AIRTEL 384Kbps - 999 Rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi all.. there has been rumour about this offer .. but today my connection got switched over to 384kbps..

i get a max download speed of 45kbps.... but ona averrage i get only 38-40 Kbps.. which is quite poor...

upload is good....

anyone got his plan???

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i dont get u ??

ia m just asking people who shifted to this new 384kbps .... how much do they get download speed...

i get nearly 40kbps roughly of 320 kbps ( i dont know which is KB and whic is kb .. pardon me)

i am losing aorund 8 kbps .. thats why i am asking..

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
naveen_reloaded -
How abt modem charges, if any? And what's the total money that you pay after tax and every thing?

I pay Rs 960 + 12.4% for 256k connection. I might switch if the initial charges and other things is less.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
modem rental is 50 Rs i think... not sure...
drgrudge.. better switch to this plan ... 384kbps for 999+12% tax = within 1.2k

actually airtel is a SOAB(sonofab...) if i wouldnt have changed this plan.. i would still would have or charged me 999RS + tax for my 256 UL plan...
fortunately i came to know this ...
now i am not getting full 384kbps.. may be its due to rain... wires would have got loose... had this problem prev time...
p.s drgrudge.. were ahave u been....?? so long ... i have seen u in this forum... ( or i should be imagining things :-D )

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
I'm going to ask them in writing that I should get 45 KBps/384kbps otherwise it's useless for me. This is Rs 90 more than BSNL but 50% fast speeds. I need to talk to my parents b4 deciding.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Is all unlimited 256 changed 2 384???? Even im in u256 plan... but getting same 256...
will depend on the region. Not all region are upgraded. Call customer care for latest buzz. :D

I am also on 256UL plan, and always get more than 300 Kbps speed. Right now I am getting 340 Kbps speed.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Acc to the TRAI rules, the speed of the Internet Plans should be more than 80% of the marketed speed.
So for this plan, the speeds should be above 38 KBps.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Acc to the TRAI rules, the speed of the Internet Plans should be more than 80% of the marketed speed.
So for this plan, the speeds should be above 38 KBps.
All ISP are cleaver :D
No ISP says speed of 256 Kbps..they say speed upto 256 kbps. And with that they mention ratio. Means suppose you are on 256 connection and 1:2 ratio, than your speed will vary between 128 kbps - 256 kbps.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
TRAI rules say that u shud receive atleast 80% of what speed ur ISP claims to give. in your case, if u get 38-40, u're receiving more than 80%. and anyways, u'll get better speeds on http/ftp dl's

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
All ISP are cleaver :D
No ISP says speed of 256 Kbps..they say speed upto 256 kbps. And with that they mention ratio. Means suppose you are on 256 connection and 1:2 ratio, than your speed will vary between 128 kbps - 256 kbps.

i see in airtel site ( tamil nadu ) saying 256/384 etc.... no upto satement and all...
correct if i am wrong

TRAI rules say that u shud receive atleast 80% of what speed ur ISP claims to give. in your case, if u get 38-40, u're receiving more than 80%. and anyways, u'll get better speeds on http/ftp dl's

ya ... prev with 256 i got around 29-30 ... not the calculated 33.3 Kbps.. for download....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
still now even in tamilnadu page of airtel.in .. ther eis no mention about this plan...

it seems they dont want to show this plan...
since at present 256kbps UL = 999Rs + tax
and its the same for 384 Kbps also ... kinda confusing.,..
in some other forums.. they 256 is 750 and 384 is 999

really confusing.. best thing is call customer care and ask like u want to upgrade and ask them available plans.. if they didnt mention this plan.. insist them whether that plan is available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom