All laptop related queries here!!!

Can anybody please tell me whether an i5u (max. clock speed 2.6ghz) can match or exceed the performance of i3m (max. clock 2.5ghz). I've tried googling for benchmarks but can't arrive as a conclusion as different sites have different sets of results
Any inputs are highly appreciated

i5U won't even come close.

tnny9

Broken In
hi guys,

Looking for full hd laptop (1080p) in 15 inches.
Was thinking about Lenovo Y500 or Samsung 5 Series.

Should I wait for few months or not considering intel gonna launch new set of processors next month?

Regards

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
hi guys,

Looking for full hd laptop (1080p) in 15 inches.
Was thinking about Lenovo Y500 or Samsung 5 Series.

Should I wait for few months or not considering intel gonna launch new set of processors next month?

Regards

* Lenovo ideapad y500 is a good choice
* samsung laptops have 900p only
* check Dell inspiron 17r it has 1080p

braindead

Bankaiiiii
guys please help me out in buying a new laptop for a dear friend of mine:lol:

1. Budget- less than 40( can increased a bit though)
2. Screen size 14 or less.
3. need to be on the lighter side.She will be travelling a lot:p
4. Good build quality.
5. Will be using mainly for browsing, movies, word processing etc. No gaming, not even in dreams. So you know what kind of laptop now.
6. Main thing is it should look really really good yes looks over performance.

Based on Digit's ultrabooks review in April im thinking Asus Vivobook f202eAsus F202E-CT148H VivoBook (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8) - Asus: Flipkart.com or one of sony vaio e series.

please help me impress her with my knowledge from here. :mrgreen:

Created a thread here Let me help

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^ Go for Pavilion m4 1003tx.......Its super awesome,She'll love it...Plus its got performance as well...!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
NEW GEN HP's coming...........
Guys,just bought a new HP Pavilion m4-1003tx for my dad @ 49000 from Ranchi...It has a new gen Nvidea GT730M GPU with a 2GB DDR3 memory...Specs are just mind blowing for a 14 incher+ Core i5..Will be reviewing it in detail when he comes back from his tour.
Specs
-Core™ i5-3230M (2.6 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache)
-Intel® HM77 Express
-RAM=8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
-NVIDIA GeForce 730M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)[Better than GT 645M]
-HDD=1 TB 5400 rpm
-HP TrueVision 1080p HD Webcam (NOT A 720p)
-Awesome speakers-hear them to believe,without the crappy beats audio
-4-cell Li-Ion Battery
-Weight is 1.98kgs(Measured from digital instrument)

Cons-
-Too many stickers-Core i5+Hp Premier Experience+CarePAck+Nvidia+Win8+Energy star+Epeat Silver :shock:...Thats 7 stickers on a 14 incher
-A bit thick,almost a inch.

As mentioned in last page,HP will be launching performance oriented laptops this year,and a GT 750 2 GB DDR5 for the Envy dv6 is in the works....m6 is rumoured to be coming with a GT 745M DDr3 version :clap2:

As mentioned in last page,HP will be launching performance oriented laptops this year,and a GT 750 2 GB DDR5 for the Envy dv6 is in the works....m6 is rumoured to be coming with a GT 745M DDr3 version
HP was late to kick in high gaming segment. But it seems that the patience is finally paying off. BtW I heard that the onboard graphics of intel haswell processors will be better than 650gt. Is it true?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HP was late to kick in high gaming segment. But it seems that the patience is finally paying off.

looking at how Samsung Series 5 & Lenovo Y500 are suffering from heating problems, HP's highend laptop may turn out to be the perfect way to fry your hands. their multimedia laptops with midrage GPU heat to insane temperatures. think what highend GPUs will do. and i seriously feel its time HP move to better ventilation and airflow.

BtW I heard that the onboard graphics of intel haswell processors will be better than 650gt. Is it true?

only Iris Pro will close the gap with GT650 but remember drivers have a really big part in the performance. AMD increases the final output by 10% with driver updates over shipped hardware. haswell laptops without any discrete GPU can soon become the next hot tech to own capable of playing games. but lets see how many manufacturers ship these highend i7 parts with SSD & no discrete GPU or add a GT7xx GPU to the mix.

palka

Right off the assembly line
help me make choose a laptpop

Here are my details

1) What is your budget?

Rs 30000 - 40000. ( do not want to exceed)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14", weight around 2Kg,

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: dell, lenovo, sony,
b. Dislike: Hcl, HP

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Office work, internet, basic photo editing, watching movies, music ( using earphones),

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

resolution: not much option in my budget , i guess. Type: non reflective

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

need: Good ASS, battery life: at least 3 hours, preferably much more. usb 3 is desirable, but not mandatory. looks are not important. above all: good construction,and trouble free ownership for 3 -4 years.
I am ok with online purchase ( Flipkart)

7) Shortlisted: Dell Inspiron14 ( pro: decent specs, with OS, thin, lighter. Cons: feels plasticky, reflective screen, battery life)
Dell Vostro 2420 ( pro: good specs, matte screen. Cons: thicker, battery life, no usb 3)
Thinkpad E430 ( not seen. Pro: good battery life, faster HDD. Cons: lack of indicator LEDs, without OS

For those who have the experience of using both e430 and vostro, which one would you choose any why.

Thanks for reading :)

deltamax2

hi

i am planning to buy a laptop to my cousin, he need it to run java & C# languages and also he needs to work on visual basic...

have narrowed down Samsung NP355V5C-S05IN & HP Pavilion G6-2314AX Laptop..

please help me choose the rite1...

also let me know about any other good models based on intel...budget is around 30-35K...

thanks in adv....

The samsung one is a bit over your budget but comes with win8. So it's your choice. Configuration is same for both. BTW I am g6 user and I can advice you to go for hp one. Also win 8 is $!@it

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Here are my details

1) What is your budget?

Rs 30000 max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
15.6 or 14 inch, weight is not a problem

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell (ok with others also)

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming (in whatever way possible), Office work, internet, watching movies, music ( using earphones),

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

resolution: Not much of an issue

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Need: HDMI out, discreet graphics

7) Shortlisted: 1. Dell Inspiron 15 (because it's Dell, otherwise no special standout features: 2. Lenovo Essential G580 (59-358263) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Pro, i5 with turbo boost till 3.2Ghz, negative is it has intel graphics 4000 3. HP Pavilion G6-2231TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Pro. AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7670M with 1GB DDR3 :D con, i3 processor (only a con compared to lenovo)

Please advise people, thanks in advance

Please suggest, there is such a wide range. Am completely lost

deltamax2

The samsung one is a bit over your budget but comes with win8. So it's your choice. Configuration is same for both. BTW I am g6 user and I can advice you to go for hp one. Also win 8 is $!@it

hi thanks for the advice, was not able to get HP they have stopped the model it seems ( as per dealer & not able to get it online)...
so ordered Samsung through snapdeal for 33.5K....

Top Bottom