, were able to retain the damage for longer durations, but even they failed.
Moral of the story, don't keep VLC, you've MPC, KMplayer, etc.

Top Bottom