All laptop related queries here!!!

pratyush997

Inactive
There is an option to increase font size in CTRL panel......
This is cool deal...HP Pavilion 2137TX Laptop 2 Gen Core i3/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB (64-bit)/2GB Graphics | eBay

blitz133w

Right off the assembly line
Need your help guys. Planning to buy a laptop within this month.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) :- 40k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? :- 15.6inches or more

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?:- No

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?:- lots of surfing,lots of movies and lots of gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?:- Don't have much idea about resolution or the type. Generally accepted resolution would do

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish):- Would purchase it locally if i get it cheaper. Graphic card is a must. Preferebly 7670 or 630M or anything that can play latest games in medium settings.Core i5 is necessary.OS not necessary

The ones i have short listed are

1.)HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph)( if i get it for 40k)
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

2.)Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph)
Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

If you guys can suggest any other models,i'll look into it. How much difference does a 2nd gen i5 and 3rd gen i5 make?
Also, can anyone shed light on how good is ASUS? It seems the best option for me but am skeptical about the brand. I don't know anyone who owns as ASUS so need some reviews.

rider

as Kratos
@blitz133w HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
This one is the best option for you as it comes with pre loaded windows 7 64 bit (can be upgraded to windows 8 pro for rs. 699 special offer by microsoft) much better battery life, weighs lighter, much better graphic card HD 7670M > GT 630M, better LED panel AFAIK asus k53 series has worse screen than hp laptop and also hp has incredible after sales support as it comes with 2 years onsite warranty (1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Onsite Extended Warranty).

drbones

hello everyone, i m new to this forum. i m planning to buy a laptop. need your help and suggestions to shortlist one.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30-35 K INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
none in particular

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
mostly browsing, powerpoint presentations, watching HD movies, gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
whatever is best suited to my requirement

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hello everyone, i m new to this forum. i m planning to buy a laptop. need your help and suggestions to shortlist one.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30-35 K INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
none in particular

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
mostly browsing, powerpoint presentations, watching HD movies, gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
whatever is best suited to my requirement

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Welcome to TDF :)

Have a look at HP G6-2005ax for perfect blend of a HTPC and gaming.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Hi guys...I'm an animator by profession and I'm planning to buy a laptop. Mostly will be working in photoshop and maya software. I'm considering dell15r special edition. Is it a right choice or not or is there any better option? please suggest

Go For Mac.. In animation,special effect, nothing can be compared to macs. And please quote your budget.

blitz133w

@blitz133w HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
This one is the best option for you as it comes with pre loaded windows 7 64 bit (can be upgraded to windows 8 pro for rs. 699 special offer by microsoft) much better battery life, weighs lighter, much better graphic card HD 7670M > GT 630M, better LED panel AFAIK asus k53 series has worse screen than hp laptop and also hp has incredible after sales support as it comes with 2 years onsite warranty (1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Onsite Extended Warranty).

Blitz133w: go with laptop rider suggested. Why you are you confused?

Thanks guys. The only thing bugging me a lot is the arrow keys of HP. Who came up with that idea i don't know. and am not sure if i can manage to get that for 40k. I'll surely buy it if i get it for my budget. :-D

rider

as Kratos
Thanks guys. The only thing bugging me a lot is the arrow keys of HP. Who came up with that idea i don't know. and am not sure if i can manage to get that for 40k. I'll surely buy it if i get it for my budget. :-D

The arrow keys are fine. I also thought its weird but practically after using 10 months, I never thought of this issue. It's cool to up and down the arrow keys with upper index finger distal phalange. I think they inspired it from apple macbook pro's arrow keys. Check spoiler.
*3.bp.blogspot.com/-X88_zKBZ9iY/TafTUSvLkxI/AAAAAAAAC2k/3SpA2dyEgZI/s1600/macbook-pro-keyboard.jpg
And check local shops for purchasing HP Pavilion G6-2016TX, you might get it for 42k.

vikrraal

Broken In
Hi ..
sorry to bother u again!!!!!:oops:
but my new samsung NP550-P5c-S01IN is showing temperature 55-58 degree celcius all the time in normal usage like net surfing and music playing......
is it ok or bad for my notebook ???????
if bad :cry: den suggest me what to do as it has only 20days passed after i bought this,,,,??
and very strange is dat some kind plastic smell comes out all the time after some time usage of my notebook......:-o don't know what's the smell?
plzz plz advice me whether i'm thinking too much or i should take some serious steps right now :oops:??

rider

as Kratos
Hi ..
sorry to bother u again!!!!!:oops:
but my new samsung NP550-P5c-S01IN is showing temperature 55-58 degree celcius all the time in normal usage like net surfing and music playing......
is it ok or bad for my notebook ???????
if bad :cry: den suggest me what to do as it has only 20days passed after i bought this,,,,??
and very strange is dat some kind plastic smell comes out all the time after some time usage of my notebook......:-o don't know what's the smell?
plzz plz advice me whether i'm thinking too much or i should take some serious steps right now :oops:??

55-58 degree celsius temperature in general use is not normal for core-i5. My hp dv6 remains 43-45*C while watching movies or surfing net. Check out new dell inspiron 15r speical edition. It is cooler than samsung but its HD 7730M has not as great graphic performance as GT 650M.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
which software you used to measure these temperatures? and have you used any profile creating or fan control software? they may interfere with fan speed and lead to heating problem.

arayman

Broken In
Although FHD is noticeable in all sort of uses, be it apps, games, or movies (at best), some people can't notice it (its a fact :|). Even the desktop looks totally different. It gives you more work area to play around. I'll say buy only after hands on experience.

I fully endorse your point. Yesterday I saw one FHD notebook with one of my business associate. I came to know its FHD only after I inquired. Yes, they are good if your main objective is to watch fullHD movie. But how many can be watch on regular basis. I don't feel to go for FHD as for now. Thanks for your suggestion.

FHD displays can make Internet browsing difficult for some, it makes characters appear smaller in certain websites, you have to zoom in to read without straining your eyes. On the other hand, pictures and movies will look amazing (i.e only if the movie is of 1080p)

Thanks for the insightful answer. I was totally ignorant about this issue in FHD.

Full HD display is good for watching 1080p movies and for better editing work. It also produces higher pixel density which makes display quality sharper and better than a normal HD laptop. I would suggest you to go to dell laptop showroom and compare display quality of dell inspiron 15R laptops.

Thanks Rider, for your suggestion. I checked one FHD laptop of a client, now I have dropped my plans, as you were right they are good for only watching FHD movies and editing. Although they are futuristic, as recently I came across a european sony website they were offering most of the model in FHD as standard feature and with 16.4 inch screen and priced reasonably (1 CHF = Rs.58). But they compromised in processor they all are in 2nd gen (der zweiten Generation) intel.

*www.sony.ch/lang/de/compare/vaio-laptops/F-Series

Still I feel at present FHD is overpriced in India.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks for the insightful answer. I was totally ignorant about this issue in FHD.

Not an issue actually, but "effect" of FHD. As much you crank up the resolution, things will obviously go smaller. How the big deal is to zoom/increase size? Plus, you won't need do it in every site, rather only where its required.

I checked one FHD laptop of a client, now I have dropped my plans, as you were right they are good for only watching FHD movies and editing. Although they are futuristic, as recently I came across a european sony website they were offering most of the model in FHD as standard feature and with 16.4 inch screen and priced reasonably (1 CHF = Rs.58). But they compromised in processor they all are in 2nd gen (der zweiten Generation) intel.

Vergleichen Sie unsere VAIO Notebooks, und finden Sie heraus, welches am besten zu Ihnen passt. | Sony

Still I feel at present FHD is overpriced in India.

Yeah, they're are. Plus, 2nd gen over 3rd gen is not a big compromise. They're neck to neck. 3rd gen excels only in iGPU, as HD4000 > HD3000 by more than 50%. So if you have got a dGPU > HD4000 or when the GPU is not a requirement, 3rd gen doesn't matters.

Top Bottom