Airtel Modem = BSNL Connection???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
well friends,

presently i have an Airtel Connection with a plan of 64 Kbps and for this plan the billing is Rs. 505/- (inclusive of taxes)

On a flat basis I get download speed of 10 Kbps and occasionally it gets accelerated to 175 Kbps (as a surprise speed from Airtel anytime).

Well i am sick of this speed and wanna switch to BSNL's Home 500 Combo Plan. I have no phone connection of BSNL, thats why i have to take combo.

Well the modem provided to me from AIrtel is of Beetel 220BXI ADSL2+MODEM (Black Color). I paid 200 for this modem and this is not refundable.

Well I wanna ask that this Modem will be completely compatible with the speed of HOME COMBO plan of BSNL (256 Kbps/2 Mbps), especially at night 2 - 8 Morning?

Please reply

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
No issues in using that modem....

Simply change the settings by visiting *192.168.1.1 (ur modem Control panel)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
You would have to change VPI/VCI Settings in the modem to that of Dataone's Configuration.Generally its 0/35 in case of BSNL Dataone when using PPPoE Protocol.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
@ all

thanx :)

HEY ONE MORE THING

if i apply right here than will i get a response?

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataoneform.php

Last edited:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
if i apply right here than will i get a response?

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataoneform.php

Yes u will....
But response can take about 15 days or less to confirm whether u are interested.

It is better to go to BSNL office and apply for the connection.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
well i am not sure about this thing

i am interested in getting a HOME COMBO 500 Plan as i have no BSNL landline

but at office they are saying that first get a basic BSNL landline connection by paying all security and formalitites, than only you can switch to combo plan

so lemme know than whats the meaning of COMBO when i have to take landline first and than wait for the plan again?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
One word,cheating.

A Combo plan is one where Broadband connection can be taken without the need for applying a separate telephone line.

Check out the below updated URLs.
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
One word,cheating.

A Combo plan is one where Broadband connection can be taken without the need for applying a separate telephone line.

Check out the below updated URLs.
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

What I must do now. I wanna BSNL Badly. But the government guys are forcing me first to take Land Line. :cry:

What I must do
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

acewin

Point Blanc
its not just for BSNL same is for all Broadband connection buddy, except it takes time in BSNL, I waited 3 month before I got it.
I actually had to edit my post because I saw techtronic's comment and and what you said about office.

as per the new application format you apply for it same time. Just there is alot of security which you need to deposit and all differently.

So first work you should be doing tomorrow is go and submit your application.

This will give you the app. no. to check in the exchange after 2-3 days(2-3 days to give them time to get the application and if they wanna do any checking of avaiability), but I am sure they would not do anything, so go and ask them of your application. they need to find availability in your area. And as its BSNL they would not tell you about avaialability if you have not applied.

Airtel will first check availability and then only charge you to process your application), if you keep checking and coercing the BSNL guys you will get your connection within 20 days(Broadband), if everything goes somoothly. Otherwise, if they wanna hang it then no one can save you.

I had got my landline in 10 days, but after that my broadband application got hung, and whenever I went in exchage to check they said it is in process, user ID and account is getting created and they cannot do anything until that happens. Generally Exchange guys are quick in workin things, I am happy to see that in bangalore.

And be damn sure BSNL guys(your local Exchange) will fix any issue if you face anything when you have the Broadband, so do know where is the Exchange office for your area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom