All laptop related queries here!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
45k :shock::shock: on which laptop?

Max Payne 3 is definitely not a CPU hog. So that boils down to the kind of GPU the laptop has. Under 40k, HD7670M is the fastest GPU you can find and that too only in the HP. If HD7670M can't handle MP3, you'll need GT640M or equivalent GPU from Red Team (7730M or better) and laptops with that kind of GPU will cost you >45k. Dell Inspiron have GT640M i think. Will have to check but the asking price is 45k.

i seriously doubt this one would play max payne.

Check notebookcheck for Max Payne 3 benchmark and at the last part is comparison of various GPUs and the FPS they offer. That will clear your doubt.

Why? I think the ATI Radeon 7670M should be able to run at med-low atleast :)

yes 7670M will handle any game at low-mid settings. At least handles BF3 at low settings. Mp3 will be easily handled. But he was too paranoid.

Inspiron 15R SE 50k. Not sure if Acer has any cheaper model with somewhat similar config. So if HP 2005AX can't run MP3, get ready to spend 50k :grin:

vds5344

Broken In
how does it compare to 640m kepler?

50k I'm dead :'( btw i still want a future proof machine. A good gpu. Time to beg parents. My father is an ex armyman so it might give some discount. ? Help would be appreciated.

rahul17732

Broken In
Friends,
I want to purchase a laptop so please suggest me some...

price limit-43000 Rs
screen size- 14" to 15.6"(15.6" will be better)

Brands- Hp/asus/samsung
Tasks to be performed-
Somewhat gaming(like crysis,MAX Payne3).. HD movies.. Browsing..

looks- should be good looking...

Last edited:

vds5344

Broken In
gt 640 would cost fortune! Time to wait for prices to go down and save a few bucks

also i feel after seeing benchmarks atleast a 650m is required for decent results. 630m is just not too good comparing to hd 4000
650m come to a 50k mark I'll wait :)

rohitruls

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy Dell Inspiron 15R or 17R Special Edition. :confused:
I will be Using it For College Purpose and Gaming too.

15R SE Config
Cost = ($1077)

17R SE Config
Cost = ($1077)

I have a few doubts.

1. Does 15R SE come with a Full Keyboard with the Numeric Pad?

2. The 17R SE does not have a Blu Ray reader in the model I am looking for. So will that be required?

3. Another Major Difference Between the two is The Graphics Card.

15R SE - AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB
17R SE - Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB

I want to Buy 15R SE as 17R SE will be kinda Big for College Use.
But the only thing Stopping me is from buying 15R SE is that I read Somewhere that the "Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB" in 17R SE is better than AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB. :hissyfit:

4. Also Should I consider Buying a HP Pavilion dv6-7014nr?? > Cost = $1099
How is it when compared to the Dell Inspiron 15r/17r Special Edition??

Kindly Drop In Your Suggestion Please.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Hey Guys..... New to the forum.... :|
Same question..... want A LAPTOP :wink:

Now wht I have is a budget of odd 45K .... and I would lyk to reserve some cash for accesories :greedy: say 5K.

I had done some market search and a month back lockedon to Lenovo Ideapad Y570 costing 50K but the problem was avg battery backup.

Then come IVY ...and game changed.

I was a die hard gamer couple of yeras back..but now working professional.... so gaming is quite low... but want to get a gaming one. A decent battery eater and offocurse performance beast.

Lastly I had a doubt: Nvidia GT series superseed Radeon on avg. Plz enlighten me.

PS: I worship Intel not AMD :mrgreen:

rider

as Kratos
@sakii This year new laptops are coming with more nvidia option, and nvidia vs radeon depends on price range. In your budget its better to a radeon gpu, buy new dell inspiron normal version. Powered by new 3rd gen intel core-i5, Radeon HD 7670M, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD.
Keep in mind hd 7670m is better than nvidia gt 630m.

@rohitruls as i said hp dv6-7014nr is the best invyour budget, it has better gpu than inspiron 15se. 17se has same conf but a pain for the coolege use its very bulky and heavy. hp model is the best choice for you, it weighs about two and half kg and has awesome 1080p display, also it has better build quality than dell inspirons.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
what is GREY MARKET, i was looking for a laptop in 42k and one of the dealer told me
that if i want best laptop, better buy from GREY MARKET :-?

what is it? he said i would get an 60K laptop for 35k, is it true? :-? can someone tell me what is it? are those products are from chinese companies? :-?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

Wikipedia]says this-
A grey market or gray market, also known as parallel market,[1] is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer. The term gray economy, however, refers to workers being paid under the table, without paying income taxes or contributing to such public services as Social Security and Medicare.[2] It is sometimes referred to as the underground economy or "hidden economy."

The two main types of grey market are imported manufactured goods that would normally be unavailable or more expensive in a certain country and unissued securities that are not yet traded in official markets. Sometimes the term dark market is used to describe secretive, unregulated (though often technically legal) trading in commodity futures, notably crude oil in 2008.[3] This can be considered a third type of "grey market" since it is legal, yet unregulated, and probably not intended or explicitly authorized by oil producers.
Grey-market goods refer to "legal goods" which are sold outside normal distribution channels by companies which may have no relationship with the producer of the goods. Frequently this form of parallel import occurs when the price of an item is significantly higher in one country than another. This situation commonly occurs with electronic equipment such as cameras. Entrepreneurs buy the product where it is available cheaply, often at retail but sometimes at wholesale, and import it legally to the target market. They then sell it at a price high enough to provide a profit but under the normal market price. International efforts to promote free trade, including reduced tariffs and harmonized national standards, facilitate this form of arbitrage whenever manufacturers attempt to preserve highly disparate pricing. Because of the nature of grey markets, it is difficult or impossible to track the precise numbers of grey-market sales. Grey-market goods are often new, but some grey market goods are used goods. A market in used goods is sometimes nicknamed a Green Market.

Importing certain legally restricted items such as prescription drugs or firearms would be categorized as black market, as would smuggling the goods into the target country to avoid import duties. A related concept is bootlegging, the smuggling or transport of highly regulated goods, especially alcoholic beverages. The term "bootlegging" is also often applied to the production or distribution of counterfeit or otherwise infringing goods. Grey markets can sometimes develop for select video game consoles and titles whose demand temporarily outstrips supply and the local shops run out of stock, this happens especially during the holiday season. Other popular items, such as dolls can also be affected. In such situations the grey market price may be considerably higher than the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Online auction sites such as eBay have contributed to the emergence of the video game grey market.

vds5344

Broken In
grey market :( not for hard earned money. Never buy it!

once i was fooled. People beware is all can say!
Don't wanna tell details how was i fooled!

vds5344

Broken In
ok i bought 5 games cd's a headphone in hyderabad in some bazaar like that in rs 300
it was some monster packing.
When i checked, cd's were corrupt and the earphones were Chinese dummy with original like covers. :(

RON28

Cyborg Agent
ok i bought 5 games cd's a headphone in hyderabad in some bazaar like that in rs 300
it was some monster packing.
When i checked, cd's were corrupt and the earphones were Chinese dummy with original like covers. :(

just now read about GREY MARKET PRODUCTS on google, i will never purchase anything from grey market :shock:

Top Bottom