All laptop related queries here!!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Hi! I want to buy a laptop in the range of 30,000/- to 35,000/-. Should I opt for i3 with more bells and whistles or an entry level i5 laptop would suffice? My requirements are: MS Office, programming in vb and c+, Photoshop, casual gaming, surfing, music (I have a real big collection), videos.

Help me out guys...
Have a look at Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN, this laptop is good for everything except hardcore gaming.

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
@writealexthomas

Look out for HP G6 2005AX.It has amd a8-4500m which is inline with intel i3 2310m when it comes to processing speed.
It has hd7670m as graphics which is good for gaming and other works.
AMD apu and hd7670m use OpenCL acceleration in applications like adobe photoshop 6 which would be much faster than i5 3rd gen with hd4000.

For i5 based systems look out for Lenovo G580 (59-324061) @33k or Samsung NP300E5X-S01IN @36k.
Samsung has more storage(750GB compared to 500GB of g580).G580 has usb3.0 ports while Samsung NP300E5X-S01IN doesn't.

Been hearing a lot about the quality issues in Lenovo laptops. G580 seems to be a very good laptop but I have apprehensions about it. HP G6 2005AX is a wonderful AMD based laptop too with moderate gaming capability. Drawback is that it has got battery backup of just around 3 hrs. That leaves Dell Inspiron. Within the budget of 30-35000/- we can only get core i3 based laptop. Battery is good.
Overall scene is:
HP G6 2005AX - AMD based (equals core i3) . Good overall with decent graphic card. Battery issue.
Lenovo G580 - Core i5 based. Battery issue. Hardware reputation
Dell inspiron 14 - Good overall. Core i3 based.

Main kya karun??

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
@writealexthomas If you want core-i5, 4GB, 500 GB laptop get HP 2000 Series 2124TU for 35k approx

HP 2000 series & HP Pavilion G6-2005AX both have very less battery backup. Max about 2.5 to 3 hours! Other than that everything is fine.
Dell Inspiron 14R, 15R are good but way overpriced and many guys created doubts in my mind about quality of Lenovo lappys..

Abhii1902

Broken In
Suggest me the best HP probook below 38k also my friends are saying that HP probook will get a price cut till the end of October is it right people?????

kap

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
I'm looking for under 25K laptop with best performance. I couldn't find a separate thread for under 25K laptops so posting this here. Could you guys plz help. The computer will be used by my 11 year old niece. I searched on the net and found Lenevo G570 to be satisfying the criteria but there are too many variants of this, some with B950 processor some with B960 dual core, and some with 500GB HD some with 320 GB HD,so it really confused me. Just need 3-4 best performing laptops in this range so that I can compare.

One more thing I live in Delhi. Which would be the best place to buy.... online or Nehru place?

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) :- 25K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? :- at least 14 inches

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?:- Not really matters

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?:- surfing and some MS office stuff

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?:- I'm not aware of "type" but looking for best display in the budget range.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish):- at least 2nd generation Dual core

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Hi guys,
I'm looking for under 25K laptop with best performance. I couldn't find a separate thread for under 25K laptops so posting this here. Could you guys plz help. The computer will be used by my 11 year old niece. I searched on the net and found Lenevo G570 to be satisfying the criteria but there are too many variants of this, some with B950 processor some with B950 dual core, and some with 500GB HD some with 320 GB HD,so it really confused me. Just need 3-4 best performing laptops in this range so that I can compare.

One more thing I live in Delhi. Which would be the best place to buy.... online or Nehru place?

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) :- 25K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? :- at least 14 inches

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?:- Not really matters

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?:- surfing and some MS office stuff

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?:- I'm not aware of "type" but looking for best display in the budget range.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish):- at least 2nd generation Dual core

Thanks in advance

this one will be best for you... Samsung NP300E4Z-A06IN 2nd PDC /2GB /320GB /DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook
its a dual core 2nd generation just add some more ram as suggested by sujay and your good its 22k online on fk you can buy from anywhere online or local stores!!

Last edited:

kap

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks to be a better bet than lenevo g570. Quite surprised to see HDMI port at 22K. BTW r there any laptop in this range with usb3.0.

rider

as Kratos
HP 2000 series & HP Pavilion G6-2005AX both have very less battery backup. Max about 2.5 to 3 hours! Other than that everything is fine.
Dell Inspiron 14R, 15R are good but way overpriced and many guys created doubts in my mind about quality of Lenovo lappys..

may be read the wrong specs about battery, hp laptops outperforms more than 4 hours in power saving mode. When my core-i7 laptop was new I use to get 4 hours easily and these new generation laptops are better in battery performance, so I'm sure you will get more than 4 hours of battery, ask more about battery life in G6-2005AX discussion thread. Please avoid Dell Inspiron 14R it is with old 2nd gen core-i3 in your budget, truly overpriced.

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is a Asus A53 series laptop available at 26K. It comes with Dual Core B960 + 2 GB + 500 GB + 1 GB GT 520 DDR3 + USB 3.0. I got this 1 month back for my bro and it has superior build quality and battery backup (more than 4 Hrs in Entertainment Mode, 3.2 Hrs+ in high performance mode) than any other laptops in that range. Games like Mass Effect 1 and 2, COD series, Alan Wake can also be playable at mid setting. You also get Nvidia Optimus switchable Gfx here which can increase battery life.

rider

as Kratos
Suggest me the best HP probook below 38k also my friends are saying that HP probook will get a price cut till the end of October is it right people?????

HP 4430s ProBook (2nd Gen Core i5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

It comes with 1 Year Accidental Damage Protection and weighs just 2 kg.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

5hrs is possible if you use laptop under light load and spend sometime tweaking the settings. on default setting, the backup is low. under load or max brightness it'll be 2-2.5hrs for any laptop unless the battery is 56-65Whr+ or so.

Saakaar

5hrs is possible if you use laptop under light load and spend sometime tweaking the settings. on default setting, the backup is low. under load or max brightness it'll be 2-2.5hrs for any laptop unless the battery is 56-65Whr+ or so.

I'll second that. This laptop gives me about 5 to 6 hours backup easily if I keep the settings low. Of course I cannot run any heavy stuff. Surfing is no problem. It still gives over 5 hours. If you are just reading some pdf or something , it can give close to 7 hours backup. I've had that once. Just be sure to keep power play on with maximum battery backup when on battery and brightness set to low. Believe me you will only feel dark for a while , after that your eyes adjust to that and it feels ok. In fact normal brightness then seems like high. Its just about getting used to.

rider

as Kratos
I'll second that. This laptop gives me about 5 to 6 hours backup easily if I keep the settings low. Of course I cannot run any heavy stuff. Surfing is no problem. It still gives over 5 hours. If you are just reading some pdf or something , it can give close to 7 hours backup. I've had that once. Just be sure to keep power play on with maximum battery backup when on battery and brightness set to low. Believe me you will only feel dark for a while , after that your eyes adjust to that and it feels ok. In fact normal brightness then seems like high. Its just about getting used to.
That sounds incredible device by hp.

animatix

Hi guys...I'm an animator by profession and I'm planning to buy a laptop. Mostly will be working in photoshop and maya software. I'm considering dell15r special edition. Is it a right choice or not or is there any better option? please suggest

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi guys...I'm an animator by profession and I'm planning to buy a laptop. Mostly will be working in photoshop and maya software. I'm considering dell15r special edition. Is it a right choice or not or is there any better option? please suggest

Best option, if taken with 1080p. If you can compromise with screen, have a look at Samsung n550p, i5 @ 49k, i7 @ ~58k, both with much better GPU (650M).

vkl

Cyborg Agent

Dell inspiron 15r SE with GCN based radeon hd7730m would be faster in Maya viewport rendering than gt650m though in Photoshop both the cards would perform well.
Adobe Photoshop 6 supports OpenCL which is also well supported by GCN cards.
In gaming hd7730m is somewhat slower than gt650m.

arayman

Broken In
Dear experts, please advise is 1080 p (Full HD) display in notebook of some utility in day to day usage. I mean would FHD make some visible difference in viewing while internet browsing or using other programs. I am confused as the price difference between HD and FHD is steep. I have not seen full HD and HD demo back to back. So cannot make any assessment. Kindly assist. Thanks.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Dear experts, please advise is 1080 p (Full HD) display in notebook of some utility in day to day usage. I mean would FHD make some visible difference in viewing while internet browsing or using other programs. I am confused as the price difference between HD and FHD is steep. I have not seen full HD and HD demo back to back. So cannot make any assessment. Kindly assist. Thanks.

Although FHD is noticeable in all sort of uses, be it apps, games, or movies (at best), some people can't notice it (its a fact :|). Even the desktop looks totally different. It gives you more work area to play around. I'll say buy only after hands on experience.

rider

as Kratos
Full HD display is good for watching 1080p movies and for better editing work. It also produces higher pixel density which makes display quality sharper and better than a normal HD laptop. I would suggest you to go to dell laptop showroom and compare display quality of dell inspiron 15R laptops.

dan4u

Took Off!!!

FHD displays can make Internet browsing difficult for some, it makes characters appear smaller in certain websites, you have to zoom in to read without straining your eyes. On the other hand, pictures and movies will look amazing (i.e only if the movie is of 1080p)

Top Bottom