All laptop related queries here!!!

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
read on quite a lot of places that flipkart has some kind of 5% discount coupons on laptops .... need help on finding them. Suggestions please.

Red Devil

Right off the assembly line
Budget - 40k max
Use - Photo and video editing. Use of design softwares like AutoCAD, ANSYS etc.

Hows Samsung NP350V5X-S01IN?? Any idea? I couldn't find a review on this one.
Samsung NP350V5X-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

and wat abt Dell Vostro 3560?
Dell Vostro 3560 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Any better models within 40k?? Pls suggest.

I don't care abt Battery backup, Weight, Hard disk capacity, color, webcam etc. But performance, build quality, display, sound etc should be of high standard. (and of course, within 40k :) )

Please help me choose one. TIA.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^ @Red Devil - Have a look at Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Notebook ( Intel Core i5-3230M/6 GB/1 TB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com. Much better option at expense of 2-3k more. :)

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
^^ ya Lenovo is costly. plz tell me other options. not from samsung asus acer
I just want to play Mafia II @ mid settings.

Anybody reply.

Last edited:

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
The samsung one is a bit over your budget but comes with win8. So it's your choice. Configuration is same for both. BTW I am g6 user and I can advice you to go for hp one. Also win 8 is $!@it

I am planning to buy hp g6-2320 tx and knowing you owns a g6 please let me know which one you owns and are you facing any problems (heating or anything else) as of now and how is up after sales service??

If any body else too owns a hp product please let me know about the same

amtshp

Broken In
hey guys ... i am in a big dilemma now..so need a bit of help. .... i want a gaming laptop within a budget of 68k for college to atleast handle games upto nest 4 years..... so shortlisted lenevo y500... ..so got some queries about.it...

since the old model is out of stock...i wanna know about the new model of the y500 present in india..i.e. the xxxx9647.. with nvidia gt750m...and 720p screen... i heard about 750m being faster.. but 720p screen... will the display be good enuf for playing games...i mean ..i wanted the 1080p ..but it aint available anymore... so ..720p will make some difference from 1080p??? and how r the reviews of this new model of y500...

it wud be helpful... if i get some replies..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
generally speaking you want a laptop last for 4 years and that's too for gaming .. 720P resolution will at-least give you playable enough FPS after some time on newer game title without much compromise on the visuals . Here's a link on what type of performance you can espect from GT750M :
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

amtshp

Broken In
yeah u r ri8...seen the review too... so thats wat i was thinking..shud i go for the lappy y500 new version..or wait some more time..
being a laptop of future proof...i hope its worth its price...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
y500 ( new version is good ) but I personally do not like Lenovo laptops .. mostly the build quality part and HP for their after sales support. So wait a little while if you can for better options.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
y500 ( new version is good ) but I personally do not like Lenovo laptops .. mostly the build quality part and HP for their after sales support. So wait a little while if you can for better options.

These days, the build quality of Lenovo laptops has improved quite a lot. And apparently, they're trying to get near to durable tag, and even succeeding.

ankush28

Bazinga
Hey guys any experiance about lenovo After sales services and RMA please share.
I am planning to buy Lenovo Essential G580 (59-358263) in next 2-3days.
Any service centre near malad, Mumbai.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^Its fairly good, but my experience is a bit old as my friend's dvd writer failed and he had tow wait nearly a week to get that replaced.
However I have seen them to be immensely durable laptops and do make sure you have an on site warranty to make deal sweeter.

ankush28

Bazinga
^^ how can i know that online shop or reseller is giving me onsite or limited warrenty. Sorry for my noobness i dont know much about laptops

amtshp

Broken In
hey guys.. ... can u kindly tell me ...a trusted lenovo dealer shop..in kolkata or siliguri...from where i can get the lenovo y500 gt750m version...at a reasonable price.... cuz i am determined to buy this one..so need ur help plzz...

savvy

Broken In
Hello guys, i want a laptop around 40000 mainly for gaming and multimedia(it should have a good screen with decent colour saturation and contrast, resolution dosen't bothers me)... I have shortlisted the following two :
Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
Which is a better option ?? I am not sure about the samsung's screen and lenovo's availability in local market(not listed in lenovo's website)...

Top Bottom