Airtel 3G prices reduced !

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Thanks for the info. I currently have Micromax MMX310G, which limits me to 3.6 MBPS.
I want to purchase a new data card, should I go for Micromax Latest 353G?
Or This Huawei E303C Datacard?
I will use the datacard in Ubuntu, too. Which would be the better option? Thanks in advance.

..... well.. in my home i have two datacards, 310 and 353.. I tried using the 353G's micromax dialler software with 310G datacard plugged in. In that case, i was able to make call , but no sound was coming for me. You can try the 353g dialler with your datacard. If it works, no need to spent extra bucks.... :wink:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I visited this online recharge page today, and discovered that there's a new plan:
Plan Cost: Rs. 151 with 500 MB 2G and 500 MB 3G Browsing valid for 30 days! :shock:

Anyone used it? Does that mean we get 1GB data at Rs 151, from which we can use 500MB in 3G?!! Cause if it's true this would be a really good plan!

reniarahim1

Youngling
But this plan really screwed up the call plans. I had activated 1p/2sec plan for 3 months and after i recharged for the 3G combo plan, the call charges was changed to 1.20 ps/sec. So be careful if you have some call plans activated.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But this plan really screwed up the call plans. I had activated 1p/2sec plan for 3 months and after i recharged for the 3G combo plan, the call charges was changed to 1.20 ps/sec. So be careful if you have some call plans activated.

Well, currently my calls cost 1.5p per sec. :lol:
So I am going forward for this plan. After then maybe I can try recharging with a small amount from a local recharge shop to lower the call rates.

Last edited:

NitroZ

Right off the assembly line
I am of India Origin lived in India for past 5-7 years and let me tell you it came as a shock to me when 256 KB was characterized as Broadband

3g Is a really old technology regardless how low prices go Internet in India will never reach standards of Developed world . WHY ??

Broadband Internet best described with this analogy Car travels at 200 KM/H but can only do so for 50 KM

3G has been packaged as revolutionary and fresh but its in fact ancient by tech standards

With FUP and Quota system even if he speed is 10 MBps it can hardly be used for more than a few hours

Hrishi

I am of India Origin lived in India for past 5-7 years and let me tell you it came as a shock to me when 256 KB was characterized as Broadband

3g Is a really old technology regardless how low prices go Internet in India will never reach standards of Developed world . WHY ??

Broadband Internet best described with this analogy Car travels at 200 KM/H but can only do so for 50 KM

3G has been packaged as revolutionary and fresh but its in fact ancient by tech standards

With FUP and Quota system even if he speed is 10 MBps it can hardly be used for more than a few hours

I had a nokia 6630 back in 2004 having 3G feature , unfortunately I was only able to use it after 6 years. Thats a real shame.!!
Infact 3-4 years back they were struggling to implement EDGE/2.5g in certain areas , leave the 3g.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Update:
I recharged with Rs. 151, 500 MB 2G and 500 MB 3G Browsing (valid for 30 days) plan.

But I am getting 2G speeds on both 2G and 3G. I did use to get 3G speeds on "Only 3G" plans. So I suspect their is some problem on Airtel's end.

After I talked to the CC, they recommended me to change network manually to UMTS to get 3G speeds. But I can't due to a possible bug on my Android's ROM. I will update after I change to another ROM. :|

sachin1

Right off the assembly line
Re: Airte 3G Price Cut by 70%!!!!

Hi Guys,

3gb for250 is not cheap price of airtel , further if price going down 200 then u can tell this is cheap n best price (i think)

Top Bottom