Airtel drops broadband tariffs by up to 43%

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Guys, i think FUP is Fully UNFAIR Policy rather than Fair Usage Policy ....

...LOL!

Ok, when you say unlimited plan, any restriction is unfair. But show me any operator who gives you an "unlimited" plan better. My friends in the US are always surprised when I say "unlimited" plan. They have no such thing, just fast connection with large caps, sometimes unofficial.

The Great part about this changes in the tariffs is the download cap limit. It has greatly being increased.

Also Is FUP applicable for unlimited plans?

And i personally think Rs 1099 + Tax is the best plan, considering one is getting 512Kbps. Or any suggestions on the a better plan. I download heavily.

Yes FUP is applicable for unlimted plans ONLY. How can you think of an FUP for a plan you pay for your used bandwidth.

And your idea of the plans is wrong, the newspaper write up is not correct. Please refer post #3 in this thread for the tariff and bandwidth.

OP
P

prakhar18

Broken In
Yes FUP is applicable for unlimted plans ONLY. How can you think of an FUP for a plan you pay for your used bandwidth.

OKay, But then Having FUP for Unlimited Plans defeats the purpose of the UNLIMITED plan itself.

And how do they know or rather how will we know that we have touched the upper limit of download? Why reduced speeds?

dreams

Gracias Senor
seems gud..I now have a plan 799, which I believe is UL 256kbps speed..Normally I used to get 30-40kbps speed from downloadin thru IDM. If I go for 1099 or 1299 what would be my download speed??

Can sum1 using the above 2 plans throw some light on the real d/l speed they get??

T i A

any1 on this??

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
me and my housemates have this airtel 2mbps connection with 15 gb limit. we pay like 1500/month i guess. any offers on that? night UL or whatever?

x3060

A LOTR fan
currently am paying 1500 for tata ... 384kb/s ..getting a speed of 40-50 with IDM. hope they reduce the rate :)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
How come the tariffs are reduced? :confused: Previously in Kolkata the 256 kbps unltd connection was Rs. 649 plus taxes, now it is Rs. 799 plus taxes.:(

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Just checked my line, here are the results

*www.speedtest.net/result/528829605.png

I guess the increased bandwidth is only downstream.

Plan 1099
Airtel Broadband

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
AirTel Broadband plan 1099 Speed update:
Time: 1545 hrs to 1615 hrs

*img95.imageshack.us/img95/8544/tests.th.jpg

*img79.imageshack.us/img79/8648/test2qcx.th.jpg

*www.speedtest.net/result/529334059.png

Verdict: Supposed to be only 384 kpbs at this time !

:p Am enjoying while it lasts :p

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^so if we go for 1099 plan, we should get around 120kbps in the day time right??? wat abt during night?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
What I am saying is that AirTel 1099, you will get a speed of 384 kpbs from 0600 hrs to 2200 hrs, Monday to Saturday, 1 Mbps from 2200 hrs to 0600 hrs, Monday to Saturday, and they say 1 Mbps on Sunday, whole day, so that should be 1 Mbps from 2200 hrs Saturday night to 0600 hrs Monday morning, I haven't gone through the Sunday experience yet.

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^thnx for the detailed explanation..as of now I have 256kbps conn, using which i get 30-40kbps download speed..so if i upgrade whats the acyual or exact speed i wil get?

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^thnx a bunch..this is wat i was xpecting..but i dnt think this is VFM unless otherwise e use the d/l in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom