All laptop related queries here!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GDDR5 memory....

*img547.imageshack.us/img547/2604/ssm.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Default clocks say another story..............Is my GPU faulty??

run a few benchmarks and make sure you get similar scores :
AMD Radeon HD 6770M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@TopGear
Thanks a lot for the suggestion bro....I did the tests,but could not understand a few things....I'm attaching a few pics from the result site,kindly let me know if evry thing is alright or not...Please...A lot of scores were given,I dont know which one is useful for me....

*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/716/69389489.jpg
*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/834/29872350.jpg

*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/507/99991577.jpg

In second image,I have a few concerns-My RAM shows to be operating at 667 MHz...As far as I know,they are of 1333Mhz,at least the one which came from HP...Secondly,the processor core frequency seems to be stuck at 2.7 GHz,while the 2630QM is known to go till 2.9 GHz...Are these two issues??
Note-I ran all benchmarks by turning off CoolSense,and power option at High Performance Mode.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you graphics score is excellent .. the review site got 1379 max but your's is 1627 - So I think the gpu is fine with OC in effect.

666 Mhz .. well it's DDR(3) ram and DDR stands for double data rate so 667 is actually 2x 667 Mhz or ~ 1333 Mhz.

As for the cpu have a look at this link :
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology ? On-Demand Processor Performance

Reji

Right off the assembly line
Sony vaio eseries

Was plannin to buy this sony vaio laptop

Sony VAIO Laptop E14A15 (Silver) with Laptop Bag - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com its availble for nearly 45k after discounts

had somE doubts in mind

1.HOW will being a 2nd gen i5 Varient goin to affect its general performance and grahic performnce wen compared to 3gen i5.

2.GoT clue abt Sony customer SUPPORT??

3.is it a VFM deal?

4.wat are some viable alternativ to this MODEL?

help is really appreciated as i am planning to buy this soon

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Can't I upgrade the hardware of my Laptop? Are there generic Motherboards/Graphics Cards/Processors which can fit into my laptop or I am stuck with the manufacturers configuration?

jayantr7

In the zone
I'm confused between two laptops: Lenovo Z500 and HP Pavilion m6-1103TX (Don't blame me! I know that there are better Samsung laptops in this price category, but it's not my call, as I'm not buying it for myself)
Remove the performance criteria.
Use: programming, gaming, reading, a bit of work in 3d modelling/animation softwares like Maya.
Good battery life needed (4-5 hours doing normal word like browsing, reading, watching videos)and a non-reflective/matte display is preferred.
PLEASE MENTION THE PROS AND CONS OF BOTH THE LAPTOPS. And what's the difference between m6-1102, 1103, 1104 and 1105?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't I upgrade the hardware of my Laptop? Are there generic Motherboards/Graphics Cards/Processors which can fit into my laptop or I am stuck with the manufacturers configuration?

you're stuck with what you've bought .. but you can upgrade the 1GB ram and the 120GB HDD.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Dear friends,
i wanted a good gaming laptop for hardcore gaming.
i prefer any brand and any type.
its just that the laptop must have a matte screen and keyboard with numeric keypad and backlit keyboard would be nice[not compulsion]
my budget is around 70k max
thanks for help

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Ok guys,a slight dose of interesting scoops.This is regarding HP India.
1.A new online purchasing system is to be incorporated into HP's site and will be launched within 10-15 days.It will not be as configure friendly as its US counterpart,but still it will offer configuration options like backlit kbd,increasing RAM,OS and display.
2.The new GEN dv6 will have standard 900p display,while dv7 if introduced,will have 1080p display as standard.HP is still not sure about dv7,but dv6 will have a 900p display for sure.
3.dv6 will again have powerful graphics system like the sandybridge based systems...HP currently is testing GT 730m,GT 740m and a High ENd radeon Card(unknown) with its laptops.All with 2GB DDR5 memory.
4.High END ENvy 15's and 17's will not be coming to India.
5.DV6's will finally have an improved cooling system,don't know what that improvement will be.
6.2yr warranty will be standard(on some models,probably dv6 will have it).
7.SInce the price of Haswell Processors are not out,yet insiders say that dv6's powered by next gen processors will not be cheap to buy,and will cost in between 75-80k.
8.ENvy m6's will take over Current dv6's position,and dv6 brand will be positioned a bit higher.

My source of info-My cousin brother works for HP India Sales Deptt,and is posted in B'lore.the next gen dv6 will be in market 1 month after official launch of Haswell Processors in India.A lot is depending upon pricing of intel....hp may drop a few things planned like A blu ray player to keep costs in check...

Last edited:
Dear friends,
i wanted a good gaming laptop for hardcore gaming.
i prefer any brand and any type.
its just that the laptop must have a matte screen and keyboard with numeric keypad and backlit keyboard would be nice[not compulsion]
my budget is around 70k max
thanks for help

Nothing beats lenevo y500.

Ok guys,a slight dose of interesting scoops.This is regarding HP India.
1.A new online purchasing system is to be incorporated into HP's site and will be launched within 10-15 days.It will not be as configure friendly as its US counterpart,but still it will offer configuration options like backlit kbd,increasing RAM,OS and display.
2.The new GEN dv6 will have standard 900p display,while dv7 if introduced,will have 1080p display as standard.HP is still not sure about dv7,but dv6 will have a 900p display for sure.
3.dv6 will again have powerful graphics system like the sandybridge based systems...HP currently is testing GT 730m,GT 740m and a High ENd radeon Card(unknown) with its laptops.All with 2GB DDR5 memory.
4.High END ENvy 15's and 17's will not be coming to India.
5.DV6's will finally have an improved cooling system,don't know what that improvement will be.
6.2yr warranty will be standard(on some models,probably dv6 will have it).
7.SInce the price of Haswell Processors are not out,yet insiders say that dv6's powered by next gen processors will not be cheap to buy,and will cost in between 75-80k.
8.ENvy m6's will take over Current dv6's position,and dv6 brand will be positioned a bit higher.

My source of info-My cousin brother works for HP India Sales Deptt,and is posted in B'lore.the next gen dv6 will be in market 1 month after official launch of Haswell Processors in India.A lot is depending upon pricing of intel....hp may drop a few things planned like A blu ray player to keep costs in check...

Well nice to see HP finally going beyond 7670m and 630gt.

nikufellow

In the zone
Can anybody please tell me whether an i5u (max. clock speed 2.6ghz) can match or exceed the performance of i3m (max. clock 2.5ghz). I've tried googling for benchmarks but can't arrive as a conclusion as different sites have different sets of results
Any inputs are highly appreciated

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,as my DV6 is nearing its 2nd year,I was thinking of getting myself a new laptop...My thought was boosted by my brother who will go to college this July and he's willing to use my old dv6 for a tear or two(till he gets his own single room)....Now my budget is fixed at Rs 1 Lacs.....I want a Properly premium brand with performance(except apple,as it has no service in my area)....By premium brands,I mean the likes of Envy,XPS,Alienware,etc....The focus should be on a strong processor along with a best in class Graphics System....I also know that HP is looking at giving the dv6 brand some great goodies this year,but the date of launch is still unknown.....
I am currently looking at this model-*www.compuindia.com/laptops/alienware-laptops/alienware-m14x.html...
Are there any other similar models in the price range??

.jRay.

Youngling
@op you should consider lenovo y500, awesome lappy for 20k less. Has gddr5 650m, can handle almost anything...

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I had that model in my mind.........However I'm looking for something more premium than standard run of the mill laptops....It's a great laptop anyday,but since I'm investing close to 1 lacs,I need something premium

Off topic......Why the hell has m17x gone to 1.65 lacs????Last year,it used to retail at around 1.30-1.40lacs

.jRay.

Youngling
I had that model in my mind.........However I'm looking for something more premium than standard run of the mill laptops....It's a great laptop anyday,but since I'm investing close to 1 lacs,I need something premium

Off topic......Why the hell has m17x gone to 1.65 lacs????Last year,it used to retail at around 1.30-1.40lacs

Then go to alienware.com and build your m14x, add a 2gb650m gddr5, a 1tb hdd etc, 8gb ram. The price will come close to around 1lac..

No idea about the m17x, maybe dell got greedy.:p:p

Top Bottom