All laptop related queries here!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think core i5 3210M is better suited for programming compared to A10 4600M ... so you can go with Dell New Inspiron 14R Laptop

Hrishi

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
40,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope!!

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Graphics editing(basic, learning), Usual browsing(WiFi and Lan), Gaming, Programming.. Comp Sci student and loads of reading

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Nothing like that..

Right now I'm looking at HP Pavalion 2313 AX. And I cannot find decent review..

Will it be good enough, or is there a better one in that price range?
Any guidance would be appreciated..
I'm planning to buy in a week..

Did lots of reading.. Still no good review for that.

Help me out, Thanks alot

You should be looking for matte display because they are well suited for reading and development. They cause lesser eye strains compared to glossy.
Glossy is for people who prefer brightness and more colors.

kunalht

In the zone
PLz... help
I want to buy laptop at 40-45k.
I want it for gaming & programming.
I want to buy only dell or lenovo laptop.
Which should I buy?
I am thinking to buy this
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Is this good laptop??
It has intel 3317u.
Is 3317u is good for gaming?
I have heard that 3210m is better then 3310u but 3210m is not available in dell laptop...
So, tell me is 3317u is good for heavy gaming???

Hrishi

PLz... help
I want to buy laptop at 40-45k.
I want it for gaming & programming.
I want to buy only dell or lenovo laptop.
Which should I buy?
I am thinking to buy this
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Is this good laptop??
It has intel 3317u.
Is 3317u is good for gaming?
I have heard that 3210m is better then 3310u but 3210m is not available in dell laptop...
So, tell me is 3317u is good for heavy gaming???

Processors with U models should be generally avoided unless you are planning on a laptop with longer battery life or an ultrabook.
The performance of common mobile processors goes by the suffix XM>QM>M>U.
Where XM is extreme series , QM is Quad-COre mobile , M stands for dual-core mobile , and U stands for ulltra-low power.

kunalht

In the zone
ok
but all of the dell laptop's have 3317u.
Still can i play all the games in 3317 u with amd7670m graphics card??

[URGENT] Need a Gaming laptop under INR 45,000
Please suggest a gaming
laptop under Rs 45,000. Weight is not a factor. I did find the Samsung
NP350V5C-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/ 1TB/Win7 HP/ 2GB
Graph) tempting enough. But wanted to know if you guys have anything else in mind. I am not epecting it to run GTA V though when it does
come out.

Please suggest a gaming
Graph) tempting enough. But wanted to know if you guys have anything else in mind. I am not epecting it to run GTA V though when it does
come out.
go for this

However you'll miss the benefits of asymmetrical crossfire which are huge in some games.

Please suggest a gaming
come out.
go for this

However you'll miss the benefits of asymmetrical crossfire which are huge in some games.

HP Pavilion G6-2202TX Laptop
(3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/
1GB Graph) or HP Pavilion G6-2312AX Laptop(APU Quad Core A10/ 4GB/ 1TB/Win8/ 2.5GB Graph)

rahulrana681

Broken In
I have a Sony Vaio VGN CR 23 . Laptop is 5 yrs n 2 months old. Working fine. 2ghz C2Duo, 4 gb RAM. Now I am buying a new one so I am confused about what to do with this one ? Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

sebuelias

Broken In
I got hardly 2 days to choose between these two laps.
I was planning to get 2313ax, then i saw the samsung and it seems pretty good.

CAN any of you experts please advice and spare some timw to give me a detailed reply please.

also I'm confused which is a better proccesor and graphics card. Can you guys please guide me through.

Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

also let me know if there is anything new or something coming up soon as I can delay the buying, But I'm afraid these two will go out of stock if I delay the buy..

nikufellow

In the zone
I got hardly 2 days to choose between these two laps.
I was planning to get 2313ax, then i saw the samsung and it seems pretty good.

CAN any of you experts please advice and spare some timw to give me a detailed reply please.

also I'm confused which is a better proccesor and graphics card. Can you guys please guide me through.

Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

also let me know if there is anything new or something coming up soon as I can delay the buying, But I'm afraid these two will go out of stock if I delay the buy..

i think i3+8750m is a safer bet provided that i3>=a10 and 8750m>7670m

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@NIKU are u sure about this?
Cause A10 can got upto 3.1 while i3 staYS at 2.5.
or is this a valid point?

Core i3's (3rd gen) architecture is much more refined than APUs (2nd gen). so in games both system will be equal but if you compare single threaded benchmark, A10 fails to beat i3 despite it having higher clockspeed or 4cores.

BTW can we have the discussion in the thread created by you. your post are scattered over like 3-4 different threads which will only add to the confusion.

sebuelias

Broken In
Core i3's (3rd gen) architecture is much more refined than APUs (2nd gen). so in games both system will be equal but if you compare single threaded benchmark, A10 fails to beat i3 despite it having higher clockspeed or 4cores.

BTW can we have the discussion in the thread created by you. your post are scattered over like 3-4 different threads which will only add to the confusion.

Ok.. I'll discuss rest in my thread.. did this cause urgent

Top Bottom