AIRTEL 384Kbps - 999 Rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^ where did you get that? It's not on the site is it?

Okay, I called up cust. service and they confirmed the following:

The New Plan : Rs. 999+12.36% : 384 kbps, no free calls, 95 paise per call
My Current Plan : Rs. 999+12.36% : 256 kbps, no free calls, 1 Re. per call

They said that they were offering 50 free calls earlier, but now it was stopped. I'm actually quite shocked that Airtel is keeping the 256 kbps plan.

I will be switching over ASAP and have already placed a request. I so totally hope that YouTube Videos will stream now! Right now I have to wait for the whole thing to load.

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I was also using the 256kbps Unlimited.........for more than a year now I guess, untill airtel gave this offer of 512 Kbps for 1200, which I accepted as a test for a month.........and boy am I satisfied......On an avg I am getting 60 to 65 KBps i.e 500kbps, evenings and night it touches 80-85KBps i.e. awsome 650 Kbps..........blazing fast for indian standards...........to give a practical idea I can download around 200 to 230 MB in one hour 400 MB in 2 hrs and close to 800MB in 4 hrs flat.......so its like 2 divx everynight!! :D...and you can imagin I keep my system running almost 24x7.

thats so gr8 ... lucky boy

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
thats so gr8 ... lucky boy
Airtel customers are always happy. With speed they also get best support.

yep most of the time......but the best part is the video conference with MSN (Windows Live! Messenger) which works like a charm......:)
yaa..MSN video streaming eats less bandwidth than youtube and google videos. I love watching MSN videos.

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
it also depends on the proximity of ur connection to the local or nearest node...

may beravi is lucky.. coz whenever we speak about airtel he gives good review..

may be i am not lucky...

and anther thing guys .. i s there a way to reduce ping ?? coz when i did a bandwidth test with speedtest website.... my speed varied according to ping with mumbai node....
i did 5 times... and whenever the ping was low ..( my lowest ping ws 90-100 ms) the speed or bandwidth i got was huge say.. near to 390 KBPs...

could firewall interfer ???

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^ I'll +1 on airtel support. It is simply flawless. And even speed. I get an insane 31 KB/s [of my max of 32] on a well-seeded torrent.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Hey
I just called them up... there is no plan like UL999 - 384kbps :O
why is that .. :( no such plan in delhi

Airtel customers are always happy. With speed they also get best support.
kahan ya ... earlier i used get boost in my speeds on reseting the rouer ab to nahi hai,

now they called up last week that, I will get double speed for 100rs, and 75rs talktime.
but then they said on second call its not aplicable on my plan. WTF !!

I have UL699 - 128kbps and get around 150-160kbps,
cant change the plan bcoz my parents wont allow this .. My mobile bill is Rs.865 this month as always above 800 :((

Hi all,
its kind of a SECRET Plan.
They are not officially marketing it.
So whoever is on 999 rs 256 Kbps shud simply call the Customer Care and ask them for a switch..there is no change in the amount u will be charged..
and one more info..
there is an airtel 128kbps plan for 699...
Even those users can upgrade to 256kbps at 750 rs per month..
here in bangalore they are readily giving 256 @ 750+taxes and 384@999+taxes... but u need to ask for this urself...they wont tell u all these.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Hi all,
its kind of a SECRET Plan.
They are not officially marketing it.
So whoever is on 999 rs 256 Kbps shud simply call the Customer Care and ask them for a switch..there is no change in the amount u will be charged..
and one more info..
there is an airtel 128kbps plan for 699...
Even those users can upgrade to 256kbps at 750 rs per month..
here in bangalore they are readily giving 256 @ 750+taxes and 384@999+taxes... but u need to ask for this urself...they wont tell u all these.
I just asked again its not there in delhi. :eek:

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
AIRTEL SSHOULD ADVERTISE THIS !!!

or automatically shift those lower bandwidth users ro higher ... ???

how can a business person can know all the updates in thier plan and tarrif...
thisis is rediculous....

Money hungry corporates!!!

AIRTEL SSHOULD ADVERTISE THIS !!!

or automatically shift those lower bandwidth users ro higher ... ???

how can a business person can know all the updates in thier plan and tarrif...
thisis is rediculous....

Money hungry corporates!!!

I dont think money is a reason behind this...
See , if they advertise it openly, it will fetch them millions of new customers...Many new customers , that too on a higher bandwidth means more load on an ISP...

So actually they are trying to keep their subscriber base in a limit that their Infrastructure can sustain...

its the same how sometime back they used to give 256Kbps to 128Kbps users during night hours unofficially..

Its like u shud be happy if they give u higher speed, and stay cool even u dnt get it..hehehehe

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya ... but i dont think airtel is under pressure more than bsnl !!!!

if so.. isnt it a fraud in charging 999Rs for one customer with 256 Kbps and 384 Kbps with another???

isnt ita DOUBLE STANDARD ??

ya ... but i dont think airtel is under pressure more than bsnl !!!!

if so.. isnt it a fraud in charging 999Rs for one customer with 256 Kbps and 384 Kbps with another???

isnt ita DOUBLE STANDARD ??
We do not live in an Ideal world..[:)] .
and isnt it great that Airtel is giving whatever they are promising.
Look at ISPs like Sify and others...how bluntly do they cheat ppl giving shared speeds.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
agree.... compare to other isp.. airtel is better....

but if this is america ... they would have filed a class suite...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@rollcage, I think north region is not upgraded to new plans. It will take some time.

ya thats the case ... in north its not available yet,

a friend of mine did get a call form airtel for 512kulimited in 1200bucks but he didnt opt for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom