Akash tablet project nearly-dead because of corruption?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Kick-OFF Ubislate7+ Tablet.

WAITING FOR THE REFUND ... but very sceptical about it.
They can easily steal the money,my fate.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Datawind has launched its tablets based on android 4.0 ,here are the tablets
*imageshack.us/a/img29/660/ubislatespecs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

for more information , Android 4.0 Based UbiSlate Tablet Range With 7" Screens Launched By Datawind; Starts At Rs 3000 | TechTree.com

kg11sgbg

I have already a VeeDee E10 Tablet in my hands(RECEIVED TODAY).
Forum friends are requested to visit "VeeDee E10 Tablet" thread under "Mobiles and Tablet section".
Posted photos,but didn't edit the photos properly and also took from my KODAK M863 digital camera,with a novice hand of mine.

I am much satisfied with the VeeDee E10...for the price range of Rs.5,490/- with 1GB RAM and 8GB inbuilt flash...

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Datawind has launched its tablets based on android 4.0 ,here are the tablets
*imageshack.us/a/img29/660/ubislatespecs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

for more information , Android 4.0 Based UbiSlate Tablet Range With 7" Screens Launched By Datawind; Starts At Rs 3000 | TechTree.com

Why the hell do manufacturers still use Resistive touch technology. That's should be like stone age technology now.

kg11sgbg

Still not got refund back from the CHEATER company.
I think,the've("Saala Cho"r Dat****d) managed and engaged the Public Money by distributing to Politicians,Bureaucrats,Judiciary and above all the Media+Press.
No repulsion in the society for this fraud,may be we the sufferers are a petty and measly 0.0000001% of the population in India,so nobody except a few of us the Victims, will ever bother or take notice.
The company has purely encashed on our lower middle-class mind setup,psychological traits,etc;perhaps they have done a thorough research and survey for years on this % of the population of India.

SURRENDERED TO FATE ULTIMATELY.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Is it really a made in india product? Few of these indian companies are smartly calling "repacked/packed with branding name in india" as "made in india".

puran11

Right off the assembly line
I really don't feel to trust anymore on their commitments, I have booked mine in February 2012 and then i got a mail form them that your booking has accepted successfully, you will receive your device shortly. Till then I've got some couple of calls, rest than they guys have never returned neither with device nor with any information call.

bubusam13

Human
Please Guys stopppp... no more Akashmania pls. I booked Ubislate in December... I also forgot in which year, last year or in 2010 Akash was launched.

And this became a huge frustration for me, I needed a tablet then for my work. Datawind said they will deliver in weeks, 1 month, 2 month, in May, in July and its going on and I have not received anything yet. I even delayed buying other tablet waiting for them.

kg11sgbg

^^correctly marked @bubusam13,hopefully you bought Tablet from any one of them:---> Penta/Micromax/Zen/iBerry/Kobian/VeeDee/iBall/Attitude Daksha/iBall/etc...
We think DataWind is a null & void company,it even doesn't exist anymore.We should forget about it now.

Also to other Forum Friends,like us,those of whom had booked+prepaid for Ubislate7+ Tablet,I think better buy a new one according to your budget+choice;rest is forget about DataWind...

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
if Akash comes into existence by chance , it has still great chance to exist because of its ultra low price and don't forget tablets made for students , Hopefull we would able to find them easily in grey market for 300-400 bucks more

kg11sgbg

^^ Chances are 100000:1; where 100000 part is non-existence/non-receiving/non-refund/THEFT/BURGLARY/etc... of the Akash or Akash-2 or Ubislate7+ or Ubislate7Ri/Ci/Ri+/Ci+ series manufactured by a DAMNED cheater and SCAM company.
1 part is the chance of getting it(still sceptical about the functions & reliability).

In one word the fate of this Tablet is "B L E A K"....to customers(COMMON PUBLIC those of whom had PRE-PAID or READY TO PAY).

bubusam13

Human
I wanna ask what made for students means ? Is there any special chip they can handle any complex calculations like in graphics or are they so easy to use without any effort.

A student who needs a tablet can also afford a good tablet. What Akash having is a low configuration, resistive screen and very low quality builds. I have seen pictures where housing is open and electronics inside are fixed with tape. If you provide such devices to students which under perform, or stops working all of a sudden, it will be just a frustration for students.

What for students means is it should be
1> firstly able to handle student oriented tasks
2> cheap
3> very easily available to students (which is not so in case of Akash)
4> and reliable (which is also not so)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I wanna ask what made for students means ? Is there any special chip they can handle any complex calculations like in graphics or are they so easy to use without any effort.

A student who needs a tablet can also afford a good tablet. What Akash having is a low configuration, resistive screen and very low quality builds. I have seen pictures where housing is open and electronics inside are fixed with tape. If you provide such devices to students which under perform, or stops working all of a sudden, it will be just a frustration for students.

What for students means is it should be
1> firstly able to handle student oriented tasks
2> cheap
3> very easily available to students (which is not so in case of Akash)
4> and reliable (which is also not so)

^^^
+1

Top Bottom