All laptop related queries here!!!

Rover04

Right off the assembly line
1) What kind of problems ?

2) No backlit keyboard

3) No.

4) CB45 has been launched instead of CB35. Its heavy, but you can't compare an unltrabook with regular sized 15"6 notebook.

1.) xps 14z - As per the reviews, there are a lot of wifi issues, plus the build quality is not that good. Do you have any info about that? Other than that this seems like a good enough laptop.
2.) dm4-3022tx has a red backlit keyboard... that's what I read. I wanted to have a look but it's not available anywhere. Which one do you think is better.. xps 14z or dm4-3022tx(beats edition)? the latter is comparatively cheaper too
3.)-
4.)I'm only looking for 14" laptops, coz all the 15.6" ones are too heavy for my liking.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1.) xps 14z - As per the reviews, there are a lot of wifi issues, plus the build quality is not that good. Do you have any info about that? Other than that this seems like a good enough laptop.
2.) dm4-3022tx has a red backlit keyboard... that's what I read. I wanted to have a look but it's not available anywhere. Which one do you think is better.. xps 14z or dm4-3022tx(beats edition)? the latter is comparatively cheaper too
3.)-
4.)I'm only looking for 14" laptops, coz all the 15.6" ones are too heavy for my liking.

1) Can't say.

2) XPS

3) Go for it.

4) Its even heavy by 15"6 standards and has wifi issues, but not laptop problem, its the immature driver.

soham.b

Broken In
suggest a laptop within 30K. A solid laptop good build quality. i need it for my mba course which starts in june. So need a robust fast laptop with good connectivity and is long lasting. 15.6 inch screen.free dos. basic gaming would be a plus.

ajaymailed

In the zone
guyz is it true that Thinkpad laptops are most rugged machines and would outlive most other laptops despite rough handling & usage.

ajaymailed

In the zone
and is it also true that lenovo and dell service & support centers are most widespread and would be easy to get them repaired no matter where you live, i mean even in small towns. Is this the reason for Dell being market leader in the country. where does Acer, Asus & Toshiba stand on issues like ruggedness, life, service & support.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
and is it also true that lenovo and dell service & support centers are most widespread and would be easy to get them repaired no matter where you live, i mean even in small towns. Is this the reason for Dell being market leader in the country. where does Acer, Asus & Toshiba stand on issues like ruggedness, life, service & support.

50/50.

Dell has of course very good support, but lacks at some places (take it as exception though).

Thinkpad's service is handled by IBM, not by Lenovo. Can't say about service of Lenovo.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
toshiba ---> bad design. extremely poor marketing.
acer ---> everyone complains about 2 things: bad build & even more bad battery.
Asus ---> most haven't heard about it :|

Thinkpad's service is handled by IBM, not by Lenovo.

this is something new to me. really? cause Lenovo brought all shares of IBM's PC market. then why should IBM do the servicing part? strange.

im_rajya

Hi Guys,

Excited to be on this forum. Went through some threads and learnt a lot of things :)

I want to buy an economical lappi for my father. Usage will be surfing, movies, youtube, music, MS Office. Don't want OS with it, as i will install 7 later.

I liked the following 2 laptops -
Asus X54H-SX136D / Pentium Dual Core / 2 GB / 320 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Asus X Series X54H-SX227D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus

But confused as don't you think i3 will be an overkill for these mundane tasks,

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello im_rajya, welcome to TDF :)
i3 won't be overkill for your purposes, it will help in future as applications are going to be demanding day by day. Although if you're short on cash, a dual core will also do.

im_rajya

Thnx a lot :)
By buying i3, i will make my lappi future-proof. Also 4k is not a big sum

Should i buy from flipkart? Are the rated low/equivalent to local market?

soham.b

Broken In
I really want to buy P53eso101d asus laptop...but am worried about service. It has to be top notch cause i would be in mysore for my mba and laptop is essential there so good service and proper warranty cover is required. Neoteric Infomatique LTD is there in mysore. accidental damage warranty is not there i guess so changing parts wud be difficult.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thnx a lot :)
By buying i3, i will make my lappi future-proof. Also 4k is not a big sum

Should i buy from flipkart? Are the rated low/equivalent to local market?

i3 will definitely help. Flipkart is always trusty. Try your luck locally, if you find lower price, get it otherwise flipkart is always there :).

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I want to buy an economical lappi for my father. Usage will be surfing, movies, youtube, music, MS Office. Don't want OS with it, as i will install 7 later.

@Sujay, a B950 will do the job well, i3 2310M is actually a overkill for im_rajya's purpose. And 2310M is not a future-proof option over B950..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@Sujay, a B950 will do the job well, i3 2310M is actually a overkill for im_rajya's purpose. And 2310M is not a future-proof option over B950..

Technically you're right, but recently a friend of mine purchased B950 (same) lappy, and he's complaining of a bit sluggish performance while heavy browsing, while I'm using an i3 laptop which runs very well. Just confused :?

Top Bottom