All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
I thought about a desktop but i want the portability of a laptop as well,plus i'm not a hardcore gamer (by definition).

the DELL 17R comes with gt650m 2gb GDDR5....is it good choice

That Dell inspiron 17r SE is a good gaming product, the only problem u may face is weight, its a bulky 3.28 kg laptop.
Price is changed now it will cost you 66.8k included VAT.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I thought about a desktop but i want the portability of a laptop as well,plus i'm not a hardcore gamer (by definition).

a 30k desktop will be much powerful than a 60k laptop. if you can go for a desktop + laptop combo. with laptop you get portability but loose reliability and heavy use. so if you have a desktop, go for a laptop but its not a good idea to grab a laptop with gaming in mind.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
a 30k desktop will be much powerful than a 60k laptop. if you can go for a desktop + laptop combo. with laptop you get portability but loose reliability and heavy use. so if you have a desktop, go for a laptop but its not a good idea to grab a laptop with gaming in mind.

As i said before i will no doubt play games that to heavy ones,the GT650 does have a good performance, plus this being India with its power cuts i just think the laptop might just be better......

manan23

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for a laptop for arnd 50-55k.
Must haves :
high performance
good battery backup
light weight

Pls suggest .. I like the inspiron 14r & 15r spl edition..but they seem to be more for heavy gamers ..

far

Keep Going!
Is this laptop VFM ?

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-z580-z-series-59-333346-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-1gb-graphics-win-7-hb/p/itmdaba2bdkhbfya?pid=COMDABAYQB6D87PH&ref=c37f6f0c-67b3-443f-a9e4-5c90ba873a72

Barjesh Jain

I want (13 or 14 inch) 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM Processor with 128 SSD. I don't need dvd rom or graphic card. Could you please suggest any laptop with these configration.

One More Question

Can i change New dell 13z's (Dell Inspiron 13z Laptop Details | Dell India) hard disk to ssd? and will it give me good result as in ultrabooks.?

Thanks..!!

rider

as Kratos
Is this laptop VFM ?

Lenovo Z580 Z Series Z580 (59-333346) Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/1GB Graphics/Win 7 HB: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

LOL, this is look like cheap copy of macbook. :lol:
No, it is not VFM, better one is inspiron 15r with HD 7670M in gaming performance and 1 MP webcam, and last but not the least dell service.

& and if you want 1 TB HDD model of same conf get this inpiron 15R only 1.5k more.
You can exclude 5% VAT by paying on the name of central govt employee.

far

Keep Going!
& and if you want 1 TB HDD model of same conf get this inpiron 15R only 1.5k more.
You can exclude 5% VAT by paying on the name of central govt employee.

Hmm.. We need to just mention the name of Central Govt Employee or pay using their card as well :|

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Hi,
I would to get a laptop to gift my parents :)

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
max 23-24k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14" OR 15"screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Samsung, Lenovo (hows Asus?; found build quality a cheapo :| )
b. Dislike: all others for now :D

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
all basic..such as net browsing, movies, pics browsing, ms office occasional video editing

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
matte (nothing really strict but need a really solid build quality; VFM)

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Would want to get a laptop which churns out maximum backup time also I can get a 9 cell separate battery pack if the full deal is within my budget. :D

I found these models to fit my budget:

Samsung NP300E5Z-A0N, Samsung NP300E5Z-A0BIN Laptop (Silver - High glossy front) is it really glossy..? as the name suggests..on flipkart? :shock:

-- difference between these two is mainly of the 320GB/500GB harddrive and price diff on flipkart is just of few 100s.

Also found Lenovo B570 B Series Laptop (but it is discontinued on flipkart..anyplace else where I can get it?)

and Samsung RV Series RV513-A02IN Laptop (Titan Silver) but this AMD one is out of stock on flipkart :(

I would really like to know more about
Processor Pentium Dual Core (2nd Generation)
Variant B950
v/s
AMD Processor APU Dual Core
Variant E-450

Regards,
Prometheus

Last edited:

pankajsingh5k

Hi everyone,

I wish to buy a laptop soon. I will be using it mainly for gaming so i am waiting to buy a Ivybridge + kepler mobility graphics card laptop. Kindly suggest one the best one availiable in India right now. my budget is around 50k ( + 10k more depending upon the specs).

I am not looking for a desktop replacement just a lappy that has good build quality and has the best processor+graphics card+ram+hdd combo under my budget so that it can run latest games.

Please suggest the ones availiable in India right now. Also please suggest any upcoming laptops (or resource where i can track upcoming laptops) that are worth the wait.

aryan.838

Broken In
Re: Laptop till Rs 50k...

hp pavilion dv6-7012tx is a premium quality model, slimmer and lighter against all competitors, metallic finishing, speakers with triple bass reflex sub-woofer at the bottom, and yes it has a very nice full chiclet style keyboard with numeric keypad but no backlight, it's a pleasure to type on that.
It would cost you 50k in saholic.com included a carry bag and charger.

Hey rider sorry for replying so late, I just saw on Dell's website their new inspiron 15r special edition lineup...what would you say about it?
How does it compare with Hp DV6 7012TX
Thanx

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@prometheus

Pentium B950 is a much better processor than amd E450 when it comes to processing power.Pentium B950 has intel hd3000 as IGP.Amd E450 is targeted at netbooks.It has a TDP of 18W so has a better battery life.Pentium B950 has a TDP of 35w.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Guys any idea where I can get myself a Rasberry Pi ?? :-D

Hey :)
I too once considered getting it :D
btw check its website they are hooked up with farnell and element14 (these are names of the online electrical/electronic stores which are shipping worldwide :) )

Happy hunting:cool:

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Hi guys,
I just learned from Flipkart's customer care that I won't be able to order my laptop as I am from Noida :cry:

They said that Uttar Pradesh has levied extra taxes so they won't be able to deliver it. AKA no laptops for UP ppl??:evil:

Anways....does somebody know where can i get this laptop?: Samsung NP300E5Z-A0BIN Laptop

I want to order it online but I am not able to find a competitive price similar to flipkart :(

Could somebody help me out pls? will appreciate any efforts.. :)

raj_55555

Journeyman
First of all thanks a lot to rider for pointing me to dell inspiron, otherwise I would have certainly bought the ASUS one. You guys are real pocket savers :razz:

I have decided to buy the Dell inspiron 15r and am confused between the Special edition (52 k with VAT) or the normal one (46 k with VAT)

I have two questions:
1. Will there be any huge difference in the gaming aspect (with different GPU) if I go with the Special edition?
2. What are those advantages (looks aside).

My main focus really is gaming at low or medium settings. Please comment.

rider

as Kratos
First of all thanks a lot to rider for pointing me to dell inspiron, otherwise I would have certainly bought the ASUS one. You guys are real pocket savers :razz:

I have decided to buy the Dell inspiron 15r and am confused between the Special edition (52 k with VAT) or the normal one (46 k with VAT)

I have two questions:
1. Will there be any huge difference in the gaming aspect (with different GPU) if I go with the Special edition?
2. What are those advantages (looks aside).

My main focus really is gaming at low or medium settings. Please comment.

Your welcome raj, :) go with special edition, it limited period offer you are getting HD 7730M 2GB graphic card which is almost as good as GT 640M.

Hey rider sorry for replying so late, I just saw on Dell's website their new inspiron 15r special edition lineup...what would you say about it?
How does it compare with Hp DV6 7012TX
Thanx

These special editions are awesome on papers, go with it.

raj_55555

Journeyman
guys I don't understand, why do I have to buy a power adapter separately? Isn't it supposed to come bundled with the pack? It's asking for over 1k for some targus adaptor. :evil:

Also I couldn't find the option to order the windows 7 disk, I read it can be ordered for extra 2$. :cry:

Top Bottom