Airtel drops broadband tariffs by up to 43%

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
guys just an update the plan Explorer 1099 is still available in south states like karnataka,kerala,T.N,maharashtra(except in mumbai),A.P.,M.P but has been removed from all northindian states why? south vs north disaparity why?
you can go here and the tarriff plans for different states
*airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/airtel.in/Airtel.In/Home/ForYou/Broadband+Internet/Tariffs/

OP
P

prakhar18

Broken In
Hey guys in the swift 1099 plan.

they are providing 512 kbps day and night. with FUP..

I want to confirm that are they providing 1MBPS on sundays???

And is FUP is applicable during Night Time?

dreams

Gracias Senor
I called up Airtel today and migrated from 799 UL to Swift 1099. 512 all day UL. But the cc person told that it wil take 3 days to migrate. Will hv to wait. :(

Wher is the FUP denoted? 100GB Cap?? And is this 100GB cap PM?

amitnsonu

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,
if u dont want to pay high rental for airtel BB just call 121 from ur LL and ask them to terminate ur connection.
Now the CC will ask u why ?
Tell him that u r not able to pay such high rental, then he will tranfer ur call to Retention dept.
Now here test ur Negotiation skills and get any plan with upto 20% discount!!!!

I GOT 20% DISCOUNT ON SWIFT 1099 PLAN MATLAB 880 RUPEE RENTAL ME 512 KI SPEED UNLIMITED (100 GB FUP)

SO CALL 121 RIGHTNOW !!!!!!!!!!1

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^gud trick..but i dont think it will work for all customers..normally these discounts will be given to customers who is with Airtel for more than 1 or 2 years.

Anyways, let me post my speed now. Earlier with 256kbps, my download from rapidshare would hover between 30 - 40kbps.

Now after upgrading to 1099, d/l hovers between 70 - 80.

Bad speed but compared to the old this is good.

70 - 80 is wat all 1099 customers get or anythn higher?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
lol airtel sucks..go for bsnl plans...here in hyd at some place having evdo signal(am talking abt bsnl evdo)...if u hav jus 2 points in sinal...we get 500KBytes/SEc...the plan is jus 500per month...

amitnsonu

^^gud trick..but i dont think it will work for all customers..normally these discounts will be given to customers who is with Airtel for more than 1 or 2 years.

Anyways, let me post my speed now. Earlier with 256kbps, my download from rapidshare would hover between 30 - 40kbps.

Hey bro I hv paid just 2 bills and I got this offer by calling 121 without any difficulty.
just told them that I m not able to pay such high rental......

It's exactly what I'm getting :) , and I'm having the same plan

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^+1 :)

@amitnsonu
lucky thr. The 1 or 2 yr old scenario is what we followed in 2004 when workin with Airtel. May be now everythn is changed. Someway or the other Airtel should get the 20% disc back. Who knows??

amitnsonu

^^+1 :)

@amitnsonu
lucky thr. The 1 or 2 yr old scenario is what we followed in 2004 when workin with Airtel. May be now everythn is changed. Someway or the other Airtel should get the 20% disc back. Who knows??

In 2004 the competition was not as tough as of now (Tata and Reliance are now pulling airtel's customers). Airtel wants to retain customers at any cost.
I am thinking of calling again CC next month to ask for further discount :razz:
lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom