All laptop related queries here!!!

rouble

Journeyman
@gamefreak4770k Check this out dude..Its one of the best in the 40k range..
Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph)

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
^^It's good laptop man but what about heating and A.S.S.
was thinking about this one

HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

betaengineers

from Lenovo Z500
which is good laptop around 50K .
i have few models in Mind :
HP pavillon G6 2304
Lenovo Ideapad Z500
Samsung NP550P5C-04
Asus K55VJSX120D.

Please Reply ... if you have any other suggestion please do comment ...

betaengineers

from Lenovo Z500
Minimum Configuration Required:
i5 3rd processor ; 6GB RAM ; 2gb Graphic ;500 gb Hard-disk
Purpose of laptop : Gaming ,Engineering Work , Entertainment .
. Price bracket around 50K (Max 60K its better if it didn't touch it )

I have some laptops in mind: (and some queries regrading it )
2) Lenovo ideapad Z500 (I have heard it has some battery issue is that correct and it has only 2hr battery backup ???)

2 )HP Pavilion G6 series 2237/2304 : (Does ATI 7670 can run crysis 2 in high sitting . I heard NVIDIA is better than ATI is it true ??)

3) Asus K55VJ-Sx120D : (Don't know anything about this laptop review needed )

and also Samsung NP550P5C - 04s but I don't think it trustworthy personally i have bad experience with Samsung mobile .If any one find it Good for money please tell me ...
Please its urgent

rouble

Journeyman
^^It's good laptop man but what about heating and A.S.S.
was thinking about this one

HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

I don't have first hand experience with Samsung A.S.S and I really don't know about overheating in them but let me tell you that Samsung is selling a lot of laptops these days and Samsung is a responsible and a very popular company as we know.They are selling by the thousands daily and is everyone facing this so called overheating issues, I don't think so.And it is the norm that people only report their bad experiences on the net so that way you are gonna hear about A.S.S and overheating issues of each and every company out there.Do a simple google search of laptop of every brand and you will know, be it Apple, be it Lenovo, be it ASUS, be it Dell, just anyone.
Personally I never liked any of the G6 models I have checked so far..All that glossy look and very simple and non impressive design, but that said I really haven't seen one physically.
Both are good for gaming, you can't go wrong with either.
Rest it is upto you, you have to use it not me.Make the best choice.

kaz

right here
My Brother needs a laptop as his 6 years old Lenovo Y500's motherboard died...
budget 40k only.....
Requirements
3rd Gen i5
ram-4gb min
hdd-500gb or above
usb 3.0 ports (2 3.0 ports will be sufficient)
He will be using it for software development purpose, watching movies, lots of net surfing and little gaming (racing and strategy)
WIn 8/7 in not required...DOS will fine....

I have suggested him to go for Samsung or HP because 2yrs extended warranty doesn't come that cheap in Dell.... No Vaio, Lenovo or Acer......

Is there any problem with the AMD's A10 processor? How it performs in comparision with 3rd gen i5?
Nvidia GT620M or AMD 7670M? Which GPU is better?

He will prefer to buy from shops at Kolkata or Flipkart.....

Please give your suggestions....

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you are talking about A10 4600M then it's slower than core i5 cpus. On the other hand HD7670M is better than GT620M.

kaz

right here
thanks for the help topgear....

I think this one is a good buy:
Samsung NP350V5X-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

anyone knows if I could customize which programs to use gpu in the AMD control panel ? Because its quite helpful feature in Nvidia's Control Panel

thanks for the help topgear....

I think this one is a good buy:
*www.flipkart.com/samsung-np350v5x-s01in-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-dos-2gb-graph/p/itmdk6ybebthyjzt?pid=COMDK6Y9NHD8H8RX&ref=38f2a77a-4558-465f-9b9d-521cca54a4c2

anyone knows if I could customize which programs to use gpu in the AMD control panel ? Because its quite helpful feature in Nvidia's Control Panel

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Yes, you can do in graphics swichting properties; which program to be launched in high performance mode (dGPU) and which in power saver mode.(IGP)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
look here :
Shop for SONY VAIO E-Series Thin & Light Laptop E14A (SVE14A15FNW) 14 inch at Reliance Digital

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
HELP ME decide urgent
HP pavilion 15 vs Lenovo g585
which has
-looks
-battery life
-performance (games, HD videos, and office work)
-less heat
I do not use need dvd writer
I will use Win8 64 bit

HP Pavilion 15-B003TU Sleekbook (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - HP: Flipkart.com

or

Lenovo G-585 Notebook 59-348629 (AMD Brazo- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Win8- AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graph) (Black Clear IMR) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ditch both and get this :
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ No OS) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
ditch both and get this :
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ No OS) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

thanks...but do u have this?
I see in comments that it has nearly no A.S.S in india for laptop, and strict viewing angle
i need a good wbcam and speakers too and build quality
I know about Fujitsu, a very well known brand (I love those Fujitsu General/ETA General - or Ogeneral AC's and have them) and i like the infinity logo and looks cool on the laptop...

Last edited:

Terabyte

In the zone
I wanted to how reliable are SSDs these days? What life expectancy do they have?
I mean is it a good idea to get Laptops coming exclusively with SSD as storage option?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
I wanted to how reliable are SSDs these days? What life expectancy do they have?
I mean is it a good idea to get Laptops coming exclusively with SSD as storage option?

Question is Obsolete, they have lesser cases of failing than mech. HDD's(most of servers use them IMO.)

It's brilliant idea to get SSD based Laptops but only problem is storage space that you will run out of.. :-D (Not to mention you may have to sell a kidney or a lung for that. :-D ;-))

Terabyte

In the zone
Question is Obsolete, they have lesser cases of failing than mech. HDD's(most of servers use them IMO.)

It's brilliant idea to get SSD based Laptops but only problem is storage space that you will run out of.. :-D (Not to mention you may have to sell a kidney or a lung for that. :-D ;-))

Thank you for answering my query.
We always have external HDDs for songs, movies etc so I ain't worried about running out of space.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Thank you for answering my query.
We always have external HDDs for songs, movies etc so I ain't worried about running out of space.

Always welcome...
If you want a SSD laptop only then you may like to buy an average laptop, pop out its HDD & get that Sleek Speed Demon.. :-D

Top Bottom