All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
hello friends,
i wud just like to compare these 3 laptops
1.*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-20...b-win-7-hb-1gb-graphics/p/itmdaa2xq7jnnvch(hp pavilion g6 2005ax)
2.as5755g-2333g50mnks | product model and
3.buy dell inspiron 15r laptop [core i3/ 3gb/ 320gb/ 1gb nvidia] in noida, delhi, ghaziabad, gurgaon, faridabad india(dell inspiron15r)
i m not a game freak do casual gaming just tell me which laptop is comparatively better...
I like to listen music nd do multimedia like to play with softwares nd in future will develop one too.. Plz let me know which will be most suited for me my budget is around 35k.
I just wanna make it clear that the thing i buy shud be satisfactory...
I did'nt had amd experience before so m totally confused wid this...
All replies are most welcome...:lol:

hp 2000 2116tu

aroraanant

Explorer
hello friends,
i wud just like to compare these 3 laptops
1.*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-20...b-win-7-hb-1gb-graphics/p/itmdaa2xq7jnnvch(hp pavilion g6 2005ax)
2.AS5755G-2333G50Mnks | Product Model and
3.Buy Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop [Core i3/ 3GB/ 320GB/ 1GB NVIDIA] In Noida, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad INDIA(dell inspiron15r)
i m not a game freak do casual gaming just tell me which laptop is comparatively better...
i like to listen music nd do multimedia like to play with softwares nd in future will develop one too.. plz let me know which will be most suited for me my budget is around 35k.
i just wanna make it clear that the thing i buy shud be satisfactory...
i did'nt had amd experience before so m totally confused wid this...
all replies are most welcome...:lol:
None of them are good.

nikhildewan

Broken In
On this forum, last month I was recommended to buy SVE14A16FNH for my needs, but due to some reason, have not bought it yet. So today I checked out Sony site and found new launched SVS15116GNB to be even better.

Comparison : SVE14A16FNH vs SVS15116GNB

Q1) Should I consider it? Is it worth the money?
Q2) Is NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M LE GPU better than AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M ? Check out this link. Could not very well understand the rating.
Q3) Sony center guys themselves gave feedback for previous S series laptops to be as worst laptops. Would it be risky to go for the new ones?

Note : In the specs of SVS15116GNB, flash memory is shown as 750 GB (Serial ATA, 5400 rpm :lol:)... must be a typo..

gump

Broken In
Need Quick advice on buying the below HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop.

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Reasons for considering this is:

HP Brand: Brother working with HP so will get addition 12% discount from the purchase price

Games: Need to play games in Medium settings (like crysis, MP3 etc.. )

Movies and Browsing are regular use.

Do i need to buy cooling pad along with this, if so any recommended cooling pads ?

Thanks.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
On this forum, last month I was recommended to buy SVE14A16FNH for my needs, but due to some reason, have not bought it yet. So today I checked out Sony site and found new launched SVS15116GNB to be even better.

Comparison : SVE14A16FNH vs SVS15116GNB

Q1) Should I consider it? Is it worth the money?
Q2) Is NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M LE GPU better than AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M ? Check out this link. Could not very well understand the rating.
Q3) Sony center guys themselves gave feedback for previous S series laptops to be as worst laptops. Would it be risky to go for the new ones?

Note : In the specs of SVS15116GNB, flash memory is shown as 750 GB (Serial ATA, 5400 rpm :lol:)... must be a typo..

1) Depends, 14" vs 15"6. Heavier vs Lighter.

2) Yes, ~20%.

3) Source ?

And why 5400 would be a typo? Almost 99% laptops ship with 5400rpm HDDs.

techno

Evil Genius
I Have a HP Probook 14inch :oops: Laptop...Its Becoming very hot around 60 c just within 30 minitues after turning on no gaming nor movie playing or too many apps are running at the same time but it becomes hot i am worried it can damage my hardwares it dont have any vents under just a big vent on left side what to do?? plz suggest the BEST LAPTOP COOLER:-? with in 1k or 1.2k (max):|....other suggestion also be given to keep laptop cooler...........:-?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it all depends how much money you are willing to spend on a laptop. Under 35k it is unbeatable (for now). Above 35k there are lot better laptops but you'll have to spend close to 40k for those if not more.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I Have a HP Probook 14inch :oops: Laptop...Its Becoming very hot around 60 c just within 30 minitues after turning on no gaming nor movie playing or too many apps are running at the same time but it becomes hot i am worried it can damage my hardwares it dont have any vents under just a big vent on left side what to do?? plz suggest the BEST LAPTOP COOLER:-? with in 1k or 1.2k (max):|....other suggestion also be given to keep laptop cooler...........:-?

Your laptop needs servicing instead of a laptop cooler. You need to clean the all dust accumulated inside vents and other parts of laptop by opening it. Plus, reapply the thermal paste. You will notice at least 10° reduction after doing as said. If you can do it (by watching visual tutorials) then its absolutely fine, or take it to service centre.

techno

Evil Genius
Your laptop needs servicing instead of a laptop cooler. You need to clean the all dust accumulated inside vents and other parts of laptop by opening it. Plus, reapply the thermal paste. You will notice at least 10° reduction after doing as said. If you can do it (by watching visual tutorials) then its absolutely fine, or take it to service centre.

opened my laptop for the first time...by me...cleaned it self...a fan wings has accumulated a layer of dust i cleaned it and now it works 5-8°c cooler than before....is it ok????????

rider

as Kratos
opened my laptop for the first time...by me...cleaned it self...a fan wings has accumulated a layer of dust i cleaned it and now it works 5-8°c cooler than before....is it ok????????

How old is your laptop? It should be cleaned on the fan side regularly after 10-12 months. It make the difference in temperature.
Though, you cleaned now, it seems fine now.

Last edited:

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
my budget is 50 k
i want intel core i5
and lenevo only
plz suggest some laptops
also i was thinking to decide b/w ideapad y570 or z580

techno

Evil Genius
How old is your laptop? It should be cleaned on the fan side regularly after 10-12 months. It make the difference in temperature.
Though, you cleaned now, it seems fine now.

hmm, ok now i got it my laptop is 16months old....cleaned in exactly right time....:wink:

Now if possible reapply thermal paste to get best results.

ya sujay:cool: i will do it as soon as possible and many thanks to help me......:razz:

nikhildewan

Broken In
1) Depends, 14" vs 15"6. Heavier vs Lighter.

2) Yes, ~20%.

3) Source ?

And why 5400 would be a typo? Almost 99% laptops ship with 5400rpm HDDs.

Source is Sony Center employee, JP Nagar, Bangalore

And typo as in.. flash memory doesn't have mechanical parts, so its performance cannot be measured in RPM. Moreover they have shown 750GB as flash memory, which I guess is not available in market right now, so for sure it must be 750GB HDD, not SSD.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
And typo as in.. flash memory doesn't have mechanical parts, so its performance cannot be measured in RPM. Moreover they have shown 750GB as flash memory, which I guess is not available in market right now, so for sure it must be 750GB HDD, not SSD.

Of course, but where it is written as SSD ?

nikhildewan

Broken In
That's a blunder. 750GB SSD would itself 30k at least.

on the sony uk site, one has option to configure the laptop to one's need. The highest available SSD one can have is 500GB costing 975 pounds, which is 85593 rupees... even costlier than the overall cost of laptop... :-D

I have already emailed the customer care about this mistake, but no reply from them.

Top Bottom