All About Wordpress - Themes, Plugins, Tips and Tweaks

Do you have a Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Instead of going through all these hassles, try one thing. In the WP dashboard of your old blog, there is an option Tools->Export. That will export all your posts to an XML file that you can save on your PC. Next, install WP on your new blog like you normally would. Now login to the dashboard of your new blog and select Tools->Import. Import the XML file that you saved earlier. It will also download all your images from the old blog to your new one.

I tried it when I moved from Wordpress.com to a separate host.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Instead of going through all these hassles, try one thing. In the WP dashboard of your old blog, there is an option Tools->Export. That will export all your posts to an XML file that you can save on your PC. Next, install WP on your new blog like you normally would. Now login to the dashboard of your new blog and select Tools->Import. Import the XML file that you saved earlier. It will also download all your images from the old blog to your new one.

I tried it when I moved from Wordpress.com to a separate host.
This can work ..................

Or you can request you host:
Remove limitation of one domain name from your account......... transfer your account completely (all 3 domain names)... now delete 2 domain names from your account and put back 1 domain name limitation. This can be easiest :)

Rest depend on how your host is helpful.

appu

Knowledge Nomad
i just tried again but still i getting problems.....
my traffic is suffering a lot from this can anyone help me out with this prob.....
i can provide all support possible.

plz just help me solve this prob

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I have moved several WP blogs over my localhost and production server and I really don't think that this is any file permission issue. Possibly, the ABSPATH has been hard-coded instead of calculating at runtime. I think you used some caching extension right? Disable it. Perhaps it doesn't know that you have changed hosts.

appu

Knowledge Nomad
i had installed wp cache plugin.
have deleted it yet have that permission error.
if i need to edit certain settings for a plugin say global translator then i have to make wpcontent writable and then the plugin folder writeable.....then i can edit any settings in it.

traffic was normal til i was on the older host but after shifting its been dropping itself...

@victor_rambo
can u check my wordpress installation for me......it would be really gr8 coz i just cant figure it out whats wrong wit it.

Bump
I dont know how, but I lost all my categories and tags :|*img195.imageshack.us/img195/6905/34205432.th.jpg
What happened?
Please help :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom