bhoolkumehul

Broken In
need AGP Card. Help me out. i am living in Surat, Gujarat. i am going to Mumbai(Borivalli West).
anybody know where can i get it from there?

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy...Why do you need a AGP card. Better to upgrade your Mobo rather than going for AGP card. Also its very unlikely that you'll find a AGP card heck its hardly available even in Delhi.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
with AGP card you can play games like Unreal Tournament 2004, Quake III, Portal etc games, its not worth the money + it costs more- than a 4x better performing PCIE card.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ bhoolkumehul - what mobo and cpu do you have ? what's your budget ? what types of games you want to play ?

OP
B

bhoolkumehul

Broken In
want card for not playing games. i just not want to waste around 25,000Rs. for simple office use like e-mail, and MS-word.
i just want to release graphics load from my 1 GB DDR RAM.
i have PIV 1.7 pin 478 Mercury mobo with on board VGA.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
want card for not playing games. i just not want to waste around 25,000Rs. for simple office use like e-mail, and MS-word.
i just want to release graphics load from my 1 GB DDR RAM.
i have PIV 1.7 pin 478 Mercury mobo with on board VGA.

for simple office use like e-mail, and MS-word there's no need for an AGP card - get another 1GB/512MB DDR ram module around ~1.7k/1k - your office apps will run smoothly ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check if some G31/G41 motherboard support your processor. if it does get one along with a 2Gb DDR2 stick. total will be 4-4.5k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ he has a socket 478 pin cpu which no g31/g41 mobos can support - so it's better if OP gets another 1GB ram around ~1.7k and remove and keep his one 512MB as backup module - thus he will have 1.5GB ram which is more than enough to run his office apps ;-)

BTW, his current 1GB ram is even enough to run office apps like office xp / 2003 and if he facing slowdowns in his system - first he should try optimizations apps like tune up / winxp manager / glary utilities etc. and see if can get speed boost and lastly he can try re-installing a fresh copy of Xp and all apps and see if his rig is performing better on those apps and only after that he should think about getting some new ram.

Top Bottom