All laptop related queries here!!!

MegaMind

Human Spambot
i3 2310 has benefits over B950 only in gaming and heavily threaded apps..

2nd Gen Dual core B950/B940 are actually Core i3 processor with HT disabled.

saswat23

Human Spambot
2nd Gen Dual core B950/B940 are actually Core i3 processor with HT disabled.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. But if Pentium Dual Cores are i3s with HT disabled, do they have Intel HD 3000 graphics or the Intel HD Graphics (of previous gen.)?

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
suggest a laptop for 30 - 40k! for internet browsing and watching movies only for a friend. She wants it to replace her desktop. She doesn't want it to be too heavy.

i am preferring dell for their after sales service. open to other options as well.

rider

as Kratos
suggest a laptop for 30 - 40k! for internet browsing and watching movies only for a friend. She wants it to replace her desktop. She doesn't want it to be too heavy.

i am preferring dell for their after sales service. open to other options as well.

As far as service, weight and for a girl is concern. I would recommend you to get
HP Pavilion g6-2009tx Notebook PC (B0P28PA). It's a ruby red colour model with windows 7, latest core-i3 and 2 GB of graphics. You would get in around 38-40k bucks.

I don't recommend you dell laptops, many people are suffering from defective and cheap material used in manufacturing like poor hard drive and screen.

VIDEO

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Get the Asus K53SM-SX010D for 40k. For this price range, nothing can beat Asus for its specs. A Dell Inspiron 15R is available too, but Asus is clearly the winner of both.
Check their comparision here: Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/1GB Graphics/ DOS Laptop vs Asus K53SM-SX010D / 2nd Gen Ci5/4 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics DOS: Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

The Asus model is better in all sense.
* Both have same CPU and amount of RAM
* Asus has 750GB HDD compared to DELL's 500GB
* Asus has GT-630M graphics where as DELL has GT-525M graphics
* And Asus Laptops also have very good service and AFAIK they run very cool unlike HP and Acer.

rider

as Kratos
Get the Asus K53SM-SX010D for 40k. For this price range, nothing can beat Asus for its specs. A Dell Inspiron 15R is available too, but Asus is clearly the winner of both.
Check their comparision here: Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/1GB Graphics/ DOS Laptop vs Asus K53SM-SX010D / 2nd Gen Ci5/4 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics DOS: Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

The Asus model is better in all sense.
* Both have same CPU and amount of RAM
* Asus has 750GB HDD compared to DELL's 500GB
* Asus has GT-630M graphics where as DELL has GT-525M graphics
* And Asus Laptops also have very good service and AFAIK they run very cool unlike HP and Acer.

Asus' hardware configuration wise is better among all but it doesn't come with windows 7.. for a genuine one he has to spend 6k more.
In hp he will get 1 year damage protection which makes the laptop insured from any kind of damage.
And hp's 2GB Radeon 7670M graphic card has better performance than nvidia GT 525M and GT 630M of dell and asus respectively.

Last edited:

im_rajya

Right off the assembly line
planning to buy this la;ppi
Asus X Series X54H-SX227D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus

Now which win7 will go with this...32 bit or 64 bit?

emanuel

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I'm looking to sell my Dell Inspiron 14R laptop. How much can I sell it for??

Specifications:
Processor 2nd generation i3 (2.3 GHz) processor
Memory 3 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive 320 GB
Video Card Intel HD graphics 3000 (for i3)
Operating System WIndows 7 Home Premium
Display 14.0" HD WLED
Warranty 1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hi,
I'm looking to sell my Dell Inspiron 14R laptop. How much can I sell it for??

Specifications:
Processor 2nd generation i3 (2.3 GHz) processor
Memory 3 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive 320 GB
Video Card Intel HD graphics 3000 (for i3)
Operating System WIndows 7 Home Premium
Display 14.0" HD WLED
Warranty 1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection
wrong thread for this. Please post queries about 2nd hand products here- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/139625-how-much-can-i-sell-my-old-stuff.html

rider

as Kratos
planning to buy this la;ppi
Asus X Series X54H-SX227D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus

Now which win7 will go with this...32 bit or 64 bit?

Since, it has 2GB RAM you should install 32bit windows 7
64bit is for 4GB and above RAM.

Top Bottom