After BSOD & HDD Not Recognized

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
But this time no BSOD..i was just listening to music..
What do you think..it's the problem from HDD or SATA controller...?

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
at this time nothing can be said.wait for 7-8 days & if value remains unchanged then everything is normal.

After 10 days total Power-On time 33 hours

Attachments

• HDD 6 Apr 2013.jpg
    HDD 6 Apr 2013.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 87

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
everything looks normal.ultraDMA crc raw value is still at 26(i am guessing you changed it to decimal) & pending/reallocated/uncorrectable sector count raw values are zero.

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
@whitestar_999
Yes i changed it to decimal and it's still 26 or 1A. Will update this thread time to time if something happen again.
Thanks for your time.

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Unfortunately it happened again. But no BSOD this time. I just unplugged the harddisk's power and SATA cable (after disconnecting PSU cable) to clean dusts from the cabinet properly and to measure the space of front Fan. And now the C7 error turned 32 from 26 (Decimal). I'm very much afraid. Will post the pic soon, now on mobile.

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Re: After BSOD & HDD Not Recognized

Why aren't you giving it for RMA?

I'm thinking of it. Before that I've to back up all of my data.
It's difficult to make DVD's for such huge stuffs. Planning to buy a reliable 1TB external but at this moment all of my saved pocket-money is not enough for it.

Re: After BSOD & HDD Not Recognized

I'm thinking of it. Before that I've to back up all of my data.
It's difficult to make DVD's for such huge stuffs. Planning to buy a reliable 1TB external but at this moment all of my saved pocket-money is not enough for it.
You may backup on your friend's PC. BTW what's the size of your important (only important) daya?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe you didn't inserted the sata cable properly this time.UltraDMA crc error is usually not a matter of concern unless it is accompanied with pending/reallocated/uncorrectable sector count errors which indicates hardware failure.in my experience ultraDMA crc error alone never resulted in hdd failure.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
only crc value has increased that too by just 6 & even that is after the fact that you disconnect/reconnect the sata cable so in my opinion still it looks normal.however i always recommend backing up your important data even if your hdd is running fine so keep saving money for a larger hdd or buy a smaller one right now only to backup important data.

Top Bottom