All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
guys I don't understand, why do I have to buy a power adapter separately? Isn't it supposed to come bundled with the pack? It's asking for over 1k for some targus adaptor. :evil:

Also I couldn't find the option to order the windows 7 disk, I read it can be ordered for extra 2$. :cry:

what the! every laptop company provide charging adapter for free :shock:

No, problem with with windows 7 disc, you can burn at home from your laptop.

far

Keep Going!
guys I don't understand, why do I have to buy a power adapter separately? Isn't it supposed to come bundled with the pack? It's asking for over 1k for some targus adaptor. :evil:

Where is it asking... It doesn't provide such an option.. I tried to navigate the page.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Here's the link.

While customizing, you may find it in the accessories section.

aroraanant said:
but now they have stopped giving CDs so you have to pay few extra bucks.
I am ready to pay the few extra buck, please show me the option. :-?

far

Keep Going!
Here's the link.

While customizing, you may find it in the accessories section.

I am ready to pay the few extra buck, please show me the option. :-?

The package does have the power cord.. check in the 'items included' in the package....

raj_55555

Journeyman
The package does have the power cord.. check in the 'items included' in the package....
Well maybe you are right, but technically the power cord doesn't mean the power adapter. Are you sure about this? I am pretty skeptical.

Also if that is the case, why the option to buy another adapter? :-?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
maybe your configured laptop's power requirement was higher than the default power adapter. so was asked to get a higher rated one.

far

Keep Going!
Well maybe you are right, but technically the power cord doesn't mean the power adapter. Are you sure about this? I am pretty skeptical.

Also if that is the case, why the option to buy another adapter? :-?

I guess .. you need not be worried.. There is no point just giving the 'powercord' for a laptop in your perspective... You will get an adapter for sure... :)

rockinggokul

Right off the assembly line
hello dear td forumites
i'm lookin for an upgrade to my trusty ol' aspire (dual core,1gb,160 hd)

zeroed up on Asus for the amazing VFM

got 2 models in my head :

Asus k53s... with i7-2610 , 4gb ram , 750 gb hard disk and 2gb Nvidia (not sure but guess its the 540m)
@40 k

and the other

Asus K55VM... with i7-3610qm , 8gb ram n 1tb hd with 2gb Nvidia 630m + 1 gb intel HD graphics 4000
@50k

so is the k55vm good enough for the extra 10k ?????

both come with backpack,mouse,headset..
also the dealer says the ram is upgradable for an extra 1500 to 8 gigs(for k53S )ofcourse!

so lookin for some good piece of advice.....
n also any other better suggestions (if any:wink:)

thanks already!!! :)

Ramu56

Journeyman
Guys please help me.Where can i get Windows 7 32 bit drivers for Asus K53SM-SX010D ?They CD given by them and their website contains 64 bit drivers.Please help.

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys, suggest a Laptop for my Bro.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Within 30,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
It should be reliable and good after sales support.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Net surfing, watching movies, listening to music and lots of picasa work (Basic daily usage) NO GAMING

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any standard resolution will work.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Will purchase from store.

rider

as Kratos
Hi guys, suggest a Laptop for my Bro.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Within 30,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
It should be reliable and good after sales support.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Net surfing, watching movies, listening to music and lots of picasa work (Basic daily usage) NO GAMING

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any standard resolution will work.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Will purchase from store.

Samsung NP300E5Z-A0HIN Laptop

You won't get that much good configuration in under 32k. It has 2nd gen core-i5 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 750 GB HDD and upto 7 hours battery with 1000 cycles (3x better cycles than conventional laptops).

pratik385

In the zone
Its giving around 2hrs with i7 with medium brightness so its great but ivent given much look at it. so completely happy with it. Also ive installed a clean win7 from Dell's dvd. The key i entered mentioned on the back side is invalid, whatsup with that?

rider

as Kratos
Its giving around 2hrs with i7 with medium brightness so its great but ivent given much look at it. so completely happy with it. Also ive installed a clean win7 from Dell's dvd. The key i entered mentioned on the back side is invalid, whatsup with that?

You should call Dell India and ask to them.

ankit j

Right off the assembly line
hello friends,
i wud just like to compare these 3 laptops
1.*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-20...00gb-win-7-hb-1gb-graphics/p/itmdaa2xq7jnnvch pavilion g6 2005ax)
2.AS5755G-2333G50Mnks | Product Model and
3.Buy Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop [Core i3/ 3GB/ 320GB/ 1GB NVIDIA] In Noida, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad INDIA(dell inspiron15r)
i m not a game freak do casual gaming just tell me which laptop is comparatively better...
i like to listen music nd do multimedia like to play with softwares nd in future will develop one too.. plz let me know which will be most suited for me my budget is around 35k.
i just wanna make it clear that the thing i buy shud be satisfactory...
i did'nt had amd experience before so m totally confused wid this...
all replies are most welcome...:lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all these 3 are of different price range. first decide.

1.*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-20...b-win-7-hb-1gb-graphics/p/itmdaa2xq7jnnvch(hp pavilion g6 2005ax)

great for gaming and average for other stuff.

2.AS5755G-2333G50Mnks | Product Model and

gaming performance same as above but have slightly better processor.

3.Buy Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop [Core i3/ 3GB/ 320GB/ 1GB NVIDIA

which one? there are more than 2-3 different Dell 15R config.

i m not a game freak do casual gaming just tell me which laptop is comparatively better...
i like to listen music nd do multimedia like to play with softwares nd in future will develop one too.. plz let me know which will be most suited for me my budget is around 35k.

if you are not into game and want a descent laptop, check this: HP 2000 2116TU. you get better battery life as well as better processing power and this one can run almost all games at low settings.

Top Bottom