Akash tablet project nearly-dead because of corruption?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@all
I've demanded my amount of booking for Ubislate7+ as full Refund,and cancelled my order.Datawind was promising me to deliver the tablet between 1st -to -15th of June,now they are telling that the Tablet will be delivered between 15th -to- 30th June....afterwards they will tell that it's a promise the Tablet will be delivered between 1st -to- 15th July,..........................................................................[Jan,Feb,...,Dec](nth Year!!!!???):twisted::twisted::evil::evil:

If they are not a cheater company,then obviously they will refund me back my money,else it will be my FATE...:cry:

Just,wondering how fools like me are still prebooking(with payment)for Ubislate7+ Tablet??!!

This is exactly what is happening with me right now.:-x
Don't know about the others.

kg11sgbg

A single & slight ray of Hope ,may be or may not be:--->:|

Supportin(NC) ✆ supportin@datawind.com
Aug 15 (1 day ago)

to me

Dear Kaushik,

We understand that the device deliveries got delayed due to certain unforeseen reasons. We regret the inconvenience caused due to delay. Your order is in process. You will get your delivery of Ubislate7+ surely in August. Kindly bear with us for some more time.

For more details on Ubislate7+/Ubislate7C , view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com
For all Cheque/Demand Draft payment enquiries, please email us Payment@datawind.com

Regards,
Datawind Support Team
1800 180 2180

SupportIndia-M ✆ supportin@datawind.com
Aug 15 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear Kaushik,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in the delivery of your order. Due to
some unforeseen circumstances the deliveries have been delayed. Your order
is in process, you will receive your UbiSlate 7+ in August surely.

For more details on UbiSlate 7+/Ubislate7C view the Frequently Asked
Questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,
Datawind Support Team
1800 180 2180

PATIEEEENNNNNNCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE................................................................... ?????????????????????????????????????????:oops::-(:-?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
you wont be getting it sadly. I have read about few people even loosing their money after transferring the ammount to them.
If you get somehow, which is very unlikely this month I will also try getting mine.

diversifiedseo

Right off the assembly line
Akaash tablet performance was poor due to its resistive touchscreen and 366 mhz processor.
Local SEO Services,Best SEO company

kg11sgbg

you wont be getting it sadly. I have read about few people even loosing their money after transferring the ammount to them.
If you get somehow, which is very unlikely this month I will also try getting mine.
Today their mail was as :--->
Supportin(SKS) ✆ supportin@datawind.com
8:05 AM (11 hours ago)

to me

Dear Kaushik,

Ubislate has been launched. The deliveries has been started. We sincerely apologize for the delay in the delivery of your order. Your order is in process you will get your delivery of Ubislate7+ in August. You will be informed before the delivery

For more details on Ubislate7+/7C , view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

For all Cheque/Demand Draft payment enquiries, please email us Payment@datawind.com
Regards,
Datawind Support Team
1800 180 2180

Still I am in for a ray of "HOPE" which might be vanquished soon....Let's see,my FATE!!!???

Well good luck to you then.

Thanks Friend. Again HOPE.....

Akaash tablet performance was poor due to its resistive touchscreen and 366 mhz processor.
Local SEO Services,Best SEO company

Buddy, AAKASH & UBISLATE7+ ARE NOT SAME.
I am discussing about Ubislate7+ Tablet(Which is the COMMERCIAL VERSION of Aakash),for which I've prepaid the money.
I am also never ever trying to COMPARE Ubislate7+ Tablet with any of those from:---> Micromax,Iberry,Spice,HCL; etc. those of which FALLS INTO A DIFFERENT LEGION + CATEGORY of Tablets.
Why don't you see for the specs of Ubislate7+ here ?

kg11sgbg

Kudos and Bravo to you Friend.:wink:
You seem to be a HIGH LEVEL Palmist too.:lol:

This is the mail I got from DataWind Today:--->:-x
supportin ✆ supportin@datawind.com

1:50 PM (6 hours ago)

to me

Dear Kaushik,

We understand that the device deliveries got delayed due to certain unforeseen reasons. We regret the inconvenience caused due to delay. Your order is in process. you will get your delivery of Ubislate7+ in September. Kindly bear with us for some more time.

For more details on Ubislate7+ / Ubislate7C , view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,

Datawind Support Team

1800 180 2180

So,what do you guy's think?
Hopes dashed or some feeble remainder left????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Kudos and Bravo to you Friend.:wink:
You seem to be a HIGH LEVEL Palmist too.:lol:

This is the mail I got from DataWind Today:--->:-x

So,what do you guy's think?
Hopes dashed or some feeble remainder left????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think you should cancel your order ASAP, if you can. In some previous posts, they said delivery in August, in this post, they're saying September. The question is WHICH SEPTEMBER?
Or else, you can try threatening them with Legal Action against Datawind. Just draft a letter with description of all your problems and demands (if any), send it to their registered address through Registered Post (via India Post), and ask them to respond to your letter/demand within 30 days. In case, they do not, then you can file a complaint (with a copy of the letter sent to Datawind's Registered Office Address + copy of emails - Order Acknowledgement and the mails following that) in your district's consumer forum and file for a refund (with interest) + Fine (for mental harassment).

kg11sgbg

@Forum Friends,let me wait a little longer,as I've waited from April 2012 onwards...

DataWind today sent me another mail :--->
Supportin(SKS) ✆ supportin@datawind.com
4:16 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Dear Kaushik,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in the delivery of your order. The deliveries have been started to the prepaid customers on first come first served basis. We will try to deliver your device as soon as possible.

For more details on Ubislate7+/7C , view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,
Datawind Support Team
1800 180 2180

It seems they are posting such mails everyday...again HOPE!!!???
Today also I contacted them at 1800 180 2180 and just in the 2nd attempt,I could speak to them.The customer care staff listened to my queries with care and compassion(unlike the former queries during these months) and informed me that the Ubislate 7+ Tablets are being delivered with carefully packaging to the respective customers(PRE-PAID) in batch-by-batch slot.
He assured that within 10 days I am sure to get the Tablet,if not more.
He also checked my credentials and payment database.
Again PATIENCE.

kg11sgbg

^^ Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yesterday(06/09/2012) they sent me two mails:--->
Read it duke123 and other Forum Friends:--->

payment(M) ✆ payment@datawind.com
Sep 6 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear Kaushik,
We sincerely apologize for the delay in the delivery of your order. The deliveries have been started to the prepaid customers on first come first served basis. We will try to deliver your device as soon as possible.

For more details on UbiSlate 7+/Ubislate7C view the Frequently Asked Questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,
Datawind Support Team
1800 180 2180

supportin(NG) ✆ supportin@datawind.com
Sep 6 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear Sir,

Ubislate has been launched. The deliveries has been started. We sincerely apologize for the delay in the delivery of your order. Your order is in process,you will get your delivery of Ubislate7+ surely:cool::zzz: in September.

For more details on Ubislate7+/Ubislate7C view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,
Datawind Support Team
Contact No.: 1800-180-2-180

Manufacturer of LCAD AAKASH Tablet

It seems Hope has died too.....................:cool::-x:x:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::?:?:?:?:?:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::blah::blah:

I am also a little bit morosed,that none of our Forum friends replied to my queries for:--->

i) Post #1

ii) Post #177

Feeling neglected yaaro...

Last edited:

tushar33

Right off the assembly line
this tablet will always be stuck in the assembly line. One day someone gets contract then next day and so on..
All these numbers are just optimistic. We wont see it on the street in the near future IMHO.

Though it was a wise attempt for the underprivileged.

raghupratap

Broken In
Lesson - Government should not stick its nose in business. Instead, it should its business - make good policy, create an environment that helps such businesses start and thrive. Decent Rs 6K tablets are already in the market - without any government incentive or such. If they had just left it alone, we could well have had 3-4K tablets. Now they have messed it up for everybody.

kg11sgbg

@@Forum Friends...
Bye Bye to Ubislate7+ Tablet.
I had categorically asked for a refund(without interest) and they have complied with:--->
Refund ✆
Sep 10 (1 day ago)

to me

Dear Sir,

Your refund is under processed. Kindly check from your bank within 2 weeks & Once done, we will revert soon.

Regards,
DATAWIND TEAM

WELCOME TO DATAWIND

Waiting with fingers crossed about my refund...from this Damned CHEATER company of India.

kg11sgbg

^ Obviously.They were playing with all customers like us.
I very well knew,that they will send me a mail and say that I shall get the Ubislate7+ Tablet SURELY on October...November...December...------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>ETERNITY...
Well I've purchased the VeeDee E10 Tablet from VeeDee Enterprises,Tab is on its way to me in the next 3~4 days.

I purchased it from here

Opened a thread on the Mobile & Tablet section about VeeDee E10,any previews/reviews/info./feedback are welcomed and suggested there at #1 post

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ IMO, you should have considered the Micromax funbook instead. Though, I don't know how their customer support is, but, I think Micromax's CS might be better than their's. Hope you don't need to go to Customer Care.

kg11sgbg

^Pray-FULLY and Hopefully so...

But you can have a look at HERE

The Battery may be an issue.Let's see,after I get hold of this Tablet.

Top Bottom