Airtel drops broadband tariffs by up to 43%

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishanatmuz

Right off the assembly line
It is a nice news. Hurray.
Now soon we will be seeing competition between different service providers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
In 2004 the competition was not as tough as of now (Tata and Reliance are now pulling airtel's customers). Airtel wants to retain customers at any cost.
I am thinking of calling again CC next month to ask for further discount :razz:
lolz

And those customers who moved to TATA/Reliance from Airtel will come running back to Airtel, thanks to the pathetic stability and support provided by TATA/Reliance.

The only thing that is stopping Airtel to reach more customers is that they are DSL internet provider which means that they have to dig and lay underground cables and that involves lot of time and cost and planning where as TATA and Reliance are concentrating entirely on WiMax. All you need to have is a tower and wireless antennas. In this case, setup cost is less but reliability and coverage takes a hit as more and more customers join the band.

amitnsonu

Right off the assembly line
Airtel has much much better service as well as offers than reliance and tata.
wimax is not very reliable when compared to cable.:idea:

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
^^ I'm on BSNL 512kbps ul +
shifting now to 1000inr 2mbps plan...

I bet airtel with rise the mercury once the customers are bound by their broadband *bands*.. u know, wat u gonna do then? run around every guy who gets more low to get u a flag? ;)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^ I'm on BSNL 512kbps ul +
shifting now to 1000inr 2mbps plan...

I bet airtel with rise the mercury once the customers are bound by their broadband *bands*.. u know, wat u gonna do then? run around every guy who gets more low to get u a flag? ;)

How much r u paying right now for 512KBPS UL plan?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^how come ur UL plan is more than the 2MBPS plan. Is this 2MBPS plan limited?

Just asking u because i m on 256KBPS UL & paying 810/-. I thought there might be some plans from BSNL which i m not aware of just like Airtel have!

ishanjain

Broken In
Anyone remember that previously when airtel launched their new set of plans, the 1299 one have the following specs..
512 kbps in day
1mbps in night
and 1mbps for the whole sunday....

Am i right on the third point??
Coz i remember that they mention this point on their website and was one of the reasons i upgraded to this plan. But neither i am getting 1mbps on sunday nor anything is mentioned on the website now. Talked to the cc and they said that there was no such feature in my plan.... Anyone remember anything??

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
^how come ur UL plan is more than the 2MBPS plan. Is this 2MBPS plan limited?

Just asking u because i m on 256KBPS UL & paying 810/-. I thought there might be some plans from BSNL which i m not aware of just like Airtel have!

BSNL guys or websites are plain and straight .. no seductive techniques or mind infatuating delusive offerings..
1350inr - 512Kbps UL
1000inr - 2Mbps 5GB limit night UL 2am to 8 am
750 inr - 256Kbps UL but sucks as its way too less, I mean its a goddamn 256 man
Best IMHO
500C+ - 2.5 GB limit 2MBPs 600INR and night UL
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Anyone remember that previously when airtel launched their new set of plans, the 1299 one have the following specs..
512 kbps in day
1mbps in night
and 1mbps for the whole sunday....

Am i right on the third point??
Coz i remember that they mention this point on their website and was one of the reasons i upgraded to this plan. But neither i am getting 1mbps on sunday nor anything is mentioned on the website now. Talked to the cc and they said that there was no such feature in my plan.... Anyone remember anything??
I don't :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom