Airtel Broadband Users Get Google - And isn't it a stupid offer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
Source

Bharti Airtel Broadband and Telephone Services (B&TS), and Google have
teamed-up to bring Web-based services to Airtel Broadband Internet customers.

As per the agreement, Airtel will offer it's Broadband customers a portal that includes Google search; Gmail with 2GB storage; spam filter and Web access and POP access; Google Talk IM/chatting service; Google docs and spreadsheets; on-demand gaming and music download service; and advanced utility/communication applications such as NetXpert, desktop and Internet security services, etc.

Now, all Google things mentioned above are free to all isn't it ? And I do not understand what is so great in giving them with Airtel Broadband !! Isn't it a stupid idea ?

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Its just a way of luring some people who are out-of-the-world of internet. If they ask me then I will bash the airtel guys :\

sandeepk

Journeyman
Why bring these kind of useless offers when they can really bring some good services? Instead they should increase the quality of service. ISPs in India think that the internet users/customers are fool.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
sandeepk said:
Why bring these kind of useless offers when they can really bring some good services? Instead they should increase the quality of service. ISPs in India think that the internet users/customers are fool.
Dont only blam our ISps...TRAI has also a great role. But I agree with you people..they can improve the service a bit. They just see overall profit..but dont look on small things. We people should also be blamed for poor service by our ISPs. Many customer dont pay their bill at time...many dont pay the bill...many even run away with modem and all without paying any bill.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
oh. and did you check your horoscope today. dial some stupid no. Only 6/min. your luck will change.
Want some crappy caller tune to damage the ears of anyone who dares to call you?
Only 10/min.
It sucks to have a lifetime prepaid? No problemo. You made a mistake paying a grand for the sim, now pay half a grand more to opt out.
And the best of all time.. celebrate the true spirit of independence day by getting the Rs1947 recharge. Show your patriotism.

^^^ These are extracts from the messages they have recently sent me.

I shudder to tell you about Hutchison-Essar

bkpeerless

In the zone
U all r shouting of poor service look at me i pay 300 per mth get BB at only 43 kbs . cant vew vedio and they claim to have fastest BB in our city malda .
Its embarasing :(

rmatrix

Right off the assembly line
i think airtel people are fooling around the people who r not in touch with the latest technology. ;) ;) ;)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
dont this airtel people hav better offers... they always come up with offers & services which we already hav. :cool:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
i'm Airtel BB user & they have f*cked me up. there server keeps getting down. they don't increase the quality of there services. they don't have any good plans. they expect us to just stick to low 256kbps & be happy. & its just with Airtel but also with other providers. MTNL has got worse plans but i hear they have good speed. oh well!! life s*cks here. :(

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
What i hate about these Phone companies is....they will be fighting for each paisa....Airtel Mobile to Mobile is 10p here in Punjab but they wont cut the prices of other crap call rates of Rs6/min..Man whats the use :confused:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
fun2sh said:
Airtel Sucks!!!!!!!
give me some examples ...plz relate only to broadband.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
oh. and did you check your horoscope today. dial some stupid no. Only 6/min. your luck will change.
Want some crappy caller tune to damage the ears of anyone who dares to call you?
Only 10/min.
It sucks to have a lifetime prepaid? No problemo. You made a mistake paying a grand for the sim, now pay half a grand more to opt out.
And the best of all time.. celebrate the true spirit of independence day by getting the Rs1947 recharge. Show your patriotism.

^^^ These are extracts from the messages they have recently sent me.

I shudder to tell you about Hutchison-Essar
Please stay with braodband service only...give some Airtel crap examples from BB service.

bkpeerless said:
U all r shouting of poor service look at me i pay 300 per mth get BB at only 43 kbs . cant vew vedio and they claim to have fastest BB in our city malda .
Its embarasing :(
what plan do you have???

rmatrix said:
i think airtel people are fooling around the people who r not in touch with the latest technology. ;) ;) ;)
what is latest technology that Airtel dont want to disclose???

vish786 said:
dont this airtel people hav better offers... they always come up with offers & services which we already hav. :cool:
Different region have different offer.I think airtel has much more option than other ISPs in India.

ƒire$eeker said:
i'm Airtel BB user & they have f*cked me up. there server keeps getting down. they don't increase the quality of there services. they don't have any good plans. they expect us to just stick to low 256kbps & be happy. & its just with Airtel but also with other providers. MTNL has got worse plans but i hear they have good speed. oh well!! life s*cks here. :(
Airtel offers speed upto 2Mbps..so you can upgrade to any speed any time.

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
What i hate about these Phone companies is....they will be fighting for each paisa....Airtel Mobile to Mobile is 10p here in Punjab but they wont cut the prices of other crap call rates of Rs6/min..Man whats the use :confused:
please keep the topic restricted to BB only.

~Lil JinX~ said:
I swear they're messing with our intelligence.
can you it explain it a bit.

Last edited:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@ravi_9793
i meant unlimited plans. for people who download a lot like me. the max u can get is 256kbps for an unlimited connection & that to is expensive.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
ƒire$eeker said:
@ravi_9793
i meant unlimited plans. for people who download a lot like me. the max u can get is 256kbps for an unlimited connection & that to is expensive.
Airtel offer 512 Kbps unlimited plan also. Cost is 1995/- per month.
Regarding cost ...all ISPs of india have almost same rate.So, why blame only Airtel. Infact blam TRAI and lets blame we people also to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom