All laptop related queries here!!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have decided to buy Lenovo Z Series Z580 (59-333651). A lenovo reseller said me the price is 37.5k (with gifts like Backpack,wired mouse,headphone). I don't wanna a headphone.So is the price is right? What things should be checked when buying a lapotop from a store ? Cause i've heard things like that some shops change the RAM or something.Give me some advice.

Get Lenovo G580.

pratik385

In the zone
Its been thrice in last week my Laptop freezed during gameplay(F12011) and then crashing whole Windows OS, so yesterday i called up Dell customer care at around 8.30pm. I told him that Laptop is heating up quite lot during gaming. My right click button on trackpad wasn't working after my nephew spilled milk on it, customer care guy agreed to fix that too. He fixed a techie for me. I didnt activate my win7 key so he gave me Master key too for my product license. Today morning at 10 am i got call from the Dell techie and he will be coming today at 5pm with MB, heat sinc, exhaust, track pad and cleaning kit too...

Hope the problem is fixed!
warranty expires in 2014 :D

terrafield

Broken In
I have basic query, please forgive my ignorance

Nowadays, HP or Dell not giving Windows 7 DVD and it seems we have to backup ourselves. Now if I go for any ultrabook which doesn't have any DVD Drive then I'm not sure how can I take backup. If anything goes wrong how will I reinstall Windows 7 without DVD drive

Could anyone please answer my query?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Why? Is G580 better than Z580? Please reply.

Its good if you don't want to game, if game Z580. But if you really want to game, just increase your budget by 3k, and get Samsung 550p. Here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159661-samsung-series-5-550p-laptops-thread.html

Much much better than every option out there.

I have basic query, please forgive my ignorance

Nowadays, HP or Dell not giving Windows 7 DVD and it seems we have to backup ourselves. Now if I go for any ultrabook which doesn't have any DVD Drive then I'm not sure how can I take backup. If anything goes wrong how will I reinstall Windows 7 without DVD drive

Could anyone please answer my query?

There's a serial key printed below laptop. Use it to install with any setup of 7, and it will just do fine. :)

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@FINEMAN
If you want to game then have a look at HP Pavilion G6-2006TX.
Has i5 2nd gen and hd7670m.
It was suggested by Sam in one of the threads.
HD7670m is a bit better than gt630m.

The z580 you are talking about comes with 2nd gen i3 and gt630m.
The hp g62005ax with amd a8 and hd7670m is also a good option.
Its processor is comparable to the i3 in the lenovo but has better graphics than lenovo z580.

If you wont game then g580 is a good option as suggested by dashing.sujay.

FINEMAN

Broken In
@dashing.sujay & vkl
Thanks for ur help.I will play game little bit.But i will go for Lenovo Z580 cause i think i have liked it. And lenovo offers 2years of extended warranty for college students, since i am a student hope that i am eligble for the offer.
And i want help from you guys ( of course others also), what things should be checked when anyone buy a laptop from a store. And is the price right? Thanks in advance.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Just check the model no for sure as local shopkeeper sometime get confused b/w G580 or Z580 (yeah, I have experienced it). Plus accept it sealed pack.

pratik385

In the zone
Its been thrice in last week my Laptop freezed during gameplay(F12011) and then crashing whole Windows OS, so yesterday i called up Dell customer care at around 8.30pm. I told him that Laptop is heating up quite lot during gaming. My right click button on trackpad wasn't working after my nephew spilled milk on it, customer care guy agreed to fix that too. He fixed a techie for me. I didnt activate my win7 key so he gave me Master key too for my product license. Today morning at 10 am i got call from the Dell techie and he will be coming today at 5pm with MB, heat sinc, exhaust, track pad and cleaning kit too...

Hope the problem is fixed!
warranty expires in 2014 :D

Yeah problem fixed! :)
Laptop is not heating much now, can play games contd...

Funny

Broken In
Guys my lappy came with Win7HP pre-installed. I have seen many users re-installing it. Do I need to re-install it? As in Fresh Installation? Would it make any perfomance changes like speed increase or similar? If yes, can it be done through recovery disc?

utkarsh73

Journeyman
As suggested by rider few weeks back, I have finalized on Dell New Inspiron 15R with 3rd Gen core i5, 4GB, 500GB, AMD Radeon HD7670 1GB and free DOS available locally for 43,500 along with some free goodies. Please confirm my choice and suggest a better alternative if any. I will be buying it latest by coming Monday.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@utkarsh73

HP Pavilion G6-2006TX at 41k is a nice option.
Has 2nd gen i5.
Comes with the same gpu and contains preinstalled windows7.

dev6187

Right off the assembly line
hi, friends
Can u guys help me out for buying laptop. My budget is between 40,000-57,000.
Configuration
i5 & i7 Processor
4-6 GB RAM
500-1000 GB
1-2GB Graphics Card
Backlit Keyboard
14-15" Screen HD
Blu-ray

Please, somebody help me on this.

Thanks in Advance

rider

as Kratos
As suggested by rider few weeks back, I have finalized on Dell New Inspiron 15R with 3rd Gen core i5, 4GB, 500GB, AMD Radeon HD7670 1GB and free DOS available locally for 43,500 along with some free goodies. Please confirm my choice and suggest a better alternative if any. I will be buying it latest by coming Monday.

Better to buy HP Pavilion G6-2016TX

It comes with 3rd gen core-i5 and genuine windows7 64 bit

And if you like AMD quad core trinity laptop take a look on HP G6 2005AX too, it has better gaming performance.

Last edited:

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Guys my lappy came with Win7HP pre-installed. I have seen many users re-installing it. Do I need to re-install it? As in Fresh Installation? Would it make any perfomance changes like speed increase or similar? If yes, can it be done through recovery disc?

Well, you can uninstall all the bloatware/crapware, run CCleaner and your lappy will be (most probably) fine. I don't think your performance is going to improve by a fresh install of Windows on a brand new lappy. Reinstall it every 6 months or so.

Funny

Broken In
Well I just read at 7forums that fresh-install is not needed if the system has a powerful processor and more memory. Just need to uninstall the unwanted softwares then :D

rider

as Kratos
Reinstalling windows is complete waste of time, and formatting partition again and again worse HDD health. Some bloatwares are useful and others who you think craps can be uninstalled by CCleaner easily.

Well I just read at 7forums that fresh-install is not needed if the system has a powerful processor and more memory. Just need to uninstall the unwanted softwares then :D

Absolutely right, i also said many times in forums too.

debanjan24x7

Right off the assembly line
which of these two laptops, is a better choice for gaming?

Inspiron 14R Special Edition-

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
4GB3 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M DDR3 2GB

OR

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (Please check the specs in Lenovo's website)
or check it here Laptop PCs - IdeaPad Y Series by | Lenovo | (IN)

Top Bottom