All laptop related queries here!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Vivek Ananda - is it possible for you to format the OS partition and re-install a fresh copy of the OS or else you can try with using some linux live distro like Knoppix and check the cpu speed from there. A long time back due to corrupted OS cpu driver one of my DC cpu was showing as single core only .. a OS reinstall fixed the issue though.

sankar

Broken In
i have three dead pixel in my laptop(G6 2313AX) in the right side corner.
my laptop is just one month old. what should i do ? should i get it replaced ?

Last edited:

Niilesh

Padawan
Hey Guys what are the options available at around 30K?(VFMs)

Also IIRC some new series of CPU or GPU was gonna launch in May, which one was it? :)

Niilesh

Padawan
Give Me options in two scenarios- 1. Gaming oriented(I think it will be the HP one) 2. Casual gaming, mostly just normal multimedia(videos/songs)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Give Me options in two scenarios- 1. Gaming oriented(I think it will be the HP one) 2. Casual gaming, mostly just normal multimedia(videos/songs)

I think one which will be best of both worlds is this: *www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-13...gb-500gb-win7-hb-1gb-graph/p/itmd7ygzmytsetqk

The AMD APU will serve a fine purpose for multimedia and gaming.

saitej1691

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

30 k-35k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 15.9" screen
Resolution:WLEDorLEDor720p

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Like: Lenovo , samsung,Dell,acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook ?

1. Ms office
2. rarely running some programs
3. downloading
4. Internet Browsing, skype, online voice and text chatting.
5. If sometimes playing mid level games
6. Every Day computing

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

good screen and excellent resolution and especially very very cool for the eyes.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

1. Excellent battery life and battery backup
2.storage capacity should be more

i have selected these is it ok for my requirements??or is there any thing to suggest??pls reply as soon as possible

5050 DELL i3 1000GB HDD WIN7 15" HDD LAPTOP GRAPHIC INTEL CORE 3521 INSPIRON | eBay

Dell Inspiron 15R N5520, Intel Core i3 3rd Gen, 4GB RAM, 750gb HDD laptop | eBay

tokci

Right off the assembly line
Need help in finalizing my laptop, please advice.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Upto 50K INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus
b. Dislike: None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Heavy programming and use of app/db server such as Oracel, WAS, BPM server etc.
Watching HD movies.
Video chatting.
Listening Music.
Moderate gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
More the better, resolution should be equal to or more than 1366 x 768 Pixels.
Wide vewing angles would be nice to have.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Looking for good build quality having good resoluion, sound, keyboard, and touchpad.
Should be able to handle heavy multi tasking.

Identifed few configuration as below:
HP Pavilion G4-2049TX and Get FREE Sports Bag Pack and Additional 2 Yrs Warranty @ 2999/-
HP Pavilion Price in India | G4-2049TX Specifications, Features and Reviews

HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graphics):
HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graphics) Price in India, Review, Specs, 04 May 2013 | Valid in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore | BuyingIQ

Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graphics):
Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graphics) Price in India, Review, Specs, 04 May 2013 | Valid in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore | BuyingIQ

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graphics):
HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graphics) Price in India, Review, Specs, 04 May 2013 | Valid in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore | BuyingIQ

Please suggest otherwise if there is a better one available and help me finalize.
Also please suggest a deal which can help me extend warranty, if possible.:)

Niilesh

Padawan
I think one which will be best of both worlds is this: HP Pavilion G6-1313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

The AMD APU will serve a fine purpose for multimedia and gaming.
It looks nice(specs wise)
BTW is there any significant difference btw that A6 and A4 3300M?

HP Pavilion G6-2314AX @ 33K looks nice but it may be out of budget for my cousin :|

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Niilesh Have a look at this: AnandTech | The AMD Llano Notebook Review: Competing in the Mobile Market

Great article, explained everything in depth.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It looks nice(specs wise)
BTW is there any significant difference btw that A6 and A4 3300M?

check HP Probook 4445S for casual gaming (check my review in review section). decent mix of performance and build quality. excellent battery backup, light weight, aluminium finish, 3yr warranty. but lacks a dedicated graphics card so most recent games can only be played at mid. lastly priced at 30k.

3xxx is last gen APU. then A4 was only dualcore. current gen APU has A4 & A6 as both dualcore. Better to pick a laptop with A8/i3 than A4/A6, as processor may bottleneck the discrete graphics in case the laptop is used for hardcore gaming.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I need a help.
I noticed an issue which did nt went even after overclocking.
In my laptop,6770m is default clocked at 725/800 for Core/Memory clock.However even after playing the most demanding of games like far cry 3,battlefield 3,crysis 3 etc,GPU Z showed 725/200 as the maxm frequency.
I overclocked it to 850/950...The memory frequency maxm was still stuck at 256.5MHz.
Is there something wrong with my laptop??

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/2604/ssm.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/833/332nw.jpg
*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/811/123ys.jpg

Also,please have a look on my HDD's Temp.....Are they normal??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uninstall AFB, Uninstall and reinstall gpu driver .. this should fix the memory clock issue and try Trixx for OCing.

HDD temp is fine.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Sory but what is AFB...????I'Ve tried every single driver,and this time also,I reinstalled the drivers after uninstalling them,but of no use...Also tried trixx for overclocking....but again the same story repeats...:-(

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
GDDR5 memory....

*img547.imageshack.us/img547/2604/ssm.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Default clocks say another story..............Is my GPU faulty??

Top Bottom