All laptop related queries here!!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^i5 will be worth it IMO. Many apps depend upon CPU too no matter how much RAM you have. If you are facing budget problems, i3 will be fine.

kbar1

Journeyman
^^ Thanks for the reply. I think that settles it. BTW, is there anyone in TDF who bought an ASUS X53TA-096D [flipkart.com]? I need their opinion for a friend.

sai_ssnk

Right off the assembly line
Can anyone help me out?

I've zeroed in on Notepal L1, Notepal I300 and Notepal Ax.

I'm not too inclined about the Ax since it's not entirely meshed to allow for more air ventilation.

My lappie (Acer 5575G ) is 382 mm in length.

I300 is 370 mm in length but has a fan dial to change the speed of the fan.

L1 is 390 mm in length but has a fixed speed to work at.

The elevated position of the cooling pads is probably enough to cool the laptop for normal tasks.

Will the speed dial be of any use while gaming? I mean, once we plug in the laptop and start charging, the fan dial seems mundane as the best cooling would be provided at the highest speed of the fan. Or am I missing something here???

The dimensions of the fans are the same as well on the two pads.

Both of them have a single solid fan. The X2 which has adjustable fans can't accommodate this laptop because of its length.

So, should I take the L1? Or does the I300 perform better enough to force me to look past the difference in length ( about 10mm. I'm pretty sure it isn't gonna be a big factor cooling wise and I don't think the laptop would slip so easily..... right?)

It's my first laptop so I don't want to take any chances...........

fridayghost

Hey there friends... i am new to this forum...
My laptop's motherboard got burnt due to heavy load and overheating and it would cost me 14000 rs to get motherboard replace...
so i decided to buy a new laptop/netbook under the budget of 20,000 rs....
i have zeroed in on a laptop and two netbooks..

1. Asus X53U-SX181D Laptop (Buy Asus X53U-SX181D Laptop (Mocha Brown) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews)
2. Asus 1215B Netbook (Buy Asus 1215B Laptop (Silver) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews)
3. Acer aspire on 722 netbook (Acer.com Worldwide - Select your local country or region ... pireone722)

my last laptop was of HCL brand (Me series - B38 laptop) and my exprience with it was not at all good... performancewise it was really good but the build quality was not at all good... so please share ur experience with acer and asus...

so now am more concerned with build quality.... and i work on photoshop a lot...

so friends please help me to decide which laptop or netbook to buy... eagerly waiting for any help...

amogh

Broken In
i want to buy Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 all are saying its end of line iam from Jodhpur(Rajasthan), i want to buy this lappy asap. Please tell me from where i can buy this laptop i can buy it from any where be it be delhi, mumbai, banglore.. and what will be the cost
Thaks in advance

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Hi my cousing just boughta samsung n nc-108 netbook ...that came with dos ...but im not able to.install windows in it as it is not detecting any usb drive nor my external dvd rw but the usb is giving power to all the devices but not getting detected not even in bios..plz help me on this guys

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello Friends, a very dear friend of mine intends on purchasing a laptop which will be used for 3D modeling, vector graphics etc. :blink:

Which manufacturer(s) and model(s) would you all suggest? :unsure:

Since this is a straight-forward, small query, I did not create a special thread for it. Apologies for not doing so if expected. :ashamed:

Awaiting your replies.
:smile:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello Friends, a very dear friend of mine intends on purchasing a laptop which will be used for 3D modeling, vector graphics etc. :blink:

Which manufacturer(s) and model(s) would you all suggest? :unsure:

Since this is a straight-forward, small query, I did not create a special thread for it. Apologies for not doing so if expected. :ashamed:

Awaiting your replies.
:smile:

Create a thread by filling the questionnaire for better assistance.

Considering no budget limit, you can go for Asus N55sf - i7 + 8GB + GT555M + 1080p @ 67k. :)

prvprv

Journeyman
Hi my cousing just boughta samsung n nc-108 netbook ...that came with dos ...but im not able to.install windows in it as it is not detecting any usb drive nor my external dvd rw but the usb is giving power to all the devices but not getting detected not even in bios..plz help me on this guys

I dont know if I can post external links here. So google for "samsung n nc 108 boot from usb".
search for text "neil" and open that link :wink:

Rover04

Hi, I need your valuable advise. I have been looking to buy a laptop for quite some time now. Still haven't been able to finalize a model. My main (mandatory) requirements are :
1.) Lightweight
2.) Good graphics card (only for watching HD/3D movies by connecting the laptop with LCD tv using HDMI. I'm not much of a gamer).
3.) Backlit keyboard.
Budget - 60K
So far I have finalized 4 models, but they have their own set of problems:
1.) Dell XPS 14z - Problems : I've heard this laptop has a lot of complaints. Can someone throw some light on it?
2.) HP dm4-3022tx - Problems : Not available anywhere. Has HP discontinued this model?
3.) Lenovo U400 - Problems : No backlit keyboard (?)
4.) Sony Vaio VPCCA35FN : Problems : a little on the heavier side. I've heard Sony has discontinued this mode. Can someone confirm?

If there's any other laptop that you think is good for my requirements, please suggest that too.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1.) Dell XPS 14z - Problems : I've heard this laptop has a lot of complaints. Can someone throw some light on it?
2.) HP dm4-3022tx - Problems : Not available anywhere. Has HP discontinued this model?
3.) Lenovo U400 - Problems : No backlit keyboard (?)
4.) Sony Vaio VPCCA35FN : Problems : a little on the heavier side. I've heard Sony has discontinued this mode. Can someone confirm?

If there's any other laptop that you think is good for my requirements, please suggest that too.

1) What kind of problems ?

2) No backlit keyboard

3) No.

4) CB45 has been launched instead of CB35. Its heavy, but you can't compare an unltrabook with regular sized 15"6 notebook.

Top Bottom